IGNORED

Mods: new accounts

Davefevs

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Great photo.

Joseph is a top bloke.

I named my first cat (red tabby!) Riley, he was often up on the fence, really disappointed that he didn’t ever do the goal celebration though..

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I named my first budgie Joey after Joe90!

I think my son Joe (Joseph) wasn’t my choice, but when Mrs Fevs suggested it, this was who came into mind.

IMG_0272.thumb.jpeg.d91bf05ddbf38791d0d608a4965e1431.jpeg

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Great photo.

Joseph is a top bloke.

I named my first cat (red tabby!) Riley, he was often up on the fence, really disappointed that he didn’t ever do the goal celebration though..

We named our cat Jordan because

it's not often you see a bankrupt  cat with huge enhanced boobs! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

All sounds a bit Big Brother to me ( George Orwell not the vacuous game show)

Certain irony that our most prolific poster is requesting a restriction on the number of posts for new accounts.

42 powerful George Orwell Quotes | Firstinspire - Stay Inspired

At a certain level “Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear” sounds fine in a free society. However, if you give free speech to racism, terrorism etc it’s a dangerous path to follow. At a different level, is it acceptable to allow posters on the forum to insult others because of their differing views? You could say the insult is telling them what they don’t want to hear, but……

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fredford89 said:

I can only imagine you are speaking about myself based on your hostile replies on my first post, I’m not sure who you think I am but I’m very confused about your reaction to an opinion, is this not an open forum?very childish on your part and irrational making up lies about people to get them banned?

Out of interest, Fred, prior to thursday last, where were you mainly venting your opinions about BCFC online? Are those platforms strongly moderated?

2 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Could be because you’re holding the record for most ignored poster. Don’t leave a big pool of regular posters to question your post. 

Over 4300 likes would suggest differently Red……….……..:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

4300 likes from over 42,300 post must be one of the lowest ratios on the entire forum!

That is one like for every 100 and a bit posts

The reputation hasn’t been in use for that long Rich - Phantom would probably know.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I named my first budgie Joey after Joe90!

I think my son Joe (Joseph) wasn’t my choice, but when Mrs Fevs suggested it, this was who came into mind.

IMG_0272.thumb.jpeg.d91bf05ddbf38791d0d608a4965e1431.jpeg

I suggested the name Joseph for my first child, accidentally forgetting to explain to the then wife that it was inspired by the names two of my biggest heroes. Anyway, she went for it, and we celebrate Joe's 33rd birthday in a couple of weeks! :)

images (1).jpeg

jjordan.jpg

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

39 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Out of interest, Fred, prior to thursday last, where were you mainly venting your opinions about BCFC online? Are those platforms strongly moderated?

Mainly on BBC on match reports I regularly get in to discussions about the games and never get banned always been an observer of this forum

Edited by Fredford89

26 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

4300 likes from over 42,300 post must be one of the lowest ratios on the entire forum!

That is less than one like for every 10 posts

I have a dim and distant memory that @Robbored, as is his way, previously peacocked over his large number of reactions in a similar way to now. IIRC Tom reset his “likes” counter to zero to shut him up about it…!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I have a dim and distant memory that @Robbored, as is his way, previously peacocked over his large number of reactions in a similar way to now. IIRC Tom reset his “likes” counter to zero to shut him up about it…!

Did he? I didn’t know that. I wonder how many likes I’ve really got………...:)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Did he? I didn’t know that. I wonder how many likes I’ve really got………...:)

You said you had 4300 on the current count right? So I’m thinking that judging by your post history and quality, it’s probably around the 4301 mark…😂

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Cracking pic Dave, my dog went under the name Rambo, Steve Johnston!

Ran around a lot, barging into other dogs….but couldn’t finish his dinner? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’ve seen this come up many times. Accusing new posters of being Lez, Dog, Waconda (whoever they are?) etc.

But is there any proof? Just curious.

Yes, ask one of the mods via DM!!! 😉

As a reasonably recent poster, although I’ve viewed for donkeys years, I found having my first posts vetted rather unnecessary and a bit tinpot, and frankly annoying. 

I do find regular posters attitudes to us newbies rather aggressive or dismissive at times, it’s also a bit clicky. 

Banning posters really should be a last resort we are all entitled to our view, and we all have the ignore facility. Limiting people to a maximum number of posts is nonsense and unnecessary. 

it’s healthy to have differing viewpoints and adds to the debate, if we all agreed what would be the point of forum. 

The imposters seem to be rooted out pretty well as we are so why change and make it less pleasurable for new posters who join, remember all you older posters you were newbies at some point. 

• Like 4

Just for comparison, a friend of mine got barred from the Leicester forum for a single possible off record post ie restricted from Posting and if wasn't offensive or anything and I myself for barred from the Derby forum before I'd even posted! Some others did too in the case of the latter.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ashtongreight said:

As a reasonably recent poster, although I’ve viewed for donkeys years, I found having my first posts vetted rather unnecessary and a bit tinpot, and frankly annoying. 

I do find regular posters attitudes to us newbies rather aggressive or dismissive at times, it’s also a bit clicky. 

Banning posters really should be a last resort we are all entitled to our view, and we all have the ignore facility. Limiting people to a maximum number of posts is nonsense and unnecessary. 

it’s healthy to have differing viewpoints and adds to the debate, if we all agreed what would be the point of forum. 

The imposters seem to be rooted out pretty well as we are so why change and make it less pleasurable for new posters who join, remember all you older posters you were newbies at some point. 

As I said yesterday, I think the club did some real damage in November time with the co-ordinated signup of accounts. It’s led to a natural distrust of new posters, particularly those who are vocal in support of the club. It shouldn’t be that way, but it is of the clubs making. I also don’t doubt some people sign up and post overly positively because they are aware of that circumstances and like trolling. It happens.

With posters like Lez/Dog who keep returning the thing that’s always the tell is signing up and being hyper confident immediately - and you do get to understand posters style which is always another tell. As you rightly say we were all new here once and I was bloody tentative particularly in interaction with the forums “bigger beasts” so someone coming in and being very forceful immediately is unusual.

On the wider point I don’t think it’s necessarily a clique (although I understand it can feel as such). The fact is that in any forum, as in life, if you have an established group it can take time for newer members/ unknowns to get the same level of respect/disrespect. There are disagreements even amongst the “established”, but it tends to be that we’ve all posted so long that it’s more like challenging a mate as opposed to a random stranger challenging you - the former of which in life is always an easier interaction.

With newer members (and that includes those who’ve lurked and not posted), it’s the quality of the post that gets you more “respect” for want of a better term.  I’ve seen names come up recently that were new/irregular posters who I read and thought were a decent read - I’ll throw @JP Hampton in there. Hadn’t seen many posts of his until recently but now I look out for them.

And, disagreement is 100% healthy. We’re all city and want the best for the club. Thats why people who post “you want us to lose” get pretty short shrift!

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just for comparison, a friend of mine got barred from the Leicester forum for a single possible off record post ie restricted from Posting and if wasn't offensive or anything and I myself for barred from the Derby forum before I'd even posted! Some others did too in the case of the latter.

We all know why you got pre banned from the Derby forum pops!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm pretty sure you're barred from the entire county of Derbyshire aren't you? And you're currently working on Leicestershire?

As for the topic at hand... if you see someone start insulting other OTIBers a day after joining... they're not new to the forum. Yeh this ⬇️

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

With posters like Lez/Dog who keep returning the thing that’s always the tell is signing up and being hyper confident immediately - and you do get to understand posters style which is always another tell. As you rightly say we were all new here once and I was bloody tentative particularly in interaction with the forums “bigger beasts” so someone coming in and being very forceful immediately is unusual.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Lets not turn this into a character assination on robbo, he's part of the furniture here, adress the jonny come latelys

I was literally going to say the same thing. I don’t think there’s a post from RR that someone doesn’t pop up and make some bullying scathing comments! 
 Even perfectly measured comments from him come under attack. It’s not like he’s ever particularly controversial.
  Only yesterday when he was describing, on another thread, the state of the men’s toilets of old, he was referred to as having a “perverted fantasy”!!!  It didn’t even make sense.
It doesn’t sit well with me. Just bullying. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

As I said yesterday, I think the club did some real damage in November time with the co-ordinated signup of accounts. It’s led to a natural distrust of new posters, particularly those who are vocal in support of the club. It shouldn’t be that way, but it is of the clubs making. I also don’t doubt some people sign up and post overly positively because they are aware of that circumstances and like trolling. It happens.

On the wider point I don’t think it’s necessarily a clique (although I understand it can feel as such). The fact is that in any forum, as in life, if you have an established group it can take time for newer members/ unknowns to get the same level of respect/disrespect. There are disagreements even amongst the “established”, but it tends to be that we’ve all posted so long that it’s more like challenging a mate as opposed to a random stranger challenging you - the former of which in life is always an easier interaction.

With newer members (and that includes those who’ve lurked and not posted), it’s the quality of the post that gets you more “respect” for want of a better term.  I’ve seen names come up recently that were new/irregular posters who I read and thought were a decent read - I’ll throw @JP Hampton in there. Hadn’t seen many posts of his until recently but now I look out for them.

And, disagreement is 100% healthy. We’re all city and want the best for the club. Thats why people who post “you want us to lose” get pretty short shrift!

@Ashtongreight pretty much what Silvio said.  My suggestion was a sledgehammer to crack a walnut.  It’s just one or two spoiling it for the masses. On Facebook groups they ask you a City question, but it’s almost not worth it, as anyone can get the answer, so that doesn’t work.