IGNORED

Blackburn already discussing us

22A

Guess what; another forum with pessimists posting their fears. https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/36942-v-bristol-city-a-10042024/

1; Bristol City are a menace. They are well capable of soundly beating any team in this division and equally can play like absolute dross. This could be an absolute chasing for us or a three point Ashton Gate benevolent evening and there is no predicting which it will be.

2; No real options to freshen things up will see us lose this 2-0 I reckon.

3; A tough one at Bristol,like yesterday it's very important we don't pick up early yellows and see out the first 15 minutes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, 22A said:

Guess what; another forum with pessimists posting their fears. https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/36942-v-bristol-city-a-10042024/

1; Bristol City are a menace. They are well capable of soundly beating any team in this division and equally can play like absolute dross. This could be an absolute chasing for us or a three point Ashton Gate benevolent evening and there is no predicting which it will be.

2; No real options to freshen things up will see us lose this 2-0 I reckon.

3; A tough one at Bristol,like yesterday it's very important we don't pick up early yellows and see out the first 15 minutes. 

1. If by 'soundly beating' they mean by a goal.

2. If we score 2 I'll be amazed. But more amazed if we win by 2. Sammy S usually scores against us doesn't he? And apart from Sunderland, weren't we the only team to roll over to them  on their current bad run?

3. Not as tough as you think if you sit back Blackburn, you'll probably be able to see out the first 90 minutes. A good game to gauge any perceived improvement under LM (and I mean improvement against the LM dross base and not against NP's base). This might be the game to turn me off renewing completely! Certainly if we play anything like yesterday. It could be a bit like the Cardiff game when both sides were very poor and scared to play on the front foot (whatever that is).

Edited by Sleepy1968
spellin
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Sammy S usually scores against us doesn't he? 

“Usually” as in he’s only ever scored against us in one game since he left, you mean?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

“Usually” as in he’s only ever scored against us in one game since he left, you mean?

That's 'usually' in my book Graham 😀. I remember he scored for Peterborough against us. I guess that was it then.

Our worst performances of the season have come at home against relegation threatened sides. In fact, four of the bottom eight have beaten us at Ashton Gate, so the prospect of back to back home games against Blackburn and Huddersfield doesn’t exactly fill me with excitement. I think we’ll come out with one 1-0 win and one 0-1 loss, but not sure which will be which.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 1

On 07/04/2024 at 10:38, Robbored said:

That’s the first time I’ve seen Blackburn Rovers forum and it further shows that we football fans are very similar to each other regardless of which club you support.

What are you talking about? this forum is my only source of news so naturally I believe everyone else is having an absolute party out there with constant dizzying success - this is not the case?

5 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Dunno, but i wouldnt be at all surprised if he scores at least one against us. Its 2 teams of average/ below average with one player who is having the season of his life.

Have a feeling he will be right up for it tomorrow night 

• Sad 1

On 07/04/2024 at 16:22, Sleepy1968 said:

That's 'usually' in my book Graham 😀. I remember he scored for Peterborough against us. I guess that was it then.

To be fair, that's one more than he ever scored for us.*

*Not his fault at all, but it's true.

I don’t know if he was given a fair crack of the whip when he was here or not but I remember that he didn’t pull up any trees or shrubberies when he had his chances. 
Palmer looked the part and of the two I can see why he was ahead of SS. 
Incidentally KP is having a great season at Coventry. 

• Like 1

Being only 4 points off the drop zone, I'm expecting Blackburn to come here and park the bus for 90 mins and might even get a goal against the run of play.  We will probably have 70%+ posession and be unable break them down.

My money is on a boring nil nil draw.

On the other hand, as we have nothing to play for, other than to perhaps sell a few more season tickets, we might go completely against the grain and try to play some attacking entertaining football, but I wouldn't put money on it as it doesn't mention playing that way in the FW coaching handbook.

The only certainty is that we will bring on substitutes at 60 minutes irrespective of whether we need them after 20 minutes, 45 minutes or not at all because it does say that in the FA coaching handbook.

I am a little concerned that our back line looked a little shaky without Rob Dickie last time out, so not sure if that can be fixed - perhaps by swapping Roberts and Pring.

Who do you play up front?  Conway, Wells or both of them? 

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 1

On 07/04/2024 at 10:22, Dastardly and Muttley said:

They obviously haven’t seen much of us. We’re only capable of soundly beating the best teams. Against everyone else, we struggle.

That's fair.

Our current record against teams in the bottom half under Manning - P13: W2, D4, L7

The recent wins against Swansea and Plymouth, and the draw against Sunderland, have made that record look a bit better than it did a few weeks ago. Granted, the general sentiment seems to be that the Swansea and Sunderland results flattered us.

These games against "inferior" opposition are the ones where I really want to see Manning improve. With games against Blackburn, Huddersfield, Rotherham, and Stoke remaining, he very much has an opportunity to do so.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 07/04/2024 at 10:38, Robbored said:

That’s the first time I’ve seen Blackburn Rovers forum and it further shows that we football fans are very similar to each other regardless of which club you support.

At least they have the right to be a league above in the moaning stakes, although we are top 6 and hoping for promotion.

10 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Being only 4 points off the drop zone, I'm expecting Blackburn to come here and park the bus for 90 mins and might even get a goal against the run of play.  We will probably have 70%+ posession and be unable break them down.

My money is on a boring nil nil draw.

On the other hand, as we have nothing to play for, other than to perhaps sell a few more season tickets, we might go completely against the grain and try to play some attacking entertaining football, but I wouldn't put money on it as it doesn't mention playing that way in the FW coaching handbook.

The only certainty is that we will bring on substitutes at 60 minutes irrespective of whether we need them after 20 minutes, 45 minutes or not at all because it does say that in the FA coaching handbook.

I am a little concerned that our back line looked a little shaky without Rob Dickie last time out, so not sure if that can be fixed - perhaps by swapping Roberts and Pring.

Who do you play up front?  Conway, Wells or both of them? 

Tbh I can’t see them parking the bus at all, they are only three points clear from the drop and will be desperate and well up for it , they ‘ went’ for it at Sunderland and won 5-1 ! 

We literally have nothing to play for so hope we can get up for it , probably not huge crowd etc so could well be a difficult night , hopefully not 🙄

• Like 1