IGNORED

VAR

Caught a Talksport interview the other day with the guy who invented Hawkeye, from which I think VAR was developed.

He said that he is disappointed at how VAR was introduced into football as it was not intended to be used in the way it is.(I hope my interpretation is accurate)

I'm sure he said that it was intended to be used on a challenge basis, as are reviews in American football.

I used to say that Rugby had it right, but the last world cup changed my opinion, as you could sense that the review panel were looking to get involved in the game. That is the problem with football VAR - the VAR involvement is too often a bigger story than the incident in question.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

VAR goes to a new all time low

Rangers v Celtic

Shocking

I will keep saying it Corrupt as Duck

If its not a clear and obvious error from the referee, why overturn the original decision?

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I like Idah.  One to keep an eye on.

Good in the air, 6ft 3in, powerful, and can play with his back to goal, and out of favour at Norwich, is he on our radar?

Edited by Curr Avon

18 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Caught a Talksport interview the other day with the guy who invented Hawkeye, from which I think VAR was developed.

He said that he is disappointed at how VAR was introduced into football as it was not intended to be used in the way it is.(I hope my interpretation is accurate)

I'm sure he said that it was intended to be used on a challenge basis, as are reviews in American football.

I used to say that Rugby had it right, but the last world cup changed my opinion, as you could sense that the review panel were looking to get involved in the game. That is the problem with football VAR - the VAR involvement is too often a bigger story than the incident in question.

It’s used too subjectively which means basically you get no consistency in decisions.

Never boring it seems .

Great comeback !

13 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Cracking game. I do wonder what level these two teams are compared to PL / Champ.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

10 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Lower Championship, relegation zone likely.

I reckon they’d both be top end Champ.

edit: top end = top 6 (not “our” version of top-end!)

Edited by Davefevs
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

I reckon they’d both be top end Champ.

edit: top end = top 6 (not “our” version of top-end!)

If that were so, why no procession of players from there to the top teams in the Championship? Why so many English players go permanent up there? Only a handful can be on better wages than the top of the Championship. 

Edited by The Original OTIB

42 minutes ago, redkev said:

Var never the ref did - stand by your decision ref and don’t be bullied by someone sat in a room somewhere with a tv .

It was not a care and obvious mistake so VAR should not have got involved

After they did i agree the Ref should have the balls to stick with his decision

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Cracking game. I do wonder what level these two teams are compared to PL / Champ.

Celtic Mid table /Lower half 

Rangers Mid table / Lower half dependent on If they keep getting the amount of pens they get in Scotland

7 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

If that were so, why no procession of players from there to the top teams in the Championship? Why so many English players go permanent up there? Only a handful can be on better wages than the top of the Championship. 

Because the good ones go to the PL! 😉😉😉

Seriously I think they have good players up there (in those 2 teams) that compensate for the overall mediocrity of the rest / league.