IGNORED

VAR

23 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Haven’t seen them so maybe I shouldn’t comment, but still embarrassing.

Two stonewall penalties and one Everton couldn’t have complained if it was given. Still a daft statement BUT Forest were very hard done by.

• Thanks 1

VAR is total nonsense. Genuinely I'd rather the odd decision go against us than have a game held up whilst we're checking it a nasal hair strayed offside. Lots of decisions are subjective & VAR hasn't remotely got rid of bad decisions. Tech is great for black & white calls; has the ball crossed the goal line, but for everything else it's a waste of time. VAR should be binned, I hope it never gets brought into our level.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

Forest claiming the VAR guy was a Luton fan !

Stuart Atwell has done our games too though so surely isn’t right ?

Stuart Attwell the Luton fan who gave a goal against Watford, that didn’t even go in the net?  You’ll remember that we’ll Mark!

Suggest he has form.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Hard to see how you don't get one of these.

Ashley Young , how poor are Everton that he starts every week ?

Just watched them quickly, third is a pen for sure.

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Please some one tell me the difference between Aaron wan bissaka hand ball and Ashley youngs either both pens or no pens , one given one not , it’s an absolute shambles var

Give it a crack two are clearly different Youngs arm was in justifiable natural position and hes really close to the ball with no time to react Bissaka was weird running round with his arms out like Jesus Christ!! 

15 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Give it a crack two are clearly different Youngs arm was in justifiable natural position and hes really close to the ball with no time to react Bissaka was weird running round with his arms out like Jesus Christ!! 

Give it a crack ? Wtf does that mean , thought I was pretty streetwise but never heard that before 

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Stuart Attwell the Luton fan who gave a goal against Watford, that didn’t even go in the net?  You’ll remember that we’ll Mark!

Suggest he has form.

Just watched them quickly, third is a pen for sure.

On another day I could see all 3 given. I have seen 1 & 3 given recently .
I have no problem with the Ref missing any of those, but VAR can see from several angles Young catches or kicks the forward.

16 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

On another day I could see all 3 given. I have seen 1 & 3 given recently .
I have no problem with the Ref missing any of those, but VAR can see from several angles Young catches or kicks the forward.

Ab so it was Young involved .

EX Watford player so you might think a Luton fan might be against him !

And manager ..

Mind you Stuart Atwell did give Reading a ghost goal against us as pointed out above .

Edited by Markthehorn

I say keep VAR, BUT change it's use to that of DRS in cricket.

The Ref can use it if he's not sure of what just happened and both teams would be allowed to review two of the Ref's decisions. For the rest of the game the VAR official just sits there and minds his / her own  business.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 22A said:

I say keep VAR, BUT change it's use to that of DRS in cricket.

The Ref can use it if he's not sure of what just happened and both teams would be allowed to review two of the Ref's decisions. For the rest of the game the VAR official just sits there and minds his / her own  business.

Definitely has to be a manager’s review system.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Definitely has to be a manager’s review system.

Issue for me is that  wouldn’t mean you get the “right decisions “ unless used for factual incidents as the ref might still go against them which won’t go down well ?

In cricket and rugby the final decisions are accepted - unfortunately don’t think they would be in football .

Mind you Forest were hard done by and I do think they have to be careful on who officiates the games to avoid such allegations.

Particularly if its been pointed out before the game .

Edited by Markthehorn

9 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Issue for me is that  wouldn’t mean you get the “right decisions “ unless used for factual incidents as the ref might still go against them which won’t go down well ?

In cricket and rugby the final decisions are accepted - unfortunately don’t think they would be in football .

Mind you Forest were hard done by and I do think they have to be careful on who officiates the games to avoid such allegations.

Particularly if its been pointed out before the game .

Ref gets no say once a review is requested.  Video ref - all on him.  Ref avoids flak as a result.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Ref gets no say once a review is requested.  Video ref - all on him.  Ref avoids flak as a result.

Maybe but they don’t like re reffing the game in theory which is why they say has to be “clear and obvious “ - which again seems to be very subjective!

1 hour ago, Markthehorn said:

Maybe but they don’t like re reffing the game in theory which is why they say has to be “clear and obvious “ - which again seems to be very subjective!

That’s just follows “umpires call” like in cricket.

I think you also do it just for penalty incidents and red cards / potential red cards.  Leave offsides to the Lino’s, even if they get it wrong.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Three Lions said:

Forget about City v Huddersfield look at each situation and that was miles off look at each incident as unique chuck the law at each incident. You can have your arms out to the side of you if its natural in the laws of the game. Is Grealish making himself unnaturally bigger for what he is doing? Grealish is jumping arms move when you jump. Dont think the ref is miles out and for it to be reviewed it should not be marginal. I dont think it was a penalty too marginal not convinced that is a unnatural position. 

I would say it's not strictly "unnatural" (your arms do move when you jump) but I'm regularly told on a Saturday afternoon by referees when standing in the wall, that you can cover your bits but cant have your arms out by your side. I would say yes Grealish is making himself bigger.

It's ok to say take them in isolation, but this is what is most frustrating in football - and this rule in particularly - there's no continuity. What's a pen one week, isn't the next and it means no one has a clue what's going on.

24 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

At least two, first one was soft but the handball should have been (but maybe not if you follow the Grealish one?!) and the third was a nailed on pen

I guess the whole crux of this is they will say it would have been at least 2-2 had the penalties had been given ?

But not sure that football is so simple as that.

Seems they agree with your view point on Ref watch if that is anything to go by !

Edited by Markthehorn
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr Hankey said:

Not saying it stands in this case, but did always think that VAR was a potential way for corruption to creep in to the game if a wrong un gets involved. Astonished that Forest didn’t get at the very least 1 penalty.

I think what they need to do is make the conversation audible, at least to TV audiences. That would ensure there's at least an understanding of the process

• Like 3