IGNORED

VAR

1 hour ago, Roe said:

I'm not sure which of the experts it was on match of the day but one of them even suggested that the keeper should just change his own position so that he can see 😂

It was Ian Wright. Dion Dublin thinks the Keeper should be losing his marker. Gary Linker thinks the rules should be changed.

Match of the day pundits opine regularly that ex pros should be a part of VAR decision making.

Gary Lineker slams Wolves VAR controversy and calls for major rule change after West Ham decision (msn.com)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

It was Ian Wright. Dion Dublin thinks the Keeper should be losing his marker. Gary Linker thinks the rules should be changed.

Match of the day pundits opine regularly that ex pros should be a part of VAR decision making.

Gary Lineker slams Wolves VAR controversy and calls for major rule change after West Ham decision (msn.com)

Incredible

23 minutes ago, Roe said:

Incredible

And have reviews too like in cricket which I don’t think would work as teams wlll want more than one or two and whose to say the decision would be “right” as still be down to the ref and his opinion?

56 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Jesus, there's some utter dross from the so-called experts in that article.

If it wasn't an offence, then every team would get one player to permanently stand in front of the opposition goalkeeper to block his view. 

I do have a lot of sympathy for some of the decisions that have gone against Wolves this season, but this isn't one of them, and is one of the clearest offside decisions you will ever see.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Super said:

I've seen the clip not sure what Elliott could have done with his right foot. It's a clear pen.

One or two interesting decisions from Anthony Taylor yesterday. Only gave a yellow card to Casemiro for diving in both feet off the ground, I thought that it was an automatic red for that. Also Maguire dragging a Liverpool player all over the place near the corner. Presumably if the player had gone down it might have been a free kick? Is Taylor a favourite at Old Trafford?  😂

Another shocker yesterday IMO

Chelsea free kick hits Grealish’s outstretched arm in the wall.

Ref doesn’t even give a corner, but a goal kick.

Now I didn’t see it in real time but I saw the replays and discussion after. On the basis of what is given these days I can’t understand how it isn’t. Every free kick these days the wall are told you can use your hand to cover your face, or your bits, but anything out to the side is in danger.

I don’t understand how it’s not a penalty, especially compared to the one we got last week.

Also, I know VAR can’t over rule goal kicks but that conversation must have been amusing. Hold on Ref, you’ve given a goal kick but we’re just checking a possible handball.

Check complete, it did hit Grealish but no penalty - stick with the goal kick 🤣 it makes no sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Another shocker yesterday IMO

Chelsea free kick hits Grealish’s outstretched arm in the wall.

Ref doesn’t even give a corner, but a goal kick.

Now I didn’t see it in real time but I saw the replays and discussion after. On the basis of what is given these days I can’t understand how it isn’t. Every free kick these days the wall are told you can use your hand to cover your face, or your bits, but anything out to the side is in danger.

I don’t understand how it’s not a penalty, especially compared to the one we got last week.

Also, I know VAR can’t over rule goal kicks but that conversation must have been amusing. Hold on Ref, you’ve given a goal kick but we’re just checking a possible handball.

Check complete, it did hit Grealish but no penalty - stick with the goal kick 🤣 it makes no sense.

Forget about City v Huddersfield look at each situation and that was miles off look at each incident as unique chuck the law at each incident. You can have your arms out to the side of you if its natural in the laws of the game. Is Grealish making himself unnaturally bigger for what he is doing? Grealish is jumping arms move when you jump. Dont think the ref is miles out and for it to be reviewed it should not be marginal. I dont think it was a penalty too marginal not convinced that is a unnatural position. 

Edited by Three Lions
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

I didnt think any were pens 

Wow, gotta disagree mate. Think two were for me. The handball nailed on - he moved his arm towards it and stopped the ball going to Wood for a great chance.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Wow, gotta disagree mate. Think two were for me. The handball nailed on - he moved his arm towards it and stopped the ball going to Wood for a great chance.

Forest claiming the VAR guy was a Luton fan !

Stuart Atwell has done our games too though so surely isn’t right ?

32 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

One of the most embarrassing statements from a club I’ve ever read 

FA has already announced they'll be investigating the statement. I'm not sure what action Forest think they can take but if they're suggesting the ref in the VAR booth was biased he might have an action against Forest for defamation of character. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Text corrrection

It doesn't even make sense as an accusation. If the VAR Assistant was trying to fix a result in Luton's favour, why on Earth would he go for an Everton win over a draw? Utterly ridiculous nonsense which narrowly tops "it's not fair that we've got a points deduction for knowingly breaking the rules" as their most pathetic whinge of the season. 

17 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Agree - i think all 3 could have been given and 2 were definitely pens. I can understand the frustration. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Mark Clattenburg would have been involved in this I would imagine. He is a consultant at Florist.

A truly embarrassing statement this and they should have the book thrown at them.

Call it out i say - embarrassing once again from the officials. 

• Like 1

The problem is that two of the decisions were so clear and obvious that the var not giving them you really do have to question the integrity of the decisions not to give them. Personally I think all of the first three should have been penalties by the rules of the game, not seen the fourth as didn't watch the rest of the game so can't comment on that at all.

All of them are understandable for the on field referee to not be certain and not give them but being on the receiving end of not being awarded them then its impossible not to question whether something untoward has gone on.

The statement from forest is taking things a bit far and is probably doing themselves no favours, but the fact that you are not allowed to question officials publicly despite consistant and quite flagrant incompetence, you might as well all out as the punishment is likely to be the same and at least it highlights it.

Its been said before but if these types of decisions were happening in Italy or some south american country you would be fairly sure some brown envelopes had been passed along somewhere.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Forest claiming the VAR guy was a Luton fan !

Stuart Atwell has done our games too though so surely isn’t right ?

I believe he's the ref that awarded the Reading ghost goal against you.

Edit- seems it wasn't the only controversial decision in that game either, Reading keeper gets away with handball 

https://youtu.be/cYXInjVPjEI?si=fvjupr9HthlGIUUs

Edited by transfer reader
  • Like 1

I get their frustration, remember our lack of penalty decisions for two or three seasons where at the worst point we were the lowest side awarded penalties in Europe? for those three or four seasons bottom four or five in league for awarded penalties.

Pearson openly vented his frustration publicly and the response from everyone else was “You need to get the ball in the box more…” or it “evens out”. Well it didn’t but I guess we have had a bit more luck this season.

If was us I think we would be losing our shit too