IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

• Admin
1 hour ago, Paul G said:

I'm ever the optimist, a poor game tonight but 2 wins on the bounce. Next Friday will see where we are against Northampton. Win that then there is hope. We can do it, we definitely have the players to do it, it depends if we click.?

Excuse my ignorance what is it Bristol might do? 

4 minutes ago, Rob k said:

We have barley had any rain for ages ??

At times over the past few days it's been torrential 

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Excuse my ignorance what is it Bristol might do? 

At times over the past few days it's been torrential 

There is an outside chance of getting into the playoffs, it's a very slim chance admittedly but still mathematically possible. Much like City.

1 hour ago, Paul G said:

Uren is gone at the end of the season, off to Italy. Can't say I'm disappointed, he hasn't been playing well this season and that box kick against Saracens was a shocking decision which cost us 4 points

Kieran Marmion coming in to replace him. Good signing, experienced Irish international and known to Pat from Connacht.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slacker said:

In work tonight. Very much looking forward to watching this tomorrow. With the talent Bristol have available we should be playing so much better than we have been.Hopefully turned a corner now.

The Bears were unstoppable and made the Saints look very ordinary. You’ll enjoy the game for sure.

Majestic. 

The Basketball team won away at Newcastle too.

Good start to the weekend. Now, come on City do the business. Amazing if both the rugby and football teams gatecrash the play-offs. Mindful the women are topping their league and the basketball team are second in theirs, could be a classic Bristol Sport year. 

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The Bears were unstoppable and made the Saints look very ordinary. You’ll enjoy the game for sure.

Shame I already know the result but at least it means I don't have to watch it from behind the sofa!

1 minute ago, Slacker said:

Shame I already know the result but at least it means I don't have to watch it from behind the sofa!

I’ve watched the Bears many times at AG and have never seen them put in a performance like tonight. They were brilliant - the score line doesn’t flatter them at all.

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’ve watched the Bears many times at AG and have never seen them put in a performance like tonight. They were brilliant - the score line doesn’t flatter them at all.

There were some amazing performances a couple of seasons ago. Not trying to take anything away from Bristol but how were Northampton?I don't think they fielded a very strong team did they?

11 minutes ago, Slacker said:

There were some amazing performances a couple of seasons ago. Not trying to take anything away from Bristol but how were Northampton?I don't think they fielded a very strong team did they?

Record Bristol win, record Saints defeat. As Robbo says, Bristol could have won by even more.

Yes, BT were keen to point out Saints were missing a few, but strangely no mention of Bears missing Sinkler and Genge. Two key players including captain. 

Beat Quins next weekend and top 4 is perfectly possible. 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Record Bristol win, record Saints defeat. As Robbo says, Bristol could have won by even more.

Yes, BT were keen to point out Saints were missing a few, but strangely no mention of Bears missing Sinkler and Genge. Two key players including captain. 

Beat Quins next weekend and top 4 is perfectly possible. 

Sounds very encouraging. Shame it is Quins next.Bad memories of them!

• Like 1