IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

47 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Forgot what a win felt like, that tap tackle at the death won it.

One of the Bears actually dispossessed Esterhuizen as he stumbled after the tap tackle. I thought scored as he went over the try line - an amazing it of defending 

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I don't know what was more pleasing, the Bears winning, or Marler and Care losing.

Didn't see the game but there seems to be a fair bit of attention on something that Marler said which sparked a furious reaction from the usually fairly placid Jake Heenan, to the point where Luatua tweeted afterwards calling on Marler to apologise.

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Didn't see the game but there seems to be a fair bit of attention on something that Marler said which sparked a furious reaction from the usually fairly placid Jake Heenan, to the point where Luatua tweeted afterwards calling on Marler to apologise.

Yes, Heenan was really pissed off, he's not one to usually fly off the handle either so Marler must've said something pretty nasty. 

Makes a very good win either sweeter. The Bears were great, now to get a few wins on the board hopefully. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

2 hours ago, freezer said:

Yes, Heenan was really pissed off, he's not one to usually fly off the handle either so Marler must've said something pretty nasty. 

Makes a very good win either sweeter. The Bears were great, now to get a few wins on the board hopefully. 

No doubt it will all come out in the wash in the nextfew days, but....

Luatua would later reply to a tweet from former England international Andy Goode, commenting “That was absolute bull---- from Marler” before adding: “Surely Jake Heenan deserves an apology. Fair?”

Luatua tagged Marler in his response, and the Harlequins and England prop responded late on Tuesday night to admit he should not have made his comment towards Heenan.

“Yep. You’re right. I’m sorry Jake Heenan - p--- poor from me. Owe you a pint/coffee in the new year,” Marler said.

Pat Lam, the Bristol director of rugby, did not throw any light on what Marler had said and had not yet spoken to Heenan, but referred to “the spirit of the game” when discussing the incident. He explained that he had never before witnessed such a reaction from Heenan.

“I love Joe Marler,” Lam said. “[But] I brought Jake over from New Zealand to Connacht and to here [Bristol]. He is like a son to our family and I have never seen him like that. It is best to say one of the areas we are all trying to work on is the spirit of the game. 

“Something was said and there was a reaction from Jake that I have never seen before. We are all custodians of the game, players, coaches, and one thing we all value and we all work hard to keep is the right values and spirit. I will leave that to other people. We will just crack on.”

Tabai Matson, Harlequins head coach, conceded that Marler has a habit of finding himself in these situations. “He does tease people, so I’m not sure to be fair,” Matson said. 

“I'm just commenting on what I saw from the sideline. I don't know what was said but he's quite antagonistic. He's had to play against and I thought Dicko [Dickson] handled it well.”

Marler will find out whether or not he will face a hearing within the next 48 hours.

8 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

"Joe Marler, Harlequins, has been charged under RFU rule 5.12 for conduct prejudicial to the game for comments made to a Bristol Bears player during the match on Tuesday 27 December.

"The hearing will take place at 4.30pm today, Friday 30 December."

Banned for 2 weeks, plus another 4 suspended which will be enforced if he commits a similar offence before the end of next season.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

I couldn't make out a single word of that.Was it being played through the Dolman tannoy?

Marler called Heenans mother a whore. For me the main thing though is Marler's lack of contrition when being exposed, and told by Heenan that his mother was in hospital due to cancer. I see no apology from Marler, in fact he is asked by the ref to cut it out and he says "its fine".

Supposed mental health advocate is Marler, mind. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Marler called Heenans mother a whore. For me the main thing though is Marler's lack of contrition when being exposed, and told by Heenan that his mother was in hospital due to cancer. I see no apology from Marler, in fact he is asked by the ref to cut it out and he says "its fine".

The fact that Luatua had to publicly shame him into apologising on Twitter suggests that there hadn't been any attempt at one from him prior to that.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think that’s it, we all say stuff now and again, but the moment he’s gone my mums got cancer marler should be straight over to him, arm round apologising 

• Like 1