IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

• Admin
4 hours ago, TomF said:

I think there is a similar agreement to what the Gas/Bears had with Wasps + Council which means they will automatically buy it back.. could be wrong thou

The council own the stadium, so would get the ownership back

Coventry City FC would still hold their contract to lease the stadium as now

The interesting thing about all this is Coventry RFC have been getting increased crowds, and Wasps only got a crowd of 5k against Northampton recently and the majority of those tickets were bulk freebies given out to local schools etc

4 hours ago, Super said:

Just out of interest will Season Ticket holders get a refund on these games now not being played?

I would assume something like happened with the football did a few years back that an option would be given as to whether have the refund or not

As mentioned above, how big a hole would it put into the clubs accounts if all season ticket holders received a refund?

• Like 1

• Admin
On 13/10/2022 at 20:07, Lanterne Rouge said:

Exeter and Bristol have arranged a friendly at Sandy Park with both their games off according to BBC Radio Devon

22 hours ago, TomShor10 said:

Yep. Will be the 'A' sides as Bears 1XV are away at Gloucester. 

I was going to ask what happened to the game at Gloucester today 

On 13/10/2022 at 12:34, phantom said:

The council own the stadium, so would get the ownership back

Coventry City FC would still hold their contract to lease the stadium as now

I believe the bondholders have security over the assets and are now able to take 'possession' of those assets. The council appears to have some sort of clause but I'd guess that would be as a last resort.

No one knows the exact terms of any contracts due to them being confidential. However the bondholders agreement is public and it says they hold security.

However interestingly the stadium company wasn't placed in administration today like the rugby side of the group was. The stadium company was given an extention on its NOI. It seems the council may be about to agree to lend the stadium company to keep going.

I believe that the stadium company is profitable and would be a very attractive  proposition for an events management company or a property developer etc, especially if it can be secured for a knock down price. 

Simon Jordan made some interesting comments about when he looked at buying Coventry. He alluded to something about the council wanting the stadium to be redeveloped and the stadium to be moved. 

Coventry fans seem to be delighted with Wasps going bust but history shows us that when property developers are interested in stadiums, it's not because they want football to be played there. Didn't the old Wrexham owners try to run the club into the ground so they could develop the land? 

Obviously the council see a more profitable use of the land the stadium sits upon and that could be why there is significant interest in the stadium. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Would anyone play it if it went back to (sh)amateurism ?

I guess, the Welsh club sides have kept going (with some decent crowds) despite the abomination of the region set up. 

My personal preference would be for 2 leagues of 10, which would mean games not clashing for international matches (and the knock on effect of star names being absent). 

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I guess, the Welsh club sides have kept going (with some decent crowds) despite the abomination of the region set up. 

My personal preference would be for 2 leagues of 10, which would mean games not clashing for international matches (and the knock on effect of star names being absent). 

I wonder how many players would look to play abroad if that happened?

23 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I believe the bondholders have security over the assets and are now able to take 'possession' of those assets. The council appears to have some sort of clause but I'd guess that would be as a last resort.

No one knows the exact terms of any contracts due to them being confidential. However the bondholders agreement is public and it says they hold security.

However interestingly the stadium company wasn't placed in administration today like the rugby side of the group was. The stadium company was given an extention on its NOI. It seems the council may be about to agree to lend the stadium company to keep going.

I believe that the stadium company is profitable and would be a very attractive  proposition for an events management company or a property developer etc, especially if it can be secured for a knock down price. 

Simon Jordan made some interesting comments about when he looked at buying Coventry. He alluded to something about the council wanting the stadium to be redeveloped and the stadium to be moved. 

Coventry fans seem to be delighted with Wasps going bust but history shows us that when property developers are interested in stadiums, it's not because they want football to be played there. Didn't the old Wrexham owners try to run the club into the ground so they could develop the land? 

Obviously the council see a more profitable use of the land the stadium sits upon and that could be why there is significant interest in the stadium. 

Not much sympathy for Wasps, they shouldn't have up sticks from their roots. Don't know how rugby fans felt, but it was no different from MK Dongs getting pelters from the world and his wife, surely ?

• Like 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Not much sympathy for Wasps, they shouldn't have up sticks from their roots. Don't know how rugby fans felt, but it was no different from MK Dongs getting pelters from the world and his wife, surely ?

I wonder what Coventry rugby club are thinking, potentially a local derby next season if Wasps survive 

So the replacement fixture for Worcester is a friendly against Cardiff.   Pretty cheesed off tbh. I never watch friendlies in any sport I follow - just not interested at all.  And taking place during autumn international phase will demean the quality even further.   Appreciate what Bris are trying to do and that they are in a spot but it isn’t good enough imho. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, lenred said:

So the replacement fixture for Worcester is a friendly against Cardiff.   Pretty cheesed off tbh. I never watch friendlies in any sport I follow - just not interested at all.  And taking place during autumn international phase will demean the quality even further.   Appreciate what Bris are trying to do and that they are in a spot but it isn’t good enough imho. 

I guess the alternatives were very limited

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Cardiff are a good side, even without their internationals. If the fringe players on both sides treat it as an opportunity to stake a claim, you could have a very interesting match there.

I always liked the Pro14 matches during the international windows. Good chance to see what was coming down the line.

16 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Cardiff are a good side, even without their internationals. If the fringe players on both sides treat it as an opportunity to stake a claim, you could have a very interesting match there.

I always liked the Pro14 matches during the international windows. Good chance to see what was coming down the line.

Just doesn’t do it for me in any way.   I didn’t even get a ticket to the SA game, neither did my pals for the same reason.   I appreciate there are those that do so fair enough.   At least in the Pro14 it’s sport that means something  same as I enjoy the Prem whether it’s international break or not  as they are playing for something.  

37 minutes ago, phantom said:

I guess the alternatives were very limited

Yeah that’s fair enough, but it’s too short notice just to shove something in the diary imho. Guessing lots of people will have already made plans.  As I said originally though, I understand they’re in a bind but an arbitrary ‘this is your replacement and it’s in two weeks time - like it or lump it’ just wasn’t the way to go about it.  

Edited by lenred
  • Like 1