IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

Spot on @Midred

Might also add, when Saracens  breached the Salary Cap rules, they got docked 30 odd points, which was later trebled to enforce automatic relegation when they didn't want to open up their  books mid-season for further analysis of the current picture.

Think they also got a £6-7m fine, which as a percentage of turnover would have been somewhat higher in the case of Championship FFP failures IMO.

That said, the Football League have overall improved in the last 3 years or so. If we think back to July 2019 things were a shambles, clubs were at loggerheads and Morris claimed he would rather take on the Football League than HMRC on Talksport, although the specific point of the valuation was upheld.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Banner image

ANDY UREN SIGNS LONG-TERM CONTRACT EXTENSION

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28TH 2022

Homegrown scrum-half Andy Uren has committed his future to the club, signing a three-year extension with the Bears.

The 26-year-old Academy graduate, who has made 138 appearances for his boyhood club, signs a deal keeping him at Ashton Gate until 2026.

Director of Rugby, Pat Lam, said: “Andy is one of our longest serving players, a club centurion and a proven Premiership performer.

“As everyone knows, a big part of our vision is to have Bristolians representing the club at the highest level, and Andy is a fantastic example to our young players of what can be achieved through commitment and sustained hard work.

“Andy is a popular member of the squad and passionate about playing for his hometown club. I’m pleased for him and his family that he will continue to represent them with pride.”

Playing his boyhood rugby with Keynsham, Uren made his debut as a 17-year-old against Gala in the 2013 British and Irish Cup.

He added: “As a proud Bristolian, staying here was an easy decision for me. I love the environment and the boys - we feel as though there is a lot more to come from us as a group.

“I’m grateful to Pat [Lam] and the coaching staff for the belief that they have shown in me and I’m excited to keep working on my game and win silverware for Bristol.”

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

No one mentioned the loss yesterday, I take it, it's ruby's version of the Pizza Trophy ?

Yeah pretty much, it's intended as a development competition for younger players and some fringe players to get minutes, and mostly played in midweek and during international periods so the big names are mostly nowhere near it.

• Thanks 1