IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

Got to be pressure on Pat. Good will that he has in the bank quickly running out. Can’t see any progression at the moment. Trust the process, take the learnings etc. but we aren’t evolving as a team - we’re going backwards. 

We should have lost to Barf and could have thrown it away against Oirish. Lucky to be as high in the table as we are. 

I fear for us against Sarries, Quins etc. 

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That was at Ricoh tho?

Lam was actually playing for Newcastle in the '97 game at the Mem too! ??‍♂️

Do you think there's any pressure on Pat?

I’m wrong, the two games I thought they got smashed at home weren’t as bad as I remembered (Wasps and Northampton) 

Yes I think there’s massive pressure. Last season wasn’t good enough, and while the first three games were wins, like you’ve said, they papered over cracks. 

Personally I think Lams approach is getting left behind, as every one seems to be going big (South Africa approach) over nimble. 

• Like 1

On 08/10/2022 at 07:32, RedM said:

So in the last week I've seen 2 losses and a draw at AG, and worse than that pretty dire performances on the whole ?

So I'm off to Brum today for a change in fortunes

Chin up.  Preston & Millwall to come plus a nice trip to Gloucester.  What could go wrong?

No surprise. I think the whole structure is about to collapse - Assuming Bristol now have no Wasps game New Years Day, that’s £500k they’ll be missing out on through lost venue from the two games they’ll now not host.  Bristol can probably keep going, others will not be able to swallow the lost revenue. 

Edited by Barrs Court Red
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

No surprise. I think the whole structure is about to collapse - Assuming Bristol now have no Wasps game New Years Day, that’s £500k they’ll be missing out on through lost venue from the two games they’ll now not host.  Bristol can probably keep going, others will not be able to swallow the lost revenue. 

Exactly this. After the Worcester announcement I've seen lots on social media from people asking (and even demanding) a refund pro rata on their Season Tickets.

Yes whilst I agree free entry to  women's game isn't equal to seeing Worcester, I don't think these fans have actually considered the consequences of having to refund.

Bristol Bears would be hit financially but could possibly suck it up, other clubs would be surely tipped over the edge, and I don't mean just Wasps. No doubt league game money has already been factored in and possibly spent. 

I think these people need to be very careful what they wish for. Their ticket money might not look so appealing if their club disappears soon after your refund.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes whilst I agree free entry to  women's game isn't equal to seeing Worcester

Is that definitely a straight swap? As far as I can see it just says you can claim a free ticket for the Ladies game, I can't see anywhere that it's definitely a straight swap for ST Holders - match-day ticket holders have had their tickets rolled-over to the Tigers game (I think) so hardly a fair deal if true. But, as you rightly say, you do have to be careful what you wish for. 

19 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

No surprise. I think the whole structure is about to collapse

They have to make it work - somehow. 

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Is that definitely a straight swap? As far as I can see it just says you can claim a free ticket for the Ladies game, I can't see anywhere that it's definitely a straight swap for ST Holders - match-day ticket holders have had their tickets rolled-over to the Tigers game (I think) so hardly a fair deal if true. But, as you rightly say, you do have to be careful what you wish for. 

To be fair I haven't checked my emails or anything to see what has been announced officially, but earlier today whilst on a work break I saw it all over Facebook/Twitter etc. That was my understanding of the situation, I could be wrong but lots of people had understood it like that too.

My point still stands though and i can see you agree.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Any word on Harlequins and Sarries, my other "favourite " clubs?

• Admin
39 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It is a tad ironic that the ladies side are playing Wasps, but....

image.png