IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

8 hours ago, The Bard said:

He's been really good and we always look much weaker without him in the team.

Great hands too...

It really is in our hands now, Shame we haven't got a few points buffer, but get through the next two games against tigers and Newcastle, and then win one of the final two, that should do it.

Herculean effort needed. See you all at Twickenham! 

A couple of interesting points

- Moving their family stand into the lower Lansdown and moving existing season ticket holders in the impacted blocks to other seats

- More Bears decoration going into the 'clubhouse' - which I believe is the Lansdown concourse - with every season ticket holders name going on the wall  

- Price increases in all areas but price per game seems comparable

It shows the clubs willing to move season ticket holders to make changes, interesting as part of the s82 debate. 

Not sure why the Bears season ticket holders all get their names plastered over our football stadium but it's long past feeling like a football ground anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Not sure why the Bears season ticket holders all get their names plastered over our football stadium but it's long past feeling like a football ground anyway. 

Saw this and thought it very odd too.
However for me Ashton Gate feels purely like a place where our club plays these days as opposed to ‘our’ home. And I say that as a Bris supporter also so nothing against them whatsoever.  I was so happy when it was announced we were staying at AG but these days geography is the only thing that makes me glad we stayed.  It’s a confused mess.  

• Like 2

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Dredd said:

- Moving their family stand into the lower Lansdown and moving existing season ticket holders in the impacted blocks to other seats

- More Bears decoration going into the 'clubhouse' - which I believe is the Lansdown concourse - with every season ticket holders name going on the wall  

It shows the clubs willing to move season ticket holders to make changes, interesting as part of the s82 debate. 

Worth adding there was no consultation with supporters about moving the family section, when I heard about this a couple of weeks ago I was amazed at that, imagine the backlash if that happened at the football

As mentioned before there are already meetings behind the scenes about improving the atmosphere at City games, I attended a meeting this morning with the club and other SC&T about how to progress and what can be "quick wins" and what will take time to implement.

I wouldn't worry too much about their names appearing, even though the Lansdown concourse was once heavily filled with rugby connections, there has already been subtle changes to include more City related themes, and will continue in that way 

47 minutes ago, lenred said:

Saw this and thought it very odd too.
However for me Ashton Gate feels purely like a place where our club plays these days as opposed to ‘our’ home. And I say that as a Bris supporter also so nothing against them whatsoever.  I was so happy when it was announced we were staying at AG but these days geography is the only thing that makes me glad we stayed.  It’s a confused mess.  

Agreed, was raised with some mates recently. AG is not a football ground (hasn’t felt like a football ground for years). No atmosphere, no noise. Soulless place usually. As many have said on here, the ground needs a replan to help the atmosphere improve.

1 hour ago, Dredd said:

Exactly where it shoud be.

• The title was changed to All things Bristol Bears
On 01/04/2024 at 07:24, Lordofthebling said:

Great hands too...

It really is in our hands now, Shame we haven't got a few points buffer, but get through the next two games against tigers and Newcastle, and then win one of the final two, that should do it.

Herculean effort needed. See you all at Twickenham! 

Get your tickets for the Saracens game. That will be a belter

Family section will be in S18, 19 & 20. Not Lower Lansdown. Some - quite understandably- unhappy about that and being booted out from their seats next season.

The Atyeo would've been a wiser choice methinks.

Interesting that the rugby are moving family season tickets to the south stand, whereas City are looking to move kids from the south stand to the Lansdown stand.

Rugby Q&A:

“I am a Season Ticket holder in S18, S19 or S20 with an Under-12 or Under-19 Season Ticket. How am I affected?

S18, S19 and S20 will now be the location for the Family Area at Ashton Gate. If you have a Season Ticket in that block and have an Under-19 or Under-12 Season Ticket holder in your group you can remain in the Family Area.

Due to a large number of Family Area Season Ticket holders moving to this area there are no seat reservations in this section. All supporters currently in blocks W7, W8, W9, S18, S19, S20, will all have an exclusive window to purchase a Season Ticket from midday on Thursday, April 11th four days ahead of Season Tickets going on sale. All affected supporters will be sent details via email on how to purchase their Season Ticket.

I am an Adult Season Ticket holder in S18, S19 or S20 without an Under-12 or Under-19 Season Ticket. How am I affected?
We are asking Season Ticket holders without an Under-12 or Under-19 group member within blocks S18, S19 and S20 of the South Stand to move to another block due to the relocation of the Family Area. All affected supporters will have an exclusive window to purchase a Season Ticket from midday on Thursday, April 11th four days ahead of Season Tickets going on sale. All affected supporters will be sent details via email on how to purchase their Season Ticket.

As part of the relocation of the Family Area we have introduced new entry level pricing in blocks E28 and E34 of the Dolman Stand. With prices starting from £290 for Adults. There is availability in other areas of the South Stand, for supporters who wish to stay in this stand, all at the same price of £290. “

Given that it’s the Easter holidays and there’ll be families etc away on holiday, giving people two days notice you’re into an exclusive window to find another seat or coordinate with people you sit next to? 

Fairly shit treatment from the club. The notice is awful anyway but when there are likely to be people away? Not a strong look.

I’ve tweeted the club but guess what, nothing. What’s mental is that this is the 3rd iteration of a “family stand” in about 7 years! Started off in Dolman wings next to SS then Upper Lansdown and now the South Stand. It’s a bloody shambles. 

• Admin
14 hours ago, freezer said:

Family section will be in S18, 19 & 20. Not Lower Lansdown. Some - quite understandably- unhappy about that and being booted out from their seats next season.

The Atyeo would've been a wiser choice methinks.

I wouldn't imagine there is anywhere enough space for the events laid on for the kids etc

Also how often is the Atyeo needed at the moment?

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I’ve tweeted the club but guess what, nothing. What’s mental is that this is the 3rd iteration of a “family stand” in about 7 years! Started off in Dolman wings next to SS then Upper Lansdown and now the South Stand. It’s a bloody shambles. 

Not defending them per se, but I wouldn't expect them to really reply on "X", better to email the club with any questions

• Like 1

15 hours ago, t_b said:

Given that it’s the Easter holidays and there’ll be families etc away on holiday, giving people two days notice you’re into an exclusive window to find another seat or coordinate with people you sit next to? 

Fairly shit treatment from the club. The notice is awful anyway but when there are likely to be people away? Not a strong look.

Also there isn't a rugby match where fans can talk to the fans seated near them to arrange to try to sit together next season in time.

• Like 1

As is usual for the shambles that is Bristol Sport the season tickets for the family areas were on sale from at least 1145 (I know, as i logged on easily that early) today and so I’d imagine a lot of the “prime” seats got snapped up before most people had even logged on at midday. 

Not only is the decision shite but it’s not even a level playing field when it comes to buying tickets! 

But Jon won’t care. 

• Admin
14 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

As is usual for the shambles that is Bristol Sport the season tickets for the family areas were on sale from at least 1145 (I know, as i logged on easily that early) today and so I’d imagine a lot of the “prime” seats got snapped up before most people had even logged on at midday. 

Not only is the decision shite but it’s not even a level playing field when it comes to buying tickets! 

But Jon won’t care. 

How does the rugby have anything to do with Jon?

Agree it was terrible there was no pre-announcement or fan consultation - couldn't believe this when I heard about it a few weeks ago

16 hours ago, Paul G said:

We're 4th as it stands. Newcastle are poor but we are playing some sublime rugby

That was an absolute dream to watch. 3 tries in the first 9 minutes set the tone for the rest of the game, on that sort of form (yes, I know it was only Newcastle) you'd fancy us to beat anyone. Great afternoon in a sunny BS3. 

Remaining league games: 

Tigers (a) 27/04

The Cheats Sarries (h) 11/05

Quins (a) 18/05