IGNORED

Tonight's games

Super

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just the three goals away at the Bernabau then.

That’s why we love football.  Even tho Real have come back to make it 3-3.

Perhaps Manning, with a decent striker, will get us scoring three a game.  Perhaps

2 minutes ago, HunstantonRed said:

Leeds reliant on Summerville.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Can’t leave them that way.

Now he's at Leeds he can't be called a smalltown boy.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Var surely looking at that

Not a pen Saka looked for it.

Why did he do that? Try to score rather than try to cheat a penalty. The mentality of today's footballers is wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Pen all day long. Neuer literally moves his leg towards Saka, with no intention or possibility of playing the ball, and fouls him.

VAR once again proving how pointless it is. 

He kicks the leg of Neuer. Not a pen for me.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Pen all day long. Neuer literally moves his leg towards Saka, with no intention or possibility of playing the ball, and fouls him.

Looked at it a few times. Saka literally extends his right leg unnaturally with no purpose other than to make the contact. Not for me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think it's not clear cut.

Initial thought was blatant pen.

On 2nd viewing, Saka moves his leg for contact.

On 3rd viewing, both players have moved their legs, Neuer's defense would be that his is towards the ball, although it's a very clumsy challenge.

I think Bayern have got away with one because it was clumsy, but I can understand the point of view for no pen.

I'm saying this as someone who was brought up with an Arsenal supporting Dad and taken to Highbury (once) during the Invincibles season, and a relative who has just signed into their academy.

I'd have liked it to be a pen and I'd narrowly say it probably should have been.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Definitely not a penalty and that's all we're going to hear over next few days.

Bayern Munich played well I thought. Still got world class players which our media forgot about.

Not a clear and obvious error I guess?

The fact there is a debate says not .

Which is what VAR should be used for really .

Edited by Markthehorn
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

I think it's not clear cut.

Initial thought was blatant pen.

On 2nd viewing, Saka moves his leg for contact.

On 3rd viewing, both players have moved their legs, Neuer's defense would be that his is towards the ball, although it's a very clumsy challenge.

I think Bayern have got away with one because it was clumsy, but I can understand the point of view for no pen.

I'm saying this as someone who was brought up with an Arsenal supporting Dad and taken to Highbury (once) during the Invincibles season, and a relative who has just signed into their academy.

I'd have liked it to be a pen and I'd narrowly say it probably should have been.

Actually, seeing another angle, I can see the argument for. The second one here, watch Saka’s right leg. Looking for it. Equally first angle, goalie also steps in to him. Pretty sure he could have stayed on his feet and just put it in.

https://streamin.me/v/89915d02

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Arsenal Bayern has been one of the most breathless opening 35 mins of footy I can remember. Absolutely brilliant. 

You've clearly forgotten Birmingham v Bristol City in December 🤷‍♂️

Edited by mozo
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Ref bottled it…..or he used common sense 

IMG_4581.png

I think common sense for me. Although it could well be given, I don't really see how that affects Bayern enough to cry about. It was just a little miscommunication that had no consequence to the gameplay itself

Ref was excellent in his general demeanor and control of the game.

That Saka penalty shout is a real tricky one, and yet again just shows how hard it is to referee a game. I think you can make a pretty decent case for both shouts in reality, but for me it's not quite a pen. Saka clearly looks for it and although Neuer is a bit daft with his challenge, Saka deliberately leaves a trailing leg way too far out.

As 50:50 as it is, I think it's a superb decision from the ref. The easy way out would've been to give it.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1