IGNORED

Emphraim Yeboah

old_eastender

27 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Well I’m yet to see anything of a consistent nature that would convince me he’s a championship quality player in our current set up

I don't disagree. I get why we tried to do it, but he has not developed at anywhere near the rate he needed to. 

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

Yeah but won't be able to grasp it. If you think a 19 year old is signed on current form you are beyond help

Oh I dont know.

I think I can grasp the fact you havent got the faintest idea either .

Guessing its a punt based on old info when he played age group football.

At least its just a loan so hope he gets game time to show either way.

1 minute ago, Natchfever said:

Oh I dont know.

I think I can grasp the fact you havent got the faintest idea either .

Guessing its a punt based on old info when he played age group football.

At least its just a loan so hope he gets game time to show either way.

Every transfer is a punt. Was Alex Scott signed for his current form?

1 minute ago, lenred said:

So why is someone ‘beyond help’ if they think a player who has signed for 3 months should be in form for the period for which we have actually paid for his services? 

But he didn't say that. 

What a surprise a 7 page thread turned in to an excuse to beat the club with

Yeboah will have a big future with us, but looked way off the mark when he came on, as others have pointed out it was down to injuries and or maybe Nige making a point about squad size. The loan can only be a positive for him and show he can play and score against a mens side.

With regards to Medube, it would be silly to judge on what we have seen so far, but makes a good bit of business, to take a player LM has inside knowledge of, young very highly rated, so if it works out we could have a bargain, if it does not we wasted a bit of wages and he goes back.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

exactly

well he's not starting games is he? They are slowly bringing him on

Well as far as I’m concerned I don’t think anyone can pass judgement on him yet, but at the same time I don’t see LM giving him many if any starts in our current state and with so many questioning whether LM is the right man for the job.

He may get the odd sub appearance but he obviously wasn’t seen as being the right option on Saturday against Sheffield Wednesday.

I just wonder how he’s really going to be able to show he’s upto this level of football in this set of circumstances.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Well as far as I’m concerned I don’t think anyone can pass judgement on him yet, but at the same time I don’t see LM giving him many if any starts in our current state and with so many questioning whether LM is the right man for the job.

He may get the odd sub appearance but he obviously wasn’t seen as being the right option on Saturday against Sheffield Wednesday.

I just wonder how he’s really going to be able to show he’s upto this level of football in this set of circumstances.

its horses for courses I'm sure we will see more of him over the coming months

7 minutes ago, Natchfever said:
20 minutes ago, Big C said:

Yeah but won't be able to grasp it. If you think a 19 year old is signed on current form you are beyond help

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

But he didn't say that. 

Let me refresh your memory……

Anyway I see you are now equating signing Dire as a first team squad member for 3 months with us signing Alex Scott as a 16 year old for the youth team, so I’ll leave it there. 

• Like 1

Just now, lenred said:

Let me refresh your memory……

Anyway I see you are now equating signing Dire as a first team squad member for 3 months with us signing Alex Scott as a 16 year old for the youth team, so I’ll leave it there. 

I don't need refreshing.  He wasn't signed for us based on his current form. Ok How about Tammy Abraham then? 

6 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Before he joined City hed played in Chelseas 1st team and England U21s.

Tammys 1st cap for the U21’s was the month after he signed on loan.

He’d also only played about 40/50mins for Chelsea’s 1st team at the back end of the previous season before his season with us. 

Edited by Betty Swallocks

11 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Tammys 1st cap for the U21’s was the month after he signed on loan.

He’d also only played about 40/50mins for Chelsea’s 1st team at the back end of the previous season before his season with us. 

Ok you reckon that cap was purely on club form or natural progression for a top club starlet? Genuine question although I dont see them as comparable.

I doubt Tammy would have only played a couple of games for a middling Jupiler side by January tbh.

54 minutes ago, Big C said:

Well, he was signed to make an impact this season. He was not signed on loan to have a trial was he? He needs time, and did nothing in Belgium, so he will need to get up to speed but Manning scouted him extensively last year when he played U21 football, so he was signed to do something this year, and I hope we see why one day. He has 12 more games to do so, some sub appearances will be the start, as with other junior players. But he needs to show something for the fee suggested. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I was at Twerton tonight reporting on the game. Yeboah took his goal well. He played OK and looked physically strong enough to handle it.

The lad is 17. I think it is a great loan for him personally.

Tins was there and even Macca from Rovers made an appearance....

• Like 5

I’d said in another thread that now the season was effectively over, I wouldn’t mind having Yeboah back in the squad.

Have him come on for the last 20 or so, and create a bit of unpredictable physical chaos against teams that sit back and nullify our predictable play. Break their concentration, comfort and structure by being a raw, fast, physical nightmare.

My hope was regular 20 minute slots of unpredictable chaos would evolve into more regular moments of class as his experience and confidence grew at this level.

Oh well. I don’t think it’s a terrible idea to loan him out if he’s not going to play, but surely if seasoned pros are being overloaded with information, it would make sense to get the edge case younger pros more accustomed to it by having them around.

25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I was at Twerton tonight reporting on the game. Yeboah took his goal well. He played OK and looked physically strong enough to handle it.

The lad is 17. I think it is a great loan for him personally.

Tins was there and even Macca from Rovers made an appearance....

Was going to say, let's maybe hear the opinions of those of us that were actually there. 

Thought he faded second half, tho the whole Bath team did tbf. He got a good reception when he got subbed. 

Definitely something there but clearly not ready for Cship football yet imo. He didn't stand out as exceptional BUT given his age, plenty to be hopeful about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Some folks say that Manning was employed because he’s a Yes man. 
And now they’re also saying that he’s single handedly ripping up the pathway. 
mmmm….?? 

You do know, don’t you, that Tinnion is in charge of all footballing matters. Manning didn’t phone up Bath City and say “hey, there’s this talented prospect who the previous bloke was playing for about 10 minutes a game but I don’t want him - EVER. Please take him away from me”. 

The decision to loan out Yeboah will have been one that was fully (and I mean FULLY) agreed and arranged by Tinnion. And the reason will be because Tinnion thinks it is the very best thing for his development right now. 
I’ve spoken to Tinnion about Yeboah - he absolutely bloody loves him. I don’t think he’d sit back and allow Manning to “ruin his mental state” as someone has suggested. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Was going to say, let's maybe hear the opinions of those of us that were actually there. 

Thought he faded second half, tho the whole Bath team did tbf. He got a good reception when he got subbed. 

Definitely something there but clearly not ready for Cship football yet imo. He didn't stand out as exceptional BUT given his age, plenty to be hopeful about. 

Spot on

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

mmmm….?? 

You do know, don’t you, that Tinnion is in charge of all footballing matters. Manning didn’t phone up Bath City and say “hey, there’s this talented prospect who the previous bloke was playing for about 10 minutes a game but I don’t want him - EVER. Please take him away from me”. 

The decision to loan out Yeboah will have been one that was fully (and I mean FULLY) agreed and arrange by Tinnion. And the reason will be because Tinnion thinks it is the very best thing for his development right now. 
I’ve spoken to Tinnion about Yeboah - he absolutely bloody loves him. I don’t think he’d sit back and allow Manning to “ruin his mental state” as someone has suggested. 

Tins will let certain players leave permanently and will get things wrong like we all do. He absolutely creamed over Vince Harper about 4 years back when on loan at Gloucester City. I remember chatting to him about it. 

Vince got released, ended up at Chippenham, then Eastleigh? And thankfully for him he's now at Exeter. Good for him. Must be so hard for these lads not knowing about their future but that's the industry isn't it.

39 minutes ago, Harry said:

mmmm….?? 

The decision to loan out Yeboah will have been one that was fully (and I mean FULLY) agreed and arranged by Tinnion. And the reason will be because Tinnion thinks it is the very best thing for his development right now. 

I've read some right waffle on here from you before (mainly when you can't accept you're wrong) but to suggest that Tinnion is in charge of ALL footballing matters which obviously includes team selections and who trains with the first team is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. 

What was clear is that Manning came in here and did not fancy the lad at this point. He'd rather we spent money on another young lad who's inexperienced. 

Stop with the false narrative. Bot one person has suggested that the HEAD COACH is responsible for dealing with other clubs etc. I think youve been playing too much football manager.

The reason Tinnion has arranged the loan is not because he thinks it's best for his development, but because Manning doesn't want to select him. Tinnion would much rather he was in and around the first team, that's a given. 

Tinnion can't force Manning to select players! 

Very strange that as soon as anyone criticises LM you jump to his defence. You're acting like youre LMs spokesman. 

Maybe you're after some brownie points from them but suggesting Tinnion picks the team worse than your insistence that we are now well coached. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've read some right waffle on here from you before (mainly when you can't accept you're wrong) but to suggest that Tinnion is in charge of ALL footballing matters which obviously includes team selections and who trains with the first team is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. 

What was clear is that Manning came in here and did not fancy the lad at this point. He'd rather we spent money on another young lad who's inexperienced. 

Stop with the false narrative. Bot one person has suggested that the HEAD COACH is responsible for dealing with other clubs etc. The reason Tinnion has arranged the loan is not because he thinks it's best for his development, but because Manning doesn't want to select him. Tinnion would much rather he was in and around the first team. 

Tinnion can't force Manning to select players! 

Very strange that as soon as anyone criticises LM you jump to his defence. You're acting like your LMs spokesman. 

Maybe you're after some brownie points from them but suggesting Tinnion picks the team worse than your insistence that we are now well coached. 

So, can you confirm. I’m not on ignore any more? 

• Haha 3