IGNORED

Exodus

So….why the MASS exodus of fans (a) when Huddersfield scored (b) on 85 mins?? I hate it when fans leave early at the best of times but that was embarrassing today. We have been on a good run of late and I know things are petering out to another season of mid-tableness but hey…fair enough if we’re losing 3-0 or similar! I’d like to know how many City fans saw Nahki’s penalty scored as we fought regardless of performance to get on level terms. 

Edited by pikeysrobins
  • Like 11
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 5

Just now, pikeysrobins said:

So….why the MASS exodus of fans (a) when Huddersfield scored (b) on 85 mins?? I hate it when fans leave early at the best of times but that was embarrassing today. We have been on a good run of late and I know things are petering out to another season of mid-tableness but hey…fair enough if we’re losing 3-0 or similar! 

It happens almost everywhere, everytime, in that situation now. It's not the 1970s anymore. That sort of loyal support is pretty much extinct, don't fret about it, we're not the ficklest, we're pretty much just like everyone else around the country 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

So….why the MASS exodus of fans (a) when Huddersfield scored (b) on 85 mins?? I hate it when fans leave early at the best of times but that was embarrassing today. We have been on a good run of late and I know things are petering out to another season of mid-tableness but hey…fair enough if we’re losing 3-0 or similar! I’d like to know how many City fans saw Nahki’s penalty scored as we fought regardless of performance to get on level terms. 

Interesting post. 

I've scanned the T&Cs for my season ticket and there is no "you shall stay until the very bitterest of ends...ie...until the ref bloweth their whistle". 

People have a free choice to come and go as they please. It's called free will. 

Other people have a differing worldview...c'est la vie!

For the record I always stay until the end...

Edited by MelksRed
  • Like 1

I usually stay to the end but the game was so horrible I"d have probably left had it not been drizzling. 

I waited for the rain to pass whereas my matchday companions caught the rain but missed the goal. You gotta larf! 🤣

• Facepalm 1

Honestly, thought we (home fans) were disappointing today. 3 wins and unbeaten in last 4, booing off at HT? At 0-0? James was disappointing today, as were many, but the pelters he was getting around me were embarrassing. Think some people need the summer. 

• Like 3

At the time of the Huddersfield goal we’d had one shot on target that I recall - a tame edge of box effort from James. We had more ball second half yes but the chance creation remained pretty limited and there wasn’t a great sense we could get back in the game.

Add in that it was a nothing game for us and the result really didn’t matter either way (performance did - and that was below par - but that’s another thread), and there wasn’t a compelling reason for people to want to stay.

I missed seeing the penalty but left in added time. I don’t overly regret that decision tbh and wouldn’t knock people for leaving earlier than that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

I remember the game against Mansfield when we were 4 - 2 down with 8 minutes to go and a lot left then! 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

Because it was ******* shit? 

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

People leave when they like for whatever reason they like. Hasn’t got anything to do with you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do secretly take amusement from the idea of people leaving early and missing key moments in games.

Ive seen enough games to know something could always happen, so I always stay. It’s usually 2-3 hours home for me from any game I go to so the 5 minutes isn’t going to save me much anyway.

That said, it was a dead rubber for us. Not like the point means much, can understand why people wouldn’t care.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

• Admin
25 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

Perhaps watch a few more games and you will see it's a normal reaction from every fanbase around the world 

Because in the Dolman, the design of exits is poor. Leave 1 minute before the final whistle and walk straight out or wait to the final whistle and stand waiting for 20 minutes queuing down the stairs to leave when the rest of the ground is already empty. No thanks. Plus, in addition, todays performance was horrible which didnt help.

I'll hand my super fan medal back next time i'm there. Sorry.

Edited by Loco Rojo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

29 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

Because we were shit. That was league 1 football today sideways backwards hoof up field. Manning out

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

I didn’t notice any exodus to be honest. 

• Haha 1

I’m a season ticket holder and see most home games. To you all I understand that you have your reasons for leaving but loads more than usual today. It was s**t for sure at times but was just disappointing to see sooo many today. 

3 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

I’m a season ticket holder and see most home games. To you all I understand that you have your reasons for leaving but loads more than usual today. It was s**t for sure at times but was just disappointing to see sooo many today. 

I think half the South Stand went home before 3 O’clock 

• Haha 6

37 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

I have supported City since 1950 and to the best of my memory, I have only left early in all of that time. It was against Sunderland about forty years ago, losing 0-6 in a League Cup game. I'd been working that day from 9 am on the West Country and lived in Shrewsbury, so I left five minutes early to get going before most of the traffic.

As I've said elsewhere that performance today was abysmal. I don't blame the players but Manning's totally negative tactics are awful. I'm pleased we drew but I couldn't face any more and am coming to the conclusion that if he stays here, it won't get any better.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

I needed a pee

I left on 93 mins because I was bored out of my mind, didn't think we'd score in a month of Sundays (we wouldn't bar a bad penalty decision), didn't want to watch Huddersfields time wasting any longer, and I don't regret a thing. If it was a game of any significance/level of entertainment I would have stuck it out. 

• Like 3

Stayed to the bitter end as I always do but my god it was poor today and I wouldn’t blame anyone who lost patience and left early. It was akin to the game against Swansea, especially as we again didn’t register a single shot on goal until about 60 minutes, and then it was the tamest of efforts. Yes we were missing Dickie and Vyner but the  set up was wrong, with players playing out of position, and quite a few just being really poor. In today’s performance Burnley should be paying us to take Twine off their hands, but he wasn’t the only one to have a shocker. And please can we stop playing Jason Knight anywhere other than his best position in the centre of midfield. He’s become the Weimann of this team, far too good to be dropped but played out of position to accommodate other less good players.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1