IGNORED

Exodus

I always stay till the end. 
I’ve paid all that money to the Lansdowns so I want my time - even if it’s crap football. 
Thankfully that allowed me to see the penalty.

A group of people were chanting ‘Manning says stay until the end’ at some of those who had clearly left early. It gave me a smile - in an afternoon with not much to smile about!!!

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Correct

21 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Always been a problem at Ashton Gate

Ultimately its probably because we have a higher percentage of fans compared to other clubs where the result isn't the be all and end all.  Having a day out on the booze with mates or a nice family outing to 85 mins of football before the kids get bored. 

Gonna say does this happen to such an extent at other Championship grounds...say at Home Park v City the other week (team on a dismal home run, not scoring and discontent with manager)

The exodus on 40 mins most games here and then in huge numbers today before the end, is that common place elsewhere when struggling or maybe just what modern  day people do now ?

I saw the goal this time but would have definitely left before the end another day though probably if we were 3-0 down not 1-0 ..

2 hours ago, pikeysrobins said:

So….why the MASS exodus of fans (a) when Huddersfield scored (b) on 85 mins?? I hate it when fans leave early at the best of times but that was embarrassing today. We have been on a good run of late and I know things are petering out to another season of mid-tableness but hey…fair enough if we’re losing 3-0 or similar! I’d like to know how many City fans saw Nahki’s penalty scored as we fought regardless of performance to get on level terms. 

Probably because we were shite until they scored.

• Like 2

Just now, xerox6060 said:

Gonna say does this happen to such an extent at other Championship grounds...say at Home Park v City the other week (team on a dismal home run, not scoring and discontent with manager)

The exodus on 40 mins most games here and then in huge numbers today before the end, is that common place elsewhere when struggling or maybe just what modern  day people do now ?

I saw the goal this time but would have definitely left before the end another day though probably if we were 3-0 down not 1-0 ..

I'd also be interested to know this one..think quite a lot are still dismayed to varying degrees about the changes and reasons for in the Autumn and therefore patience is therefore less, more stretched than it might otherwise be.

I said for years I don't like it, I have mates who leave early and I've seen mates leave at half time when the team were giving more entertainment than today .  But they have the right to leave when they want . I usually stay until the final whistle, today I left with 30 seconds to go, but typical woman , she was late and that 30 seconds ran into 5 minutes :rofl2br:*

This is a joke , you can tell as I laughed 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

And please can we stop playing Jason Knight anywhere other than his best position in the centre of midfield. He’s become the Weimann of this team, far too good to be dropped but played out of position to accommodate other less good players.

This is a brilliant analogy/description of him at the moment imo, and exactly my thoughts.

• Like 2

Left on 85 today and 80 on Wednesday. I'm feeling a lot of apathy towards the club at the moment for some reason! I've almost completely lost interest but will still turn up because I love my club.

Probably a culmination of things i.e. end of season and nothing to play for, the shoddy way the club is being run, the absolute dross being served up most of the time etc etc.

I'm really sorry I don't meet your expectations of a genuine supporting football fan of 40 years, maybe I could apologise to you in person for my misdemeanours?

Instead of spouting the normal 'holier than thou' sentiments, why didn't you stop people and ask them why they were leaving early, you know, have an actual human conversation rather than venting, believe me you would've got a lot more from it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, McNasty Filth said:

Left on 85 today and 80 on Wednesday. I'm feeling a lot of apathy towards the club at the moment for some reason! I've almost completely lost interest but will still turn up because I love my club.

Probably a culmination of things i.e. end of season and nothing to play for, the shoddy way the club is being run, the absolute dross being served up most of the time etc etc.

I'm really sorry I don't meet your expectations of a genuine supporting football fan of 40 years, maybe I could apologise to you in person for my misdemeanours?

Instead of spouting the normal 'holier than thou' sentiments, why didn't you stop people and ask them why they were leaving early, you know, have an actual human conversation rather than venting, believe me you would've got a lot more from it.

Absolutely 100% agree

Except I left a lot earlier! :laugh:

4 hours ago, pikeysrobins said:

So….why the MASS exodus of fans (a) when Huddersfield scored (b) on 85 mins?? I hate it when fans leave early at the best of times but that was embarrassing today. 

I was absolutely gutted when i beat the traffic home and found out that we scored a last minute equaliser in a meaningless draw. Especially considering how badly we played too.  I’m so embarrassed. 

6 hours ago, pikeysrobins said:

So….why the MASS exodus of fans (a) when Huddersfield scored (b) on 85 mins?? I hate it when fans leave early at the best of times but that was embarrassing today. We have been on a good run of late and I know things are petering out to another season of mid-tableness but hey…fair enough if we’re losing 3-0 or similar! I’d like to know how many City fans saw Nahki’s penalty scored as we fought regardless of performance to get on level terms. 

Have a day off.

People leaving early has always happened. It was at its worst before the Dolman was redeveloped when exits were in opposite ends and became a bottleneck. Fans would start heading down to ‘avoid the rush’ often several mins before full time.

The chap who sits next me in the Lansdown heads off a few mins early and down to the concourse where he watches the rest of the match on the TVs for exactly the same reason.

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

People leaving early has always happened. It was at its worst before the Dolman was redeveloped when exits were in opposite ends and became a bottleneck. Fans would start heading down to ‘avoid the rush’ often several mins before full time.

The chap who sits next me in the Lansdown heads off a few mins early and down to the concourse where he watches the rest of the match on the TVs for exactly the same reason.

I sometimes leave five minutes before kick off to avoid the end of match crowds. 

• Haha 1

On 13/04/2024 at 18:50, Sixtyseconds said:

Alright.

Movement of Jah peepaw .. 

On 13/04/2024 at 22:31, Genghis Khan's pants said:

......movement of Jah people..

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Just the movement of Jah people. 

I really hope someone makes the Bob Marley gag soon, it’s the major thing missing from this thread.

47 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

@pikeysrobins

"At the final whistle the Emirates Stadium was already half empty ....."  so begins the guardian's reflection on Arsenal losing yesterday.

It looked way less than that even at the end.  I get it why our fanbase do it - I don't, but we have been meh for years now and I'm surprised we still get the levels of support we currently do atm so people can do what the heck they want Imo - but for Arsenal fans to do it after the run they have had surprised me a lot and if I was a player Id be seriously cheesed off (then Id go and look at my wage slip and everything would be ok again!).  

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I really hope someone makes the Bob Marley gag soon, it’s the major thing missing from this thread.

I think you might be waiting in vain :facepalm:

• Haha 4