IGNORED

Exodus

59 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

So….why the MASS exodus of fans (a) when Huddersfield scored (b) on 85 mins?? I hate it when fans leave early at the best of times but that was embarrassing today. We have been on a good run of late and I know things are petering out to another season of mid-tableness but hey…fair enough if we’re losing 3-0 or similar! I’d like to know how many City fans saw Nahki’s penalty scored as we fought regardless of performance to get on level terms. 

Because we are a ground now full of day trippers plus the game was crap hardly surprising.

Edited by Street red

3 minutes ago, Pip King said:

Much easier to get on the bus if you leave early tbh 

Well I got on the bus quite easily even after staying to the end . Likewise there were quite a few on the bus who didn't see the goal.

Edited by E.G.Red
  • Haha 1

My behaviours were good. I had half an hour on the grass before the game, (not that I can find much grass here in Greece), but I was bored shirtless. Another game I've watched and rather be cooking the dinner. If you tolerate this then blah blah blah. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

So….why the MASS exodus of fans (a) when Huddersfield scored (b) on 85 mins?? I hate it when fans leave early at the best of times but that was embarrassing today. We have been on a good run of late and I know things are petering out to another season of mid-tableness but hey…fair enough if we’re losing 3-0 or similar! I’d like to know how many City fans saw Nahki’s penalty scored as we fought regardless of performance to get on level terms. 

I didn’t see it. I’ll catch it later on the highlights show. I don’t give a **** that people will criticise me for leaving early, I’ve got half a decade in and know when we’re not going to win. Shit game, shit performance, shit manager, led by a shit hierarchy. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

Just now, glynriley said:

I didn’t see it. I’ll catch it later on the highlights show. I don’t give a **** that people will criticise me for leaving early, I’ve got half a decade in and know when we’re not going to win. Shit game, shit performance, shit manager, led by a shit hierarchy. 

But…other than that you’re relatively happy, right?

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1

53 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Honestly, thought we (home fans) were disappointing today. 3 wins and unbeaten in last 4, booing off at HT? At 0-0? James was disappointing today, as were many, but the pelters he was getting around me were embarrassing. Think some people need the summer. 

Totally agree- wasn’t the best watch but we have a mini run going so didn’t get the booing at all.

• Like 2

Just now, 1team said:

My behaviours were good. I had half an hour on the grass before the game, (not that I can find much grass here in Greece), but I was bored shirtless. Another game I've watched and rather be cooking the dinner. If you tolerate this then blah blah blah. 

Luckily I was watching overseas too!

The first thing I thought was that was as much of an Inodus than an exodus.

It was garbage. I used three or maybe even four utters in an earlier post but to not get into a conversation of levels of awful I’ll reduce it to a mere utter rubbish. I can’t remember a shot until the Peno!

I take your point completely about tolerance of dross. But that seems to be where some are. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JakeOTIB said:

I get it if people have places to be, trains to catch, buses, etc… but other than that, I think it’s pretty pathetic. 

It’s really not.

To give a parallel, let’s say you were a big fan of Star Wars and loved the original films. They were entertaining, fun and guaranteed you a good time.

Now, The Phantom Menace comes out and George Lucas (in this case akin to Brian Tinnion) promises you a front foot film full of entertainment. 

You then watch it and it’s an interminable bore about trade routes, with the comedy relief in Jar Jar Binks being painfully unfunny.

Nobody would blame you for walking out of that cinema. Nobody.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, redkev said:

The so called best fans in the world left on mass when Atalanta scored there 3rd Thursday night 

were no different 

To be fair loads of them had to get back to the Home Counties.

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s really not.

To give a parallel, let’s say you were a big fan of Star Wars and loved the original films. They were entertaining, fun and guaranteed you a good time.

Now, The Phantom Menace comes out and George Lucas (in this case akin to Brian Tinnion) promises you a front foot film full of entertainment. 

You then watch it and it’s an interminable bore about trade routes, with the comedy relief in Jar Jar Binks being painfully unfunny.

Nobody would blame you for walking out of that cinema. Nobody.

Well as a Star Wars fan, I do agree with the Jar Jar sentiment 😂 

However I will say a good 2 minutes at the end of a football match can save it whilst a good 2 minutes at the end of a film won’t save it. At the end of the day people can do whatever, I just don’t agree with it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Without making this all about me, I left after 75 because a) I was bored out my brain and b) it was bloody painful to watch!

Part timer! 😂 

The south stand was a sea of empty seats, at least you showed up. 

It was painful! The only thing missing was a Mexican Wave not easy with all those gaps mind you. 

Still me n the dog watched the entire 101 minutes in the living room. 

Yeah, bloody fans leaving early, really pisses me off. Support the team until the end like I did, even if the football isn't great. I watched until the final whistle...

....and then switched off my laptop.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pikeysrobins said:

Speaking personally - it's end of the season and I'd just rather get food sorted for the family as live round the corner from the ground - so I'm in an advantageous position.

If anyone saw us creating jack shite up until the penalty, then fair play to them.

Ultimately consider today, in context of the last few games , as two steps forward (Leicester, Blackburn) one step back back (Today).

Excusing the CB situation, going forward we were poor, perhaps highlighting how a differing approach- ie.e. pressing lanes against us - does a very good job of nullifying us.

Something for Manning to prep for with regards to next season, imo.

Edited by Fuber
  • Like 1

Always been a problem at Ashton Gate

Ultimately its probably because we have a higher percentage of fans compared to other clubs where the result isn't the be all and end all.  Having a day out on the booze with mates or a nice family outing to 85 mins of football before the kids get bored. 

10 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Always been a problem at Ashton Gate

Ultimately its probably because we have a higher percentage of fans compared to other clubs where the result isn't the be all and end all.  Having a day out on the booze with mates or a nice family outing to 85 mins of football before the kids get bored. 

Booze with mates for me but I assure you I want them to win as much as anybody and the result shapes my week ahead

55 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Up the city 👍