IGNORED

The penalty

JakeOTIB

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Never a penalty and common sense should prevail in these circumstances. That could send Huddersfield down. Pretty disgraceful

Maybe next time they won’t feign injury and try to time waste in the added time and they wouldn’t have still been on the pitch to concede the penalty. No sympathy for them and ultimately one penalty over the course of a season won’t be what sends them down 

• Like 18
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, The turtle said:

I find the fact that's a penalty ridiculous.

But that's modern football.

It either takes your breath away, puts you to sleep, or makes you go really? 

Common sense should prevail, to give a penalty in the 98th minute like that to a team in their position is sickening and we would all be fuming if it was us.

Football is regressing as a whole.

• Confused 4
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Common sense should prevail, to give a penalty in the 98th minute like that to a team in their position is sickening and we would all be fuming if it was us.

If the ref thinks it’s a penalty then the minute of the game and the conceding teams circumstances are irrelevant.

We’d certainly be fuming if we were down in a relegation scrap and one of the teams we were battling with got three points because the referee didn’t want to award a penalty against them due to the minute of the match and their precarious position in the league 

• Like 8

• Admin
4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I saw the BBC gave the time as 90+10 , the added time was 5 minutes so as we were so shite 30 minutes before the end of the 5 I felt safe to leave :facepalm:

Don't forget it's a MINIMUM of time added on, not five minutes left to play 

Include their time wasting, the sub and then the delay it's about correct 

3 hours ago, Crackers Corner said:

Some of the comments on the huddersfield forum are disgusting about the ref, I understand feelings are high but wtf.

Says more about those writing the comments, sadly some of our fanbase are wheeling out the stone age comments around social media too 

27 minutes ago, 2015 said:

There is no "common sense" in that kind of decision 

To the letter of the law, is it a penalty? Yes... 

When you see it back I've a feeling you'll think differently 

Huddersfield got exactly what they deserved 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, 2015 said:

I bumped into a good mate yesterday, while I feel sorry for him and I think they would feel a little robbed over the 90. If it's a Pen it's a Pen regardless of time or situation.  
The minute a Pen is denied because one team is in a relegation fight , that's when we might as well give up and go home.

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Don't forget it's a MINIMUM of time added on, not five minutes left to play 

Include their time wasting, the sub and then the delay it's about correct 

Oh I get that, but from what I'd seen in the previous 94:30 I felt fairly safe the game was over. 
Just looked on the BBC;

90'+1'       Delay in match because of an injury Michal Helik (Huddersfield Town).

90'+2'.      Delay over. They are ready to continue. 

+ 1 minute *

90'+5'.      Substitution, Huddersfield Town. Oliver Turton replaces Sorba Thomas.

+ 30 seconds

90'+6'       Delay in match because of an injury Ross McCrorie (Bristol City).

90'+7'       Delay over. They are ready to continue.

+ 1 minute

That would take us to 97:30 without allowing for time wasting the Ref felt deserved adding. The Pen is given as 90 + 9 , so not massively over and then 2 bookings after the Pen is given and all the usual malarky surrounding it makes up the rest. 
I don't often leave early, and whenever I have it is usually the 30 seconds or so is blown before I reach the concourse , lesson learned .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2015 said:

Never a penalty and common sense should prevail in these circumstances. That could send Huddersfield down. Pretty disgraceful

And a rightful penalty not awarded giving Huddersfield 3 points they shouldn’t have would have kept Birmingham in the relegation zone, wrongly.

Would Birmingham fans accept that as common sense?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

90'+1'       Delay in match because of an injury Michal Helik (Huddersfield Town).

Let’s just remember that we had the ball in time and space on halfway and with all our players up ahead of us and in the box when this guy goes down. He was down for more than the minute quoted, probably 90 seconds at least, almost 2 minutes, and by the time he had finished the game was more or less over. The referee, who has had a very good game despite being ridiculed by Huddersfield fans from the start (for reasons I think we all know), gives THEM the ball back which is extremely generous even though they won’t remember or mention it - unless the idea was for them to punt it back to us. Which of course they didn’t do, they played up to their striker and kept it.

People keep talking about them fighting for their lives, if we had anything to play for Huddersfield would be remembered for years as cheats for that gamesmanship, they gamed the ref and then worse fair play at the restart when it was quite clear the ball should be back with us. They’ve got away with it because we were all largely drifting out and couldn’t care less about our season. The fact the ref is still in a position to give a soft penalty when she does is solely down to their own cheating and it caught up with them. Pure karma. But of course they’ve all organised a social media pile on for the referee who they were abusing from the very start.  Pathetic lack of self awareness.

• Like 16
  • Flames 1

Why are people so intent on disproving the penalty?

It's almost like we can't bear to get something out of a game if it could be construed as positive. 

I'll take the point thanks. The defenders left arm was raised...not the arm he was landing on either....professional footballers keep their arms pinned in whilst in the box ..he didn't.....penalty. 1-1 game over.

At the end of the day only one person's opinion matters.....and she said Pen. 

Onwards and upwards to Rotherham who are likely to win in the 101st minute with a pen against us. Swings and roundabouts I'm afraid. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

To be honest I don’t even know what is and isn’t hand ball any more, it’s become ridiculous especially as a player. You just have to ask for everything and hope for the best.

It’s hit his arm and blocked the cross, I guess that’s handball these days.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

It's almost like we can't bear to get something out of a game if it could be construed as positive. 

I'll take the point thanks. The defenders left arm was raised...not the arm he was landing on either....professional footballers keep their arms pinned in whilst in the box ..he didn't.....penalty. 1-1 game over.

Onwards and upwards to Rotherham who are likely to win in the 101st minute with a pen against us. Swings and roundabouts I'm afraid. 

i am reffing this afternoon and wont be using that law because its not one. Its a forum. debate? The law contains natural position. So was the players arms in a  justifiable position for the movements hes making? Yes all day long. No penalty. 

Edited by Three Lions

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I bumped into a good mate yesterday, while I feel sorry for him and I think they would feel a little robbed over the 90. If it's a Pen it's a Pen regardless of time or situation.  
The minute a Pen is denied because one team is in a relegation fight , that's when we might as well give up and go home.

Oh I get that, but from what I'd seen in the previous 94:30 I felt fairly safe the game was over. 
Just looked on the BBC;

+ 1 minute *

90'+5'.      Substitution, Huddersfield Town. Oliver Turton replaces Sorba Thomas.

+ 30 seconds

+ 1 minute

That would take us to 97:30 without allowing for time wasting the Ref felt deserved adding. The Pen is given as 90 + 9 , so not massively over and then 2 bookings after the Pen is given and all the usual malarky surrounding it makes up the rest. 
I don't often leave early, and whenever I have it is usually the 30 seconds or so is blown before I reach the concourse , lesson learned .

Just remember that on bbc -  90+1 to 90+2, could be 90:01 to 90:59, ie 1:58, almost 2 mins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Three Lions said:

i am reffing this afternoon and wont be using that law because its not one. Its a forum. debate? The law contains natural position. So was the players arms in a  justifiable position for the movements hes making? Yes all day long. No penalty. 

I think this law has become ridiculous. Surely it should be enforced when a player deliberately uses his arms to stop a goal or goal attempt in the area. 

• Flames 1

I try to look at these from the point of what would the defender prefer to happen if you could freeze time.

Would they really want to block a speculative cross and give away a pen or let the ball follow its path?

On that basis probably the latter. I am not saying the refs have it wrong but that the guidelines they follow are on the harsh side.

I think both the City and Bournemouth pens were hard calls. Yes things even out over a season or 2 but I would prefer the refs to give pens on what looks like something more deliberate.

Certainly if we compare constant grabbing fouls in the box by defenders as the ball comes over from a corner kick (that are wholly ignored) with having a ball kicked against an arm, the game could do with a re think.

• Like 1

Didn't even hit his hand/arm let alone being in an unnatural position or deliberate, whatever the rule is these days. I'd rather not have got a wrong un in a totally meaningless midtable match tbh.

All those saying it's a clear handball let's come back to see your reaction when a decision like that those against us in a truly important game 

Had some fun on BBC comments , they are as eggy as **** ! One made me think of the old Billy Bunter 50's series (ask yer grandads).........."It was nowhere near his hand, even if it was it wasn't intentional"

Sir I never touched Coker's chocolate cake, even if I did ,it wasn't very nice !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MelksRed said:

I've watched it several times and have come to the decision , Pen . 
We don't usually appeal that hard , ok late in a game chasing an equaliser may cause that.
The guy hardly moans , always a give away . 
His arm is raised , naturally maybe , but his arm blocks the cross and the Ref has a decent view. 
Undeserved , but I'll always take it.

Screenshot2024-04-14at10_28_22.png.e9fea183eb16f6bc4542bd6ca8163425.png

https://fb.watch/rrmTqxKMmN/

1 hour ago, Three Lions said:

i am reffing this afternoon and wont be using that law because its not one. Its a forum. debate? The law contains natural position. So was the players arms in a  justifiable position for the movements hes making? Yes all day long. No 

A bent / raised elbow is not a natural position, Pen

Edited by MelksRed

12 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Didn't even hit his hand/arm let alone being in an unnatural position or deliberate, whatever the rule is these days. I'd rather not have got a wrong un in a totally meaningless midtable match tbh.

All those saying it's a clear handball let's come back to see your reaction when a decision like that those against us in a truly important game 

What did it hit then?

Huddersfield got entirely what they deseved after all the ludicrous play acting and unsporting behaviour in the last 15 minutes. It's interesting that during the attack which led to the ball being up there for the penalty, yet another one of their players went down "with cramp" and once his appeal to stop the game was ignored by the ref, instantly sprang back up and sprinted to the box, cramp now all better. 🙄

I hate the play acting in modern football. It's one of the things rugby fans always ridicule about the game - and they have a point.

Up to now I have had no real feelings about Huddersfield Town. Now, I want them to go down. **** them. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

We don't usually appeal that hard , ok late in a game chasing an equaliser may cause that.
His arm is raised , naturally maybe , but his arm blocks the cross and the Ref has a decent view. 

Think this angle is pretty key.

IMO that lunge there, with the extension of his left arm, has made his body unnaturally bigger.

That is the handball law - so in my view that’s a penalty.

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I can't see where the ball is but that still suggests the ref had a great view of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Just looked on the BBC;

+ 1 minute *

+ 30 seconds

+ 1 minute

Good analysis. I remember their keeper taking about a minute to take a goal kick - maybe that was in normal time though: it had Brum keeper 2017 vibes about it!

Remember though, like my brother, if you'd have stayed in your seat it would have ended 0-1. Thank you for your service.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 2015 said:

Them being dog shit in the other 45 games may also have a say in them going down mind

• Like 7