IGNORED

Wurzels at AG for Rotherham Game

exAtyeoMax

12 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

This may sound a little harsh but I think it’s time we left the Wurzels in the 70s. We need a new anthem, kids of today aren’t going to belt this music out.

I know I will be in the minority here.

• Like 13
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

This may sound a little harsh but I think it’s time we left the Wurzels in the 70s. We need a new anthem, kids of today aren’t going to belt this music out.

Theres room for all of it. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

You have a point. However, to fans of a certain age, they are always an attraction, and some of the younger lads who come with us (my son and his mates) like them. It will all come to a natural close when Pete and Tommy are no longer with us. They just won't be the same without those two.

That said, if the weather is like it is today, I'll not be standing around in a car park for an hour..!!

• Like 6

Took an age for the players to come out for their end of season lap of honour, last season. Thousands gave up waiting and went home. Let's hope its all a bit quicker this season or there could be an embarrassingly low number staying for the Wurzels.

Surely would have been better pre match. Get everyone up for the game.

• Like 16

23 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Agreed 100% and I was around in the ‘70s !!! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Nahhhh can’t be having that. Part of our identity. I’d rather listen to them than anything new. Music has stayed stale for over a decade now. The fact it hasn’t changed since 2010 speaks volumes. Got to listen to rap, live in our grey houses, scroll social media, stay hooked up to just eat and deliveroo and all blend in to a dull blob. It’s nice going to Ashton gate and actually hearing Bristolian accents, so more of it from our music please.  

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Took an age for the players to come out for their end of season lap of honour, last season. Thousands gave up waiting and went home. Let's hope its all a bit quicker this season or there could be an embarrassingly low number staying for the Wurzels.

Surely would have been better pre match. Get everyone up for the game.

They should have them outside , keep the bars open and start about 10 minutes before the end. Give those leaving early something to listen too.

11 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't get why the end of season lap of honour is even a thing. It's cringeworthy seeing it after a season of mid table obscurity.

Agree , they should stay on the pitch and just thank the crowd quickly . Going off for 10/15 minutes then doing a slow walk around is ridiculous . 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Be handy if it said where they were performing so people could find them - On the pitch? Outside? In the concourse?!

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

They should have them outside , keep the bars open and start about 10 minutes before the end. Give those leaving early something to listen too.

Agree , they should stay on the pitch and just thank the crowd quickly . Going off for 10/15 minutes then doing a slow walk around is ridiculous . 

Playing in the fan village...

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/the-wurzels-performing-live-at-family-day/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Oh god, I forgot about the lap of honour. I'll just leave on time as usual. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Curr Avon said:

Sorry, its my bad sense of humour. It was like you were officially saying cheerio. 

oh. No I've just got to get the coach at 17:45 from the bus station. Time was tight on Saturday after all those shenanigans with the penalty, luckily it left a bit late.

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

oh. No I've just got to get the coach at 17:45 from the bus station. Time was tight on Saturday after all those shenanigans with the penalty, luckily it left a bit late.

Luckily most games don't get 11 added minutes and good on you for travelling a long distance to attend AG.

On a separate note, older fans (over the age of 45, I'm 56) may remember an evening FA Cup tie against Northampton in December in the mid 80's that was rescheduled to 7.00pm, so the City staff could attend their Christmas party.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

I agree with you, I find them cringeworthy.

3 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Luckily most games don't get 11 added minutes and good on you for travelling a long distance to attend AG.

On a separate note, older fans (over the age of 45, I'm 56) may remember an evening FA Cup tie against Northampton in December in the mid 80's that was rescheduled to 7.00pm, so the City staff could attend their Christmas party.

Earlier this season there was one game when they applied the new rule re added time and there was quite a lot, they haven't done that so much lately.

29 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Anyone who doesn’t think “Drink up thee cider” is one of the greatest songs written is:

1) not from the West Country 

2) weird.

Listen to yourself.

• Thanks 2