IGNORED

Fratton Park next season

Jerseybean

12 years after being relegated from the Championship, Portsmouth are back in the second tier.

A rookie manager has worked his magic and brought joy to Fratton Park.

Portsmouth are League One Champions.

They are going to be lifted on shoulders, they will be celebrating, none of these Pompey players are leaving this pitch anytime soon.

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Marlon going ‘home’ to captain his boyhood hometown team to promotion. Fairytale. 

Yes pleased for him, especially as they let him ago at the start of his career - must be all the sweeter. Hope he gets another league one winners medal too - unlikely that Derby will catch them. 

Huge congratulations to them, been away a while.

As an indication of how much it has changed since & with Rotherham already relegated, can only think of Plymouth & QPR who will have a smaller capacity.

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Always fear the promoted teams. Sure they’ll be tricky next season. I wonder what level Pack is playing at now, League 1 TOTS but at 33 Knight will be giving him a right run around!

Sheffield Wednesday & Plymouth this year are scrapping to stay up & one of them is very likely to return to league one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eardun said:

Yes pleased for him, especially as they let him ago at the start of his career - must be all the sweeter. Hope he gets another league one winners medal too - unlikely that Derby will catch them. 

I see in fact that they are champions already! Good for him.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Sheffield Wednesday & Plymouth this year are scrapping to stay up & one of them is very likely to return to league one.

And I was at Hillsborough when we got turned over. Home Park was a close run thing too!

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Huge congratulations to them, been away a while.

As an indication of how much it has changed since & with Rotherham already relegated, can only think of Plymouth & QPR who will have a smaller capacity.

Small away allocation I guess then - shame. 

• Admin
38 minutes ago, Ecko said:

Proper club and proper football ground. Looking forward to it. Good to see Pack doing well.

Fought hard to basically start from scratch after being completely financially mismanaged 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Always fear the promoted teams. Sure they’ll be tricky next season. I wonder what level Pack is playing at now, League 1 TOTS but at 33 Knight will be giving him a right run around!

Everyone thought Argyle would be a tough nut this year (then again look at ipswich)

7 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Everyone thought Argyle would be a tough nut this year (then again look at ipswich)

I thought they would go down and have been surprised at how well they’ve done. They were really unlucky to lose Schumacher and their two top loanees. 
If they stay up they will more then deserve it through sheer drive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

Fair play to them, will need an upgrade on all three next season though

Not sure what's happened with Towler, played 20 times last season after signing in January but has only made 5 appearances in the League this season.

Would imagine he's off on loan or sold in the summer.

11 hours ago, petehinton said:

Marlon going ‘home’ to captain his boyhood hometown team to promotion. Fairytale. 

Read an article the other day I think where MP said he had extra comp tickets written into his contract, as he had so many friends and relatives wanting them! 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Used to enjoy going there, great old school ground. 
Just looked and it was over 20 years ago my last visit 😳

Screenshot2024-04-17at09_33_47.png.2d95e494b156599ac93b53a001421df0.png

I think I last went when Osman was playing for us, maybe player manager. I sort of remember them giving him a lot of stick when warming up as sub.

3 hours ago, One Team said:

Great to have Pompey back in the Championship with us, proper football clubs and fans. 

Great to see some of the Cotts lads getting promoted again!

Cotts himself got sent down to the National League last night as Forest Green can't cover the difference now.