IGNORED

Fratton Park next season

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, steveybadger said:

Read an article the other day I think where MP said he had extra comp tickets written into his contract, as he had so many friends and relatives wanting them! 

He did, also signed for less money, and when injured earlier in season sat with fans Fratton end, named his son Milan, after previous chairman.not many players around nowadays like that unfortunately 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I think I last went when Osman was playing for us, maybe player manager. I sort of remember them giving him a lot of stick when warming up as sub.

That means one of these two. Osman was Manager from Jan 93 to November 94 apparently.

Screenshot2024-04-17at12_29_36.png.bed5c34aa61237b6e02c725cc3c1c85b.png

Pretty sure I was at the 3-2 win. 
The book says Shelton , Bryant & Gavin got our goals. 

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

That means one of these two. Osman was Manager from Jan 93 to November 94 apparently.

Screenshot2024-04-17at12_29_36.png.bed5c34aa61237b6e02c725cc3c1c85b.png

Pretty sure I was at the 3-2 win. 
The book says Shelton , Bryant & Gavin got our goals. 

That 3-3 in 1992 was an interesting game - both on and off the pitch!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

17 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Always fear the promoted teams. Sure they’ll be tricky next season. I wonder what level Pack is playing at now, League 1 TOTS but at 33 Knight will be giving him a right run around!

Message to self - do not underestimate the promoted teams.

Lesson 1 - Sunderland 22/23

Lesson 2 - Ipswich Town 23/24

9 hours ago, Claverham_Red said:

Not sure what's happened with Towler, played 20 times last season after signing in January but has only made 5 appearances in the League this season.

Would imagine he's off on loan or sold in the summer.

Seems from this article that he hasn’t been able to dislodge other defenders in the team who have been playing well

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/so-so-unlucky-the-story-of-portsmouth-favourite-s-barren-season-after-bristol-city-s-arrival-s-exciting-fratton-emergence/ar-BB1jbdp3

1 hour ago, fisherrich said:

I’m on that video (:laugh:). Got a 12 month banning order.
But Pompey were in our stand. End of!! Good days back then watching City.

Lucky it was '92, would of got jail time in today's climate !!!

On 17/04/2024 at 09:29, fisherrich said:

Great football club Pompey. Close knit, tight fan base. Bit like how City used to be. Well done Portsmouth 👏 .

Was friendly with a few Pompey lads years ago ( lost touch now ) a few of them use to come up to Bristol and have a few beers with other city lads , proper down to earth blokes , proper old school tough city with the added bonus of a nice front in southsea , 

if I’m correct they got no real town centre bit like Stoke ( mind you Stoke got xxxx xxx) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fisherrich said:

I’m on that video (:laugh:). Got a 12 month banning order.
But Pompey were in our stand. End of!! Good days back then watching City.

Got knocked back out of it aswell. Was in A Block when they came in. Lively for few minutes. Old Bill pulled people from Dolman  for weeks after that and also lifted some at-away games, Oxford being one that sticks in memory🤣

Edited by Wealwayseatcheese

2 hours ago, redkev said:

Was friendly with a few Pompey lads years ago ( lost touch now ) a few of them use to come up to Bristol and have a few beers with other city lads , proper down to earth blokes , proper old school tough city with the added bonus of a nice front in southsea , 

if I’m correct they got no real town centre bit like Stoke ( mind you Stoke got xxxx xxx) 

Don’t know if it’s the same lads but there was always a decent bunch of old school Pompey lads who we always met up with at England away days. Pete Mayes and his mob. 
Thoroughly good blokes. 

39 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

In the Black Horse at 10:00

Millwall geezer got run over by the BH that day. Probably the craziest day at football I ever witnessed, including all the England away games I went to. Everyone knew Millwall were coming down in numbers. Bristol City were a rated firm in those days which is why Millwall, Pompey etc came to Bristol.
All seems surreal compared to AG nowadays, but that’s progress I suppose.

14 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Millwall geezer got run over by the BH that day. Probably the craziest day at football I ever witnessed, including all the England away games I went to. Everyone knew Millwall were coming down in numbers. Bristol City were a rated firm in those days which is why Millwall, Pompey etc came to Bristol.
All seems surreal compared to AG nowadays, but that’s progress I suppose.

I think it was by the London Inn unless there were two ran over !!!

18 hours ago, Harry said:

Don’t know if it’s the same lads but there was always a decent bunch of old school Pompey lads who we always met up with at England away days. Pete Mayes and his mob. 
Thoroughly good blokes. 

Pete Mayes name rings a bell , think he was at Cuba ice ( jaspers bar ) with a few others , but I mainly met them from a few other city lads that got to know them , were really good lads no edge on them at all ,