IGNORED

This Forum..

FNQ

Well I know that I’m viewed by too many as being overly negative.. fair enough I get that too.

But where is the feedback / outrage on no pre game LM presser before our toughest remaining game of the season?

Where is the update on players contracts after LM said last week that discussions would happen this week? 

Where is the forums feedback on Mark Sykes comments in the EP basically confirming what a lot of us have been saying with regard to old style versus Manningball?

Have we all just given in and conformed?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Well I know that I’m viewed by too many as being overly negative.. fair enough I get that too.

But where is the feedback / outrage on no pre game LM presser before our toughest remaining game of the season?

Where is the update on players contracts after LM said last week that discussions would happen this week? 

Where is the forums feedback on Mark Sykes comments in the EP basically confirming what a lot of us have been saying with regard to old style versus Manningball?

Lost interest. I think ST sales show that…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FNQ said:

There were press conferences this week - a bit different and audio only though as done outside at the Children's hospice. Manning’s previous comment about contracts was that they would start talking to players about contracts from this week - highly unlikely that they would be ready to talk to the press about that yet. 
Manning and Sykes preview Canaries trip - Bristol City FC

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, eardun said:

There were press conferences this week - a bit different and audio only though as done outside at the Children's hospice. Manning’s previous comment about contracts was that they would start talking to players about contracts from this week - highly unlikely that they would be ready to talk to the press about that yet. 

Bit difficult to be critical of the club in those circumstances. They are visiting children with life limiting conditions and we are bellyaching about the lack of a visual press conference............................that would be a bad look.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, eardun said:

Thanks.. missed that. No comments on the forum though, unless I’ve missed them too?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Bit difficult to be critical of the club in those circumstances. They are visiting children with life limiting conditions and we are bellyaching about the lack of a visual press conference............................that would be a bad look.

Can’t argue with that, the work the club does with the community is above and beyond. But not giving a regular weekly update is too much?

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

To be fair to @FNQ he thought that there hadn’t been any press conferences (he had just missed them; he wasn’t complaining about the format)

• Like 2

Just now, FNQ said:

Can’t argue with that, the work the club does with the community is above and beyond. But not giving a regular weekly update is too much?

I think at this stage of the season and our circumstances  of nothing to play for an "audio-only" interview is fine. Back to normal next week I'm sure.

Just now, eardun said:

To be fair to @FNQ he thought that there hadn’t been any press conferences (he had just missed them; he wasn’t complaining about the format)

No, I realise that in terms of @FNQ personally. I'm just saying that had there been a pile-on of the club in the circumstances everyone would have looked daft.

1 hour ago, FNQ said:

No just the fact the cricket season has started.

• Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, FNQ said:

It’s our easiest remaining game of the season as well.

1 hour ago, FNQ said:

Outrage over a press conference?!  I guess some are just not that way inclined 

Nahki only has good things to say about Manning:

The latest man in charge in BS3 may only be five years Wells’ senior but in the relatively short period he’s been in place, he’s certainly left an impression on the striker with his openness and willingness to try and improve each and every individual, irrrespctive of whether they’re 33 or 23.

“All managers are different, but what I would say, in working with the gaffer is, first and foremost, he’s a great person, he loves the game, he’s 100 per cent committed to his job and, us as players, he really gives you that feeling that he wants you to progress as player; whether you’re a 19-year-old coming through or an experienced player like myself, there’s always room for improvement,” Wells added.

“His door is open, you walk in to have a chat and next thing you know you’ve been in his office for an hour, you’ve been watching clips, you’ve spoken about things and that’s one of the biggest things that I can say is great about him, it’s continuously wanting to improve you as a player, improve the team, take zero shortcuts and has the way and a process at how he wants to do things and I think it’s coming to fruition, so hats off to him, he’s been a breath of fresh air since he’s been in with his ideas and his training methods.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, FNQ said:

Conformed? I've lost interest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FNQ said:

I presume this is something to do with you finding the football under Manning boring and that it is somehow a deliberate tactic? What did Sykes say to confirm that?

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

I presume this is something to do with you finding the football under Manning boring and that it is somehow a deliberate tactic? What did Sykes say to confirm that?

Basically, we’ve now reverted to pre Manning methodology, especially against the top sides, and that Manning can play his own style only when he has the benefit of a transfer window where he can bring in players capable of playing to that style.. How dis you read it?

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Nahki only has good things to say about Manning:

The latest man in charge in BS3 may only be five years Wells’ senior but in the relatively short period he’s been in place, he’s certainly left an impression on the striker with his openness and willingness to try and improve each and every individual, irrrespctive of whether they’re 33 or 23.

“All managers are different, but what I would say, in working with the gaffer is, first and foremost, he’s a great person, he loves the game, he’s 100 per cent committed to his job and, us as players, he really gives you that feeling that he wants you to progress as player; whether you’re a 19-year-old coming through or an experienced player like myself, there’s always room for improvement,” Wells added.

“His door is open, you walk in to have a chat and next thing you know you’ve been in his office for an hour, you’ve been watching clips, you’ve spoken about things and that’s one of the biggest things that I can say is great about him, it’s continuously wanting to improve you as a player, improve the team, take zero shortcuts and has the way and a process at how he wants to do things and I think it’s coming to fruition, so hats off to him, he’s been a breath of fresh air since he’s been in with his ideas and his training methods.

Ok but he’s not going to say anything negative about him is he? 

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

We've been battered into submission now by a clearly inept board who are lucky that results haven't been bad 

You know the Lansdowns and tinnion will always think that our opinion is worthless. We will most likely beat our points tally of last season and if manage a good return and beat it by a few points they will deem the changes made as a success. 

In all fairness though you can’t take away the good form of late and whether you dislike Manning’s style he has done well recently.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Basically, we’ve now reverted to pre Manning methodology, especially against the top sides, and that Manning can play his own style only when he has the benefit of a transfer window where he can bring in players capable of playing to that style.. How dis you read it?

I didn't read it, that's why I asked.

If we have reverted to how we were playing under Pearson, why are people complaining about the dullness of the football? Reading this forum you would imagine that everything was whizzbangs and fireworks under Pearson, and the club is now on a deliberate campaign to find the most boring form of football possible and to inflict it on us for no purpose.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

If we have reverted to how we were playing under Pearson, why are people complaining about the dullness of the football? Reading this forum you would imagine that everything was whizzbangs and fireworks under Pearson, and the club is now on a deliberate campaign to find the most boring form of football possible and to inflict it on us for no purpose.

I appreciate it's probably not a popular statement on this forum, but I don't think entertainment value has changed all that much. We were and are inconsistent. 

I don't think the styles of play are as distinct as some would make out, either. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

in his own words..

“Even under the last manager, and I don’t know if this is statistically correct, but it felt like we were good on the counter-attack and a lot of my goals have come from that position and we were probably set up that way; this team has a lot of the last manager’s players in it, so we were used to playing that way - being under a bit of pressure.

“I always think back to Swansea games, and they were proper possession-heavy and we’d always manage to catch them on the counter and that’s the way the team in set up.

“Maybe the new manager, when he gets a transfer window under his belt, will be able to implement the way he wants to play and you’ll see a different Bristol City.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Whizzbangs & fireworks 😂😂😂😂😂😂

think the wife has said that about me a few times 

• Haha 1