IGNORED

Rotherham United at home match thread

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I think King will get some minute today, as a “final time at AG as a fan/player” type treat. 

3 minutes ago, eardun said:

Surprised Knight on the bench - although perhaps a last look at James 

Maybe 3 players getting a send off! 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, eardun said:

Surprised Knight on the bench - although perhaps a last look at James 

He’s earned a rest! 😀

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

Not a fan of the James/Williams combo. 

I think this might be in response to Rotherham / Evans playing direct, and trying to screen the CBs.  Something to watch out for.

Afernoon all.  Last home game of the season, can we go out and show that we can perform against a poor team and get a few goals instead of our usual 1. It's another sell out, but will we see a few empty seats, as some season tickets holders may not come. I really hope that won't be the case and City put on a good enetrtaining performance and keep the unbeaten run going, hopefully until the end of the season.  City 3 Rotherham 0.  Come On You Red's!

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Johansen on the bench, suggests he won’t be following Rotherham into Lg1.  Will have lots of suitors home and abroad you’d think.

As he absolutely deserves. He's had one of the toughest jobs of any goalkeeper in the country this season. Not done too badly in that context.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

As he absolutely deserves. He's had one of the toughest jobs of any goalkeeper in the country this season. Not done too badly in that context.

I’d like him here, but I think he’s gonna go somewhere to be no1.  QPR if Begovic leaves would be a good destination now they are safe.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’d like him here, but I think he’s gonna go somewhere to be no1.  QPR if Begovic leaves would be a good destination now they are safe.

And again, he absolutely deserves to be someone's No.1, as does Max. So on that basis yes I'd like Johansson here, but only if we lost O'Leary. 

I've liked Phillips as well over the past few seasons. But I guess he will go down to L1 as their No.1. But, if he wanted to stay up as our new No 2, I'd say we could do worse.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1