IGNORED

Bristol derby Wednesday 1st May

4 hours ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

I went and thoroughly enjoyed it, proper greasy surface , stood with the Farmy army in covered end. Great night for the Farm, Great set up at Cribbs too

Was a great night out.  Clubhouse back at the Creek was good fun afterwards as well! Sore head this morning but very much worth it.  Looking forward to Monday now. Fantastic season though whatever happens.   

• Like 2

Best team won and thought BMF were some way better than Cribbs last night. Thought Cribbs might have made it more of a battle . Manor Farm fans will be in Frome's clubhouse 2 by 2 trailing straw over the floors early doors next Monday!! 

5 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Best team won and thought BMF were some way better than Cribbs last night. Thought Cribbs might have made it more of a battle . Manor Farm fans will be in Frome's clubhouse 2 by 2 trailing straw over the floors early doors next Monday!! 

Both recent games against them I thought we were the better side - especially the recent Friday night game - but we got schooled by them earlier in the season by all accounts.  Funny how it changes so much in a relatively short space of time.    

Have lost touch with non league / Amateur/ parks football over the last 10 - 15 years but by reading otib it seems like quite a lot of city fans seem to follow Bristol Manor Farm as there 2nd/local team ( hopefully the farmyarmy the ones who dressed up arnt city fans 🙈)  

As for Frome remember going there years ago in a game and I’m sure they all go to the same Barbers 💇

when I was a young un I use to follow a amateur team round called Portway Bristol when I wasn’t playing or city weren’t playing  ( lived close by ) use to go to some of the little Towns where they play and god there was some strange people in these places , went to Chard god almighty what a culture shock that was , Ottery st Mary wow Elmore up in Gloucestershire all I can say is there was some characters in and around the teams and clubhouse .

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Have lost touch with non league / Amateur/ parks football over the last 10 - 15 years but by reading otib it seems like quite a lot of city fans seem to follow Bristol Manor Farm as there 2nd/local team ( hopefully the farmyarmy the ones who dressed up arnt city fans 🙈)  

As for Frome remember going there years ago in a game and I’m sure they all go to the same Barbers 💇

when I was a young un I use to follow a amateur team round called Portway Bristol when I wasn’t playing or city weren’t playing  ( lived close by ) use to go to some of the little Towns where they play and god there was some strange people in these places , went to Chard god almighty what a culture shock that was , Ottery st Mary wow Elmore up in Gloucestershire all I can say is there was some characters in and around the teams and clubhouse .

Did they play their home games up Penpole Lane?

13 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Frome Town 3 Mousehole 0

That's one hell of a trip for a regional league! Must take Mousehole a couple of hours to get to Plymouth even.

They have Malvern and Evesham in their league. Both 500 mile round trips.

Next season Helston and ( possibly) Falmouth will be in that league as well. So those two Worcestershire sides will have to do the trip three times!. 

13 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Frome Town 3 Mousehole 0

That's one hell of a trip for a regional league! Must take Mousehole a couple of hours to get to Plymouth even.

It takes me two hours to get there and I live five minutes from the A30 on the Devon/Cornwall border and that`s at 5am midweek so you don`t get snarled up in the A30 dualling roadworks around Carland Cross. God knows how long it would take on a Saturday in the holiday season!

On 02/05/2024 at 12:48, lenred said:

Was a great night out.  Clubhouse back at the Creek was good fun afterwards as well! Sore head this morning but very much worth it.  Looking forward to Monday now. Fantastic season though whatever happens.   

I was stood next to the lad that had the red smoke canisters. Fair play it made the atmosphere even better. Can’t make Monday as working but fingers crossed for Farm win 

On 02/05/2024 at 12:48, lenred said:

Great shout