IGNORED

Bristol derby Wednesday 1st May

Wednesday night, Cribbs vs Bristol Manor Farm in the Southern League Div 1 playoffs.

A couple of miles between the clubs and no love lost either.

When they met at Cribbs in August the hosts came off the victors, but Farm were aggrieved over several decisions in that game including 2 penalty decisions and a red card incident.

A month or so later they met again in the league cup at Manor Farm, this time a draw but Cribbs got the job done on penalties.

They played at Farm again in March. A packed out Creek making lots of noise saw a comfortable win for the home side who have been on a run of 9 wins in 11 games to make the playoffs.

Wednesday night they meet for the 4th time this season, with the highest stakes of the lot. 

If anyone is wanting a bit more football before the season ends and doesn't like the interference of things like VAR I would absolutely recommend going down there for it even as a neutral.

7.45pm KO

Mods- I know we have the non league thread, but would appreciate it if this was kept separate for a couple of days to see if it gets any interest.

Edited by transfer reader
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Wednesday night, Cribbs vs Bristol Manor Farm in the Southern League Div 1 playoffs.

When they met at Cribbs in August the hosts came off the victors, but Farm were aggrieved over several decisions in that game including 2 penalty decisions and a red card incident.

A month or so later they met again in the league cup at Manor Farm, this time a draw but Cribbs got the job done on penalties.

They played at Farm again in March. A packed out Creek making lots of noise saw a comfortable win for the home side who have been on a run of 9 wins in 11 games to make the playoffs.

Wednesday night they meet for the 4th time this season, with the highest stakes of the lot. 

If anyone is wanting a bit more football before the season ends and doesn't like the interference of things like VAR I would absolutely recommend going down there for it even as a neutral.

Mods- I know we have the non league thread, but would appreciate it if this was kept separate for a couple of days to see if it gets any interest.

I fancy this, what’s it like for parking etc and how much is entry ?

Just now, Back of the Dolman said:

I fancy this, what’s it like for parking etc and how much is entry ?

There's not tonnes of parking at the ground, athough you'd probably be able to find somewhere that's not too far to walk and there is a bus stop pretty close by, which is how I got there for the game in August.

Could probably get a space at the ground if you get there 40+ minutes before kickoff, but not a guarantee.

From memory I think it was £10 to get in for their games this season.

I go and watch Farm rather than Cribbs, but £10 is pretty standard across the division. Only Frome and maybe Wimborne are the ones that I know were charging more.

Cribbs have averaged about 160 for their home games, but when the 2 sides met in August the crowd was about 560 and there were people still being let in 15 minutes after kick off. I can see it being a bigger crowd again because of a spot in the playoff final being at stake, but hopefully they're better prepared this time!

5 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

There's not tonnes of parking at the ground, athough you'd probably be able to find somewhere that's not too far to walk and there is a bus stop pretty close by, which is how I got there for the game in August.

Could probably get a space at the ground if you get there 40+ minutes before kickoff, but not a guarantee.

From memory I think it was £10 to get in for their games this season.

I go and watch Farm rather than Cribbs, but £10 is pretty standard across the division. Only Frome and maybe Wimborne are the ones that I know were charging more.

Cribbs have averaged about 160 for their home games, but when the 2 sides met in August the crowd was about 560 and there were people still being let in 15 minutes after kick off. I can see it being a bigger crowd again because of a spot in the playoff final being at stake, but hopefully they're better prepared this time!

Thanks for the info, I was wondering if they’d get access to the Bristol Saracens car park for some extra spaces 

21 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Coming originally from that area it’s a shame the football club / players don’t really support the club ( social ) in massive decline , there may be politics involved I don’t know as I don’t live in that area anymore basically I think players staff turn up play and go home ( what I’m told be someone who watches them . 
when I use to watch them as a kid / yoof aswell it was very much play and use the club’s facilities bar etc but I understand things have changed at amateur level , shame really 

im talking about manor farm by the way 🤷

Edited by redkev
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, redkev said:

Coming originally from that area it’s a shame the football club / players don’t really support the club ( social ) in massive decline , there may be politics involved I don’t know as I don’t live in that area anymore basically I think players staff turn up play and go home ( what I’m told be someone who watches them . 
when I use to watch them as a kid / yoof aswell it was very much play and use the club’s facilities bar etc but I understand things have changed at amateur level , shame really 

im talking about manor farm by the way 🤷

As someone who is also from the area, grew up watching Manor Farm and can remember going on to the pitch at half time for a kick about in the goals - can't imagine that happening now! I now live even closer to The Creek (about 200 metres) yet never hear anything locally about upcoming games, apart from the odd post on Facebook. Get more noise at the moment about Avonmouth, who have just had a second successive promotion.

3 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

As someone who is also from the area, grew up watching Manor Farm and can remember going on to the pitch at half time for a kick about in the goals - can't imagine that happening now! I now live even closer to The Creek (about 200 metres) yet never hear anything locally about upcoming games, apart from the odd post on Facebook. Get more noise at the moment about Avonmouth, who have just had a second successive promotion.

Well, there's a big sign showing the next match outside the gates, the fixtures are advertised on the club's and the Southern League's website. The club's X and Instagram accounts are updated several times a day, and the the local press also publish the fixtures. What more can they do, knock on your door and tell you personally?

• Haha 7

I take the kids there when City are away or not playing. This year we've been to about 4 games. It's great fun and you can have a pint pitch side. Quality of football is decent, Owen Brain especially. We get the bus from the center or the train to Sea Mills. Lovely atmosphere. Farmy Army! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, transfer reader said:

7.45pm KO

I thought for one magical moment that the Gloucester cup was coming back. Used to be one of my favourite games of the year 

On 28/04/2024 at 20:27, transfer reader said:

Cribbs have averaged about 160 for their home games, but when the 2 sides met in August the crowd was about 560 and there were people still being let in 15 minutes after kick off. I can see it being a bigger crowd again because of a spot in the playoff final being at stake,

Careful! It reads like you're building up to a "Thousands locked out" statement! 🙂

• Haha 1

Just now, 22A said:

Careful! It reads like you're building up to a "Thousands locked out" statement! 🙂

😂 difference is this was true! I think some people even gave up and went back in the clubhouse because it was torrential rain that night

Just had a look and their average for the season was 164, the crowd that night was their record crowd at 567

Pretty even first half, but Farm got an almost instant lead.

Cribbs with hoofball for most of the game but created some chances first half.

2nd half Cribbs equalise after mistake from the Farm keeper. But Farm got a deserved lead.

Cribbs keeper properly snapped at a few Farm fans after a bit of stick and not giving the ball back right away.

Frome away on Monday UTF

4 minutes ago, Distortia said:

I was at the game. Think Farm deserved the win but definitely wasn't one for the ages... weather didn't help either. Still, great to get out and support - proper football!

Agree with that, wasn't a classic by any metric, but I was expecting that heading into the game. Cribbs had only conceded about 15 goals at home this season