IGNORED

Tinnion is back!

26 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I am still a supporter of Steve Lansdown and feel that he has done a lot more good for this club than bad, and I also think that opinion on this forum is a lot more anti the people in charge than exists amongst the general fanbase.

I even don't mind Jon too much, he's obviously not particularly competent at anything he does, but is in a position where I can't help but feel he can't do a lot of harm.

Brian Tinnion is a person who did a perfectly good job as a loans and development manager with the academy, and had he stayed there I think his position as a club legend would have been safe.

He is, however, obviously not suited to his current role, he really just isn't clever enough. One small anecdote to illustrate....

In his testimonial year, twenty odd years ago now, for some reason that I cannot to this day fathom, I was teamed up with Brian and his wife at a quiz night in the Dolman Hall that was part of the fundraising.

They were both very nice people and we got on perfectly well, but I'm fairly sure that just about every point we scored was despite Brian, not because of.

As an example, there was a thing where between every round you got a clue to the identity of a mystery footballer - The answer was Brian Tinnion and he didn't get it!

Like, really??!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

but is in a position where I can't help but feel he can't do a lot of harm.

He sacked Nigel Pearson, Curtis Fleming, Jason Euell and Dave Rennie because his mate told him that our players had become deconditioned. 

• Like 11
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

25 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

What does he actually do? He's personable and can represent the club fairly well at functions, but what does he actually need to be competent at?

Aah I get it, you're just having a laugh, good one.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He sacked Nigel Pearson, Curtis Fleming, Jason Euell and Dave Rennie because his mate told him that our players had become deconditioned. 

I'm not sure we will ever know the real reason why Nigel Pearson was sacked, but it was not the deliberate act of self sabotage that some here make it out to be.

It was midly surprising but nothing more than that, and would have happened sooner or later.

The others naturally followed once Pearson was gone.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Henry said:

I bet Jamie Knight Lebel was delighted not to make the squad when we had 1 fit senior CB available. Real progress.

If you read/hear and believe anything Tinnion says, then we must be the English equivalvent of Real Madrid.

If he had his way, he'd change our name to Real Progress FC.

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I'm not sure we will ever know the real reason why Nigel Pearson was sacked, but it was not the deliberate act of self sabotage that some here make it out to be.

It was midly surprising but nothing more than that, and would have happened sooner or later.

Mildly surprising? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It came at a time that the majority of the fanbase was calling for him to be given a new contract. 

I'm sure you're trolling here so let's just leave it at that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Rich, you really need to look at this in the round. Steve Lansdown has taken a step back and isn’t involved day to day. You’ve then said that Tinnion isn’t very clever and is unsuitable for his role, and that Jon Lansdown isn’t particularly competent but doesn’t need to be.

We in effect have three people running the football operations above the coaching staff - Tinnion, Lansdown (J) and Gavin Marshall.

By your own admission, you think two of three of those aren’t very good. Therefore, I’d respectful argue that unless Gavin Marshall is some kind of superman, it certainly does do harm that Jon Lansdown is in his current role. You’ve argued that 2/3 of the hierarchy are poor but in the same post said that doesn’t do any harm.

It’s no way to run an organisation. And you’ve pretty much confirmed that yourself.

He's snookered himself here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

What does he actually do?

He is basically in charge of the entire Club. 

He's Chairman and son of the owner , no disrespect but his decisions can ******* ruin the Club.

While the actual sacking of Pearson could split opinion ,
How well did his shirt design go ?
How well did he handle the sacking ? 
How well did his sacking explanation go ? 

He is the decision maker along with his Dad, supported by the Football brains BT. 

Don't know about you, but for me that is a worry.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

If the Lansdowns wanted a hands on coach and picked Mannimg then they should have shed Tinnion and appointed Pearson to that role.  
Personally I would have picked Curtis not Manning.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Glen hump said:

Watched city for close to 35 years now’ really don’t get how some people think he’s a club legend’ he played mainly in the 3 rd division for us ‘ he was a good 3rd division player’ there are plenty of other players who genuinely deserve legendary status’ not Tinnion.

100% mate.

Much overused term imo.

Legend my arse.

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

He is basically in charge of the entire Club. 

He's Chairman and son of the owner , no disrespect but his decisions can ******* ruin the Club.

While the actual sacking of Pearson could split opinion ,
How well did his shirt design go ?
How well did he handle the sacking ? 
How well did his sacking explanation go ? 

He is the decision maker along with his Dad, supported by the Football brains BT. 

Don't know about you, but for me that is a worry.

Sunday League brains trust isnt it.

Absolute joke maybe " Sir Steve" is still a gashead and is taking the piss 😁

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Sunday League brains trust isnt it.

Absolute joke maybe " Sir Steve" is still a gashead and is taking the piss 😁

Expensive joke 😳

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

What does he actually do? He's personable and can represent the club fairly well at functions, but what does he actually need to be competent at?

With no CEO he’s running the football club . How naive are you to think otherwise. He makes major decisions that he’s not qualified or competent to make 

• Like 5

What is the backstabbing situation with Wilson? I was still in school but my memory of Wilson was that we played good football, but he had four years to get us up and failed despite having a really good budget for the level. If felt the right time for him to go. 

What did Tinnion apparently do to influence it? I'd not really heard this until the recent stuff with NP came out, but again it probably went over my head at the time as I was young. 

I saw the blokes first game for us. Was always a fan as a player. He is certainly among an elite group of favorites of mine. 

The Danny Wilson play off debacle I still find difficult to swallow and his job was on the line. What I never quite understood was how Brian got it! It seems a secret that I was never let in on (all please take the opportunity to enlighten me). But what I do know is Mr Wilson was not happy with Brian and it seemed to me that a good deal of the team weren’t either. 

We move forward, Brian after his stint in Spain ended back here. To be frank I would argue that the job that Brian did wiv da kids was/is excellent and whether Brian or anyone likes it or not was highlighted by Pearson as he was forced to play many of them and bring them through!

What I don’t understand is how that academy positionhas morphed into his current position. 

It’s pretty clear that Brian was involved in a good deal of what went on and if some are correct it was over an extended period. The comments about playing Andy King seem to be just one aspect that supports that notion. 

I get it that JL didn’t like being corrected publicly but if someone is in your ear constantly eventually situations get aggravated!! 

It’s a shame that so many are so annoyed with a guy who has lived and breathed this club for 30 years, but there it is. 

I will do my best to not mix Brian the player up with any ****fest that the chap seems to have his fingerprints on since then. 

My advice to Brian is prerecorded interviews only and let his academy AND Mr Manning’s selection policy do the talking for him! 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Hes a *** and doesnt deserve respect.

So playing over 450 games for us, bringing lads through the academy doesn’t deserve respect? That’s a bit sad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

So playing over 450 games for us, bringing lads through the academy doesn’t deserve respect? That’s a bit sad. 

He can be respected as a player , yes. He can be respected for his academy work , yes.
But life is all about balance and he was a shit manager, that should never have got the job. Now he has somehow become virtual CEO which is so far above his skill set he shouldn't even be talked about in the same sentence as those letters. 

• Like 11

It would be quite interesting to see Brian Tinnions managerial stats here - which were generally regarded as a disaster - compared to Nigel Pearsons.

Of course, they both managed us in different divisions, but then our squad would have been equivalently different.

I don't know how they'd actually stack up as Tinnions stats don't seem to be easily found - but I know for a fact that Pearsons were underwhelming.

EDIT - also, on topic, has he not just tweeted a couple of factual references to the season just gone..?

Academy players coming through - true.

Finished higher than we have for several years - true.

Progress..? Questionable I suppose - but factually correct. Of course he's going to look at the positive slant in his assements. 

Next season, with a summer window & pre-season under his belt, is the only fair way to judge LM.

Personally I think he has done OK generally. Certainly alot of work to do & improvements to be made - but there were also some encouraging signs aswell.

Next season will be interesting.!

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It would be quite interesting to see Brian Tinnions managerial stats here - which were generally regarded as a disaster - compared to Nigel Pearsons.

Of course, they both managed us in different divisions, but then our squad would have been equivalently different.

I don't know how they'd actually stack up as Tinnions stats don't seem to be easily found - but I know for a fact that Pearsons were underwhelming.

You could try Google - Bristol space city space manager space stats enter

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

He can be respected as a player , yes. He can be respected for his academy work , yes.
But life is all about balance and he was a shit manager, that should never have got the job. Now he has somehow become virtual CEO which is so far above his skill set he shouldn't even be talked about in the same sentence as those letters. 

His recruitment has been very good.

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Pearson has more football knowledge in his todger than Tinnion has .

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You could try Google - Bristol space city space manager space stats enter

Funnily enough I did that.!

Transfermarket didn't list anything on the page it gave me & I wasn't that fussed about looking around for it.

It just made me wonder how their stats might compare - seeing as there is some weird love in with NP, from some, yet Tinnions reign was a complete disaster.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1