IGNORED

This Forum

Dave L

I havent been posting on this forum as long as alot of you have but I do agree with some of the comments made.

There are a few like almost GANGS on this forum. If someone posts something then chances are that one of there mates will agree with what they say even if it is a pile of crap.

Its always interesting reading this forum though because there are certainly alot of characters and some of you are funny as #####.

O.K. I agree with most of your post, but we don't need a Handbook to use this forum, it's upto the people what they want to post, if they agree strongly with something that someones wrote then they have the riight to share that opinion ( even if it's a Ok. I agree or WHY )

I agree with some of the post's getting a little repetitive " cough Roberts " but at the end of the day it the posters prerogative, and you can tell what the subject is about before even reading the post in the main forum.

Obviously your missing something or someone from this forum that gone AWOL to the subers Forum, well no ofence wht not go over there or use both the forums instead of crying about this one.

I would also add that the sheer volume of spurious rumour mongering on here is another reason to stay away.

Until Rob F opened his curtains and realised that he'd probably better do something else for a while, the Net Centre was a great forum.

There was inanity, but altogether less of it!

There was also a good number of foreign bodies on there too, opponents fans would come on and apart from the usual wind ups, there would be useful observations about us and the past and present opposition teams and fans.

Sad to say that that forum has died away, and the likes of Blackbird and others don't really come on here.

so whats the answer? some independent keen bean to launch a new site? revive the best of the net centre? or have a kiddie forum on here and try and evolve this forum into something else?

I, like you, find the over use of 'I agree' & smileys deeply irritating, and while I'm on, the teenage girly pictures and avatars that feature dubious and frankly immature little sequences really irk me. it betrays the age range of the majority of fans on here.

there's no wit, and even Faustus has reverted to dull and boring stuff - where's the surrealism Doc?

over moderation possibly, but a lack of imagination by a lot of posters has turned this place into a boring read.

Maybe it mirrors the decline of true terrace wit and humour.

sad that.

(thats seating though, harder to (I tried to say a naughty word) in peoples pockets!!)

:laugh:

People have to post to show their point of view not to increase their post count.

To post what they think and not what was said on the radio. And to think before they post not after.

Many good posters go on the sub forum due to fact this place is over moderated and too p.c. A few days without a moderator would do good and to lighten up on the language filter.

Spot on,Dave.

I have complained regularly for monthes about the large number of meaningless threads that appear on the Forum.The same ones that are posted over and over again seemingly every two weeks.It gets monotonous and has,I know driven some regular users away.

I know I'll get slated for this but usually the dross comes from kids and thats why I've advocated that under 16's have thier own forum.

As for the Modmen - who are they? and what qualifies them to censor and delete threads.Bad language and personal abuse or threats are of course unacceptable to most of us and I have no problem with those being removed but removing a thread for alledged "baiting" is a little extreme imho.

In the past debates have got over heated and led to bad feeling via cyberspace but these differences are almost always resolved by the individuals concerned in my personal experience..

I'm all for a return to the more liberal forum of old and wish the likes of Redrocks,Skinemclive,Orj and Retop would return to posting as they did before.

Yes, unfortunately the quality of the forum is not what it used to be. When I first started using the forum back in 1998, there was a comparatively small group of users and the debate and banter was lively, entertaining and funny. Occasional school holiday interruptions excepted. At least, that's how I remember it.

Since then there's been a vast increase in the proportion of the population with internet access - which has got to be a good thing. But I guess what I'm suggesting is that the increase in numbers means more of everything, good and bad.

The problem being for someone like me, who has less time on the net than I used to, is the time spent reading all the posts here means that I don't get round to replying any more (some may suggest that's a good thing).

I don't think there is a solution apart from self-regulation, but it seems that for every interesting new contributor that joins up, there are likely to be another 2 or 3 crap ones. My own use of the forum now pretty much comprises picking and choosing the thread titles and posters that I think I'll want to read, ignoring the rest, and not actually contributing anything myself. :laugh:

Spot on,Dave.

I have complained regularly for monthes about the large number of meaningless threads that appear on the Forum.The same ones that are posted over and over again seemingly every two weeks.It gets monotonous and has,I know driven some regular users away.

I know I'll get slated for this but usually the dross comes from kids and thats why I've advocated that under 16's have thier own forum.

As for the Modmen - who are they? and what qualifies them to censor and delete threads.Bad language and personal abuse or threats are of course unacceptable to most of us and I have no problem with those being removed but removing a thread for alledged "baiting" is a little extreme imho.

In the past debates have got over heated and led to bad feeling via cyberspace but these differences are almost always resolved by the individuals concerned in my personal experience..

I'm all for a return to the more liberal forum of old and wish the likes of Redrocks,Skinemclive,Orj and Retop would return to posting as they did before.

I'm not under 16, I'm 20 but why should under 16's be given there own forum - Ive discussed many topics relating to city with forum members who I assume are older than me and turn out to be in there early teens and some have a better knowledge of football than alot of the older members

But why do you think that threads that don't interest you, should'nt be on here - the world dosent revolve around you - If I see a thread that I'm not interested in I simply ignore it.

If the thread is irrelevant or innappropriate the mods will do whats necessary.

The Forum now has lots of members and not everyone is going to want to talk about the same topics - but the format of the forum gives you the choice to read them or not

Thats true I am 23 but just because you are young doesnt mean you cant have a opinion. Some people on this forum cant help moaning.... He is right If you don't wanna read it then don't just Ignore it

But why do you think that threads that don't interest you, should'nt be on here - the world dosent revolve around you - If I see a thread that I'm not interested in I simply ignore it.

I think your're missing the point,which is that there are too many unintersting and downright boring threads on here,largely due to(imho)juvenilles and partly due to the over sensative Modmen.

I ignore so many threads that its barely worth visiting the forum at times.Interestingly enough - I don't ignore your threads..

I agree totally if not for the only fact that I'm being modded for one (not even bad) thread. By the time you read this it will probably be 6pm. I'm posting it at 5.10. it just seems a bit boring of late, even during the summer with all the silly rumour threads least it got people thinking and talking. These days it seems we have to ask people what they think and the only people who reply are those who agree with the majority.. if not they are shot down. But then again there are some people who post utter tosh in the hope of getting a bite, and this is becoming anyoing.

Dave, I think your turning in to a subber!!!

the general illiterate nonsense that swamps the whole forum makes it tiresome in the extreme picking through 20 threads to find an interesting one.

I come on here in short bursts, but my patience to wade through cr*p is used up all too quickly.

It's not just ignoring what I don't like, 90% of stuff on here is a waste of pixels.

It's like saying all TV is rubbish (which it is) so rather than strive for a better way we should just turn off and leave the cesspit of banality to those who revel in it?

no mate, for me there's more to life,

make the effort for something better, don't just accept what your given.

do you vote? (I'm not getting political - just want to know if you feel that too is a waste of time)

:laugh:

Dave, I think your turning in to a subber!!!

I'm just a City fan who enjoys a bit of intelligent debate, a good laugh and some banter, whether its on here, on the net centre, the City list, the subbers site or wherever.

For the record, I think there's some good funny and interesting stuff on the subbers site, and some rubbish too, just like on here. But I don't think the 'subbers' versus 'borum' mentality that seems to be proliferated by some people on both sides does anything to improve the atmsophere either there or here.

We do all support the same team after all.

We do all support the same team after all.

Personally I think that this is part of the problem. On Rob F's site (at least, as it used to be) there was always some really good and sometimes quite intelligent banter with opposition supporters, even those from the dark side.

On this site, well, it seems like many people run out of original things to say once the Monday following a match is reached. Consequently, we end up with these 'black and white' arguments (i.e. Roberts is either a c@£t or we want his love child; nothing in between) or crappy posts along the lines of 'what's the fewest number of people you have seen on this forum'; Jeeez!!! :Sleep12:

I don't see how a lower age limit would prevent this. I also don't think it would prevent the unbelievable way in which some people just can't see irony or sarcasm (in fact, it's worth coming on here just to see how dumb some people can be!!!). So really, it's difficult to change anything without increasing moderation (and no-one wants that), but you can always put the 'ignore' filters on.

I have been on this forum for a very long time now, not as my current name but Tommycidered. I think I first started posting at the age of 11 or 12 because i can remember first coming on late junior school or early secondary.

The quality of it has gone downhill a lot and I noticed it coming in slowly from a long way off, the main change came once the whole internet thing rocketed and OTIB become the official message board.

There are many things that have changed most namely for me everyone not being able to express their opinion as it will either be moderated or as been said a load of No don't agree with that or agreed posts.

Not enough people will stick their necks out for what they really think, most seem to be back away and be afraid of how others may react at their opinion, thats not just people saying bad things but I will admit to be a culprit of criticing people for, in my opinion being over the top PC. Which is wrong as if it is their opinion I should respect it. But thats exactly what we are getting at.

No-one is perfect we could have a forum where we have a nice debate with no arguing and debates that go on for weeks before coming to some sort of reasonable conclusion.

What first got me going on City forums was the urge to post my opinion on a topic i felt strongly about. I couldn't just read it and think No, i don't agree with that, I had to put my opposing view or my agreeing view and why on.

I think posts that go into no detail at all and just state if someone agrees or not should be moderated more than swearing etc. As it takes the point of a forum away. A forum is a group of different people, with different views and opinions putting them across. Some may or may not like swearing but to stop it is taking away the variety of people who post and therefore making posters very similar to eachother and a lot of people agreeing withthings or disagreeing.

i agree a good post.. mabe city should invite you

on to the board as a moderator.

on the subbers forum though we are doing our best

to stop the postings of those who are banned from

here going on the subbers and abusing the moderators

of this forum personally, it is good to moan and by what

i read some have been banned for petty things,

but we don't need the abuse thing. on the subbers

we have put together a forum not just about football but

basic naughty humor and not to be taken to seriously it

is just a laugh, but there is sections for debate if

one wanted to, not quite sure what the attraction is but

it is all good fun..

i like both forums for different reasons.

:laugh: As I see it , it is simple , this forum is either open to all, including airheads (of which I`m one) juveniles,men,women and children; or an elite club of intelligent individuals who vet all applicants on there football knowledge and debating skills;

Open to all and say what you think right or wrong,daft or intelligent, gets my vote :laugh:

Spot on,Dave.

Kids are the future of this club. There are some kids who post a load of rubbish but there are adults who do the same. Every time anybody mentions the state of the forum you seem to blame it on the kids. It's not going to happen, there is no point in making an under 16s forum because you'd be losing younger posters that actually just want to talk about football.

I don't understand why you have such a stereotypical opinion of kids. And Apart from anything else, how do you think it makes an 11 year old (for example) feel when he/she reads your post?

I actually feel quite nervous about posting on here again now. :laugh:

Some people can put across their point of view, all grammatically correct and their posts are well though out and interesting to read. Sadly I know I don't fit into that category but does that my, like many others, point less valid?

I do pick and choose who's posts I read, you can soon tell just by the poster what sort of post it is going to be. Sometimes I want to read something sensible and sometimes I want amusement. There really is something on here for everyone.

I agree it seems to be heavily moderated, but I guess that's the price you pay for it being provided by the football club.

I don't understand why you have such a stereotypical opinion of kids. And Apart from anything else, how do you think it makes an 11 year old (for example) feel when he/she reads your post?

Most kids don't have the maturity to make reasoned arguement - its part of being young and impulsive as most of us were in our younger days.You wouldn't believe some of the stupid things I did when I was a teenager and most of it (I thought at the time)was perfectly reasonable. Its only when you mature that you realise how daft and lucky you were..

There are the exceptions of course but not many of them visit this forum and frankly I don't give a hoot how an 11 year old might feel about what I might write on this forum.My threads are not aimed at them and thats one reason that I think they should have their own forum.

Archived