IGNORED

Christian Roberts - Merged Threads

freezer

Great sub, Roberts was clueless as usual and it was nice to see a player come on who can actually play the game, we came back and got a point with Robbo off, say no more.

Murray missing two absolute sitters had nothing to do with the result then ? Or the fact that Butler going completely awol and missing a simple challenge in no way led to their second goal, and had no impact on the result ? Obvioulsy all Robbos fault.

Yes and Taking Roberts off mande that difference, did it ? No, heffernan was pants, Tinman coming on made a bit of difference and we started playing a little better and when Miller came on the front line improved immeasurably. Lita was about as effective as a chocolate teapot all game, but then so were all of our strikers bar Miller, as none of them as big so can't be expected to win much in the air.

Roberts looked far more dangerous than Lita did for the whole game, lita's vision was as usual as good a a blind mans, neither Roberts or Lita were helped at all by continual dismal balls from Doherty, Orr, Wilkshire and Murray, the only player who played a descent cross all match was Matty Hill, who put in two quality crosses one we scored from and the other which was just missed by Lita i think, oh yes and Robbo played a lovely ball across which Lita (rightly so) went near post for but our midfield was about 20 yards behind the play so when Lita did enough to take his man out of it and the midfield just piss arsed around 20 yards behind as usual.

When the ball did get played into feet, Litas touch was abysmal, i can't remember a city player in the last few years with such a rediculously bad first touch as Litas. When he finally learns to controll a ball he will be absolutely incredible.

Murray missing two absolute sitters had nothing to do with the result then ? Or the fact that Butler going completely awol and missing a simple challenge in no way led to their second goal, and had no impact on the result ?  Obvioulsy all Robbos fault.

Yes and Taking Roberts off mande that difference, did it ?  No, heffernan was pants, Tinman coming on made a bit of difference and we started playing a little better and when Miller came on the front line improved immeasurably.  Lita was about as effective as a chocolate teapot all game, but then so were all of our strikers bar Miller, as none of them as big so can't be expected to win much in the air.

Roberts looked far more dangerous than Lita did for the whole game, lita's vision was as usual as good a a blind mans, neither Roberts or Lita were helped at all by continual dismal balls from Doherty, Orr, Wilkshire and Murray, the only player who played a descent cross all match was Matty Hill, who put in two quality crosses one we scored from and the other which was just missed by Lita i think, oh yes and Robbo played a lovely ball across which Lita (rightly so) went near post for but our midfield was about 20 yards behind the play so when Lita did enough to take his man out of it and the midfield just piss arsed around 20 yards behind as usual.

When the ball did get played into feet, Litas touch was abysmal, i can't remember a city player in the last few years with such a rediculously bad first touch as Litas.  When he finally learns to controll a ball he will be absolutely incredible.

His first touch dosen't worry me too much, the League One goalscoring charts do though, and he's top.

Guest bristolbred

As we are only playing Chesterfield next week, how about resting Christian Roberts on the bench, and allowing Heffernen and Miller to link up front, and let's see what happens??. Lita on the bench as well, and when all isn't going our way with 30 mins to go, bring on Roberts and Lita. Simple!!, :whistle:

Guest MaloneFM

Roberts only looked dangerous when he elbowed fatty Yates and went in two footed on their goalie. And thats dangerous as in take hin away officer.

Lita ran until he dropped up front. Murray gave the left back all kinds of murder. Butler was on half cock and at times Dan was off more times than John Waynes safety catch.

But Roberts off was fair and skippy was having a crap one as well.

Roberts is still a good scorer but physically he's still a streak. He's beaten most times when being taken-on one-on-one, he just seems unmotivated half the time (although this is understandable) and he still doesn't have the pace that's needed to really put the wind up defences.

I thought Christian did ok today but have the feeling that either 'new boy' or Heffernan will replace him soon as a starter.

As for attitude,well,I think you need one to survive sometimes,especially if your name happens to be C.Roberts, but in fairness today I only heard critisism of him if justified(the same as any city player).

As long as he wears the shirt he is entitled to our support but,he has to show he's good enough.

Miller,Gillespie,'new boy',Heffernan are all waiting to pounce and it could be a long way back,and yes ,if Leroy(banging the goals in)Lita drops off the pace,he could also find himself fighting for a place.

The game today was mad,at times just plainly inept,at others captivating.Sort it out guys,consistency is the key.Promotion(s+~t I said THE WORD) is where we're at,it can happen. :whistle:

As usual Roberts had some great moments of skill and a lot of the game doing little. Lita's record speaks for itself and he must start. I would rather see Miller, Heffernan or Gillespie start with Lita. Although Gillespie will need more sub opportunities first (he could be big when he gets his chance).

I was pretty disgusted with Roberts attempting to go back to the dressing room after his substitution. Millen told him to sit on the bench. Regarding the timing of the substitution I respect Tinnion for making changes so early. I think that one of Danny's failures was making substitutions too late in the game.

As usual Roberts had some great moments of skill and a lot of the game doing little.  Lita's record speaks for itself and he must start. I would rather see Miller, Heffernan or Gillespie start with Lita.  Although Gillespie will need more sub opportunities first (he could be big when he gets his chance).

I was pretty disgusted with Roberts attempting to go back to the dressing room after his substitution.  Millen told him to sit on the bench.  Regarding the timing of the substitution I respect Tinnion for making changes so early.  I think that one of Danny's failures was making substitutions too late in the game.

I agree fully with you.

Roberts wasn't at all happy about being subbed today. Of course NO player really likes being subbed if fit, but I thought Roberts had a fair chance today and a change was needed. I would have thought Roberts of all people would understand, as he last season was often on the subs bench himself or dropped. He must know how the others are feeling not getting a game? I suppose it is good that he feels he should be out there and that he wants to be part of it, but to show so openly his upset he did himself no favours today. These things should be kept inside the dressing room, IMO.

As it was I thought Heffernan again added little to the game. He was given a decent amount of time to make an impact and offered no better options than Roberts who he replaced. I want to like him, especially as I am half Irish! , but I find it difficult to see how he was such a prolific scorer last season? :whistle:

The next game I would like to see Miller, or Gillespe, afforded a similar amount of time. Again Lee looked good, or as good as he could look in a whole 8 minuites! Maybe the LDV would be a great chance for Roberts and Lita to be rested? Lita has been pretty faultless but it looks like Tinnion has found the Robbo/Lita combo works and is reluctant to alter it too much.

The radio commented today that when taken off wanted to go straight down tunnel and had to be held back by KM.

A sign he has had enough now? Anyone see it and care to comment?

I noticed this when he was taken off and thought that he maybe was a bit fed up after he was taken off instead of lita yet again.

I think roberts and lita were exactly the same today both pretty useless, but i thought we were awful today, the defending and the positions each of the strikers took up when scotty had the ball were terrible, someone needs a word with them to say one needs to stand on the penalty spot when a winger has the ball out wide, scotty put in probably 15 crosses to the near post today because he had no other option, very annoying!

As for tommy today he was abysmal matt hill struggled like hell by the fact that he was again playing the whole left on his own and huddersfield had done there research and put 2 people on him. Orr did ok in the 1st half, less so in the 2nd and i thought coles and butler kept selling themselves to what were 2 strong forwards who always looked to hold the ball up, and that akpo sodje when he came on for huddersfield was useless which was handy, as he could have scored twice at 3-1.

Roberts and Lita had good games today, Lita must be tired by now he seems to be all over the pitch. However, we definitely need that goal poacher, neither Roberts or Lita managed to get in front of their goalkeeper when Murray crossed the ball in - we missed so many chances because of this and the fact that we did not have a tall striker on the pitch. Coles and Butler came up for all those corners, but got no where near the ball.

LDV match - I would start Miller and Heffernan and Gillespie behind the front two. Give them a chance to show what they can do and rest Roberts and Lita.

Archived