IGNORED

Christian Roberts - Merged Threads

freezer

I appreciate he's welsh, but what has he actually done wrong to deserve the hatred vented by some people on this forum. :city: 

For a while now i've read with some amusement the constant bickering that occurs over him, but seriously, have i missed something?

By the way if you categorise him as being a problem for being welsh you can ###### off you ###### ###### and i don't care if i get banned for saying that.

I have you know it is people like you who give everyone else a bad reputation.

By the way if you categorise him as being a problem for being welsh you can ###### off you ###### ###### and i don't care if i get banned for saying that.

Calm down bob I don't think he meant it like that, he just mean he's aware that the Welsh and the Bristolians haven't historically been the best of neighbours.

Spongebob, wash your mouth out with soap! There's no need for language like that, i wasn't insinuating anything!

I'm as proud of the Irish in me as you obviously are the Welsh in you! Lets not start four pages about this topic again! Lighten up. :city:

Calm down bob I don't think he meant it like that, he just mean he's aware that the Welsh and the Bristolians haven't historically been the best of neighbours.

I don't apologise for what i said but i will say this, i am 1/4 welsh my nan is welsh but has lived in bristol for 65 years. I have lived in cardiff for stages and like bristol there are ######s but unlike bristol i don't get threatened for being english/bristolian which a friend of mine does whom is welsh living in bristol!

I don't apologise for what i said but i will say this, i am 1/4 welsh my nan is welsh but has lived in bristol for 65 years. I have lived in cardiff for stages and like bristol there are ######s but unlike bristol i don't get threatened for being english/bristolian which a friend of mine does whom is welsh living in bristol!

But you get idiots everywhere, a mate of mine got stabbed in a Glasgow pub for no other reason than being English, but it dosen't mean all Scottish people are like that does it. I don't care if Robbo is from Uzbekistan as long as he plays for the shirt, which I belive he does.

the wife is nagging so i will be quick

he is human he has 2 arms 2 legs (which is more then the average)

he is no better or worse than marlon king who was jeered by his fans until he scored a goal (the winner).

why do you not chill and let him play

goodnight see you all tomorrow

Guest Cardiff RED

ummmm... i live in cardiff and ive been threatened for being english :city:

But you get idiots everywhere, a mate of mine got stabbed in a Glasgow pub for no other reason than being English, but it dosen't mean all Scottish people are like that does it.  I don't care if Robbo is from Uzbekistan as long as he plays for the shirt, which I belive he does.

Exactley. This is my point, what has he actually done wrong? If it's purley because he is Welsh then that is pathetic!

I think he is lazy sometimes and can seem like he's not trying, but i sometimes think that about Danny Coles and few others. If he was from ristol, would he get this much stick?

i think orr was took off because otherwise he would have been sent off.my point is about making changes after 5 mins when clearly we were having a good go at them and well on top.

Roberts had just beaten the Huddersfield defence at speed on the left hand side and crossed the ball to Leroy about 2 minutes before being taken off.

Leroy couldn't connect with it, but that doesn't detract from the brilliant piece of play by Roberts.

No surprise if Roberts was peed off about being substituted so soon after proving he could destroy their defence.

City were tearing them apart straight after half-time and any substitutions should have been left for at least another ten minutes.

Having put tat i just read a topic with a couple of post saying he took of his shirt in the dug out and threw it down whilst sat down, not sure if its right or not as i wasnt watching him after he turned back to the dug out.

If he has thrown the shirt down he can p**s off right away, i know we all get annoyed but tha takes the mick. I'm not his biggest fan bt have given him time to prove himself, he has impressed me this season at times, boro away for one, he worked hard and held the bll up very well awaiting support.

At the end of the day for me it comes down to one thing did he throw the shirt on the floor? If he did he's lost any support from myself, and many people around me, and no doubt tins

The man is a disgrace not only does he seem to put less effort in than anyone else in not bothering to jump 9 times out of ten, feeling he does't have to run or jog back onside, he then moan about being brought off which his boss beleives is best for the team.

They are players not managers and anyone who goes to the extent Roberts did about being brought off should be severly punished.

i have seen in his game that he is very selfish and have said before this incident that he feels he is bigger than the club. By showing his disirenot to watch the team play to me just says he doesn't give a poo about what happens to us and therfore doesn't deserve to wear the shirt.

As for throwing his shirt on the floor I can say its true because I watched him do it.

He took off his shirt, put on a training jacket then threw his shirt across the dug out onto the floor.

Showing this kind of disrespect towards the club you play for is not on and he would have to do something amazing to regain any kind of respect from me after this.

Put the ******* on the transfer list NOW, by doing this hes only saying hes not happy and I would love to see the back of the big headed, inconsistant lazy ######.

He should have left at the end of last season. I love the we should get off his back attitude. We pay his wages-he works for us. He us at work. If you do something that p i s s e s your employers off you try to rectify it because you know you will be sacked.

Simple really.

We have had players here before who have had as much stick as him, sometimes more. You have to get your head down and get on with it and cut the attitude.

The goal against Everton he didn't know much about and I get the impression he knew it was a own goal so not guilty there. The strop on saturday-guilty as hell. The 10 minute whine at Smithy before the second half kicked off-guilty.

Some of you on here going under the names of ChristianRobertsisGod and similar think he can do no wrong. I think he can. So can several others.

I can NOT get behind someone who I pay my money to and underperforms. Nor can I get behind a player who strolls around moaning when we are behind. I have not mentioned here his meger playing attributes because that is a never ending story of opinions. Neither have I mentioned him being Welsh which seems to be the main plank of his defence. Its mainly an English/Welsh thing. What was it with Tony Thorpe then? He had a chip as well.

I cant support a player who does not support the team.

Some of us-including me (noticed?) find him very frustrating to watch.

Yet more regurgitated codswallop. :Sleep12:

I noticed on Wednesday that he didn't celebrate the goals, even the one where he got the assist, he actually looked pissed off.  Also when he was replaced by Heff on Wed, he tried to shake his hand but Robbo ignored him. I didnt notice it meself yesterday but apparently he was unhappy to be taken off and tried to strop off straight down the tunnel.

Can understand him being frustrated, he keeps getting subbed and he gets totally unjustified stick from certain moronic elements in the crowd.  But that sort of behaviour ain't good for team spirit.

To satrt can I just say can there be one bloody discussion about Roberts without race being brought into it. I think we all agree racism is wrong and the minority who dislike just because he is Welsh are sad bastards who can go down the mem and I think everyones in agreement with that. All of us who dislike him as a player on here dislie him because of the football he plays.

GGT, the bit where you say, even the one where he got the assist, he actually looked pissed off.

Its that exact reason why I hate the bloke.

He probaly was pissed off that he didn't get the goal. The bloke only thinks about himself, his team spirit is abysmal, his effort is terrible and how the manager has stuck with him after some of his awful displays, such as the time s hes doesn't even bother to jump for the ball or can't be bothered to jog or run back from and offside position so strolls back.

I have noticed him on many occasions and have mentioned it many a time before expecially this season Roberts plays for HIMSELF and not the the team.

I witness him have a go at Millen and throw his shirt on the floor, this kind of blatent disrespect towards authority deserves punishment, the not wanting to watch his team play desevres a stern talking to as to whether he wants to be here. To throw the shirt on the floor for me deserves immediate transfer listing.

If Saturdays goings on wasn't enough proof that he only gives a poo about himself then I don;t know what is. he now has shown everyone that he has no loyalty and doesn't care one bit about this club.

its this that we want rid of as fast as possible because its the only thing stopping us from getting better and possibly making us worse.

The man is a disgrace not only does he seem to put less effort in than anyone else in not bothering to jump 9 times out of ten, feeling he does't have to run or jog back onside, he then moan about being brought off which his boss beleives is best for the team.

They are players not managers and anyone who goes to the extent Roberts did about being brought off should be severly punished.

i have seen in his game that he is very selfish and have said before this incident that he feels he is bigger than the club. By showing his disirenot to watch the team play to me just says he doesn't give a poo about what happens to us and therfore doesn't deserve to wear the shirt.

As for throwing his shirt on the floor I can say its true because I watched him do it.

He took off his shirt, put on a training jacket then threw his shirt across the dug out onto the floor.

Showing this kind of disrespect towards the club you play for is not on and he would have to do something amazing to regain any kind of respect from me after this.

Put the ******* on the transfer list NOW, by doing this hes only saying hes not happy and I would love to see the back of the big headed, inconsistant lazy ######.

Thanks for the feedback,(it's not mid-night yet)an emotive subject but to be quite honest if, as you say he did,Roberts threw his shirt onto the floor then personally I think it's a disgrace and unless his attitude and performance improves dramatically in the near future then he can walk.

You get Tinman kissing the badge and Roberts throwing the shirt,if a player is only 70%talented but gives 100% for the club he is better than a player who gives 70% but is 100%talented. :city:

To be honest i'm now at the point where i hope to god that Robbo leaves and finds himself another club, because the way in which he is treated by this one is nothing short of an absolute dsgrace.

Yet again we see the striker who is playing better than the other pulled off for no other reason than the fans love Leeroy and he can do no wrong, i still haven't seen Murray getting cricufied because he missed 2 chances that i could have stuck away, and had that been Robbo the forum would be full of people abusing him non stop, but because it's someone else and the majority of City fans know absolutely ###### all about football, nothing is said. I am at the stage where i am so ashamed by the behaviour of a large minority of our fans that i really don't enjoy going to city games anymore, when some complete ######s started that if you all hate the welsh chant in the Atyeo yesturday which was so obviously aimed at Robbo as was there another welshman on the pitch, i wanted to tear up my season ticket and leave.

Every single game i go to now my passion for this club is getting smaller and smaller as i slowly remove the rose tinted specs and realise what a complete bunch of ######s a hefty portion of City fans really are.

I used to love this club but i am fast getting to the point where i don't and it's nothing to do with what is happening on the pitch, it's all to do with ######s in the stands who claim to support this club.

Personally yesturday i wouldn't have started Robbo anyway, neither would i have started Lita, they were both obviously knackered, and if Tinman had an ounce of nous and actually watch huddersfield he may have noticed that Neither Lita or Robbo were going to get much joy out of their defence, Huddersfield defend ikn numbers closing down everything meaning that long balls were going to end up being played a fair bit, yet we leave our only tall striker on the bench for a vast portion of the game.  In the end we are i feel lucky that we scored so late as if we had pulled it back to 3-3 10/15 mins earlier they could easily have scored again as when they wanted to they were scoring at will, they attacked with pace and numbers and our defence couldn't cope except Hill and Smith who had ok games, Coles in the first half was dismal, Butler cost us the second goal by missing a simple tackle.

Two excellent posts in this thread Spud.

Just to let you know you're not wasting your breath, and this poster at least agrees and shares your frustrations. :city::city:

Well as the majority of city fans who don't rate Roberts know #### all about football 'quote' then he must be brilliant.Also what is a 'large minority',nice one.

If it hurts that much that you want to rip up your season ticket don't give it to me ,I could sell it.

Ever heard of freedom of speech guys,each to there own.

Noggy,rest Lita now,3 mins 'till Roberts holiday. :city:

Having put tat i just read a topic with a couple of post saying he took of his shirt in the dug out and threw it down whilst sat down, not sure if its right or not as i wasnt watching him after he turned back to the dug out.

If he has thrown the shirt down he can p**s off right away, i know we all get annoyed but tha takes the mick. I'm not his biggest fan bt have given him time to prove himself, he has impressed me this season at times, boro away for one, he worked hard and held the bll up very well awaiting support.

At the end of the day for me it comes down to one thing did he throw the shirt on the floor? If he did he's lost any support from myself, and many people around me, and no doubt tins

I sit behind the dugouts and he did take his shirt off, drop it on the ground and put a tracksuit top on. He could have put the top on over his shirt but he appeared to be making a point! That, together with his leisurely stroll off the pitch when subbed on Wednesday and Saturday, really showed what the guy is all about. Such an attitude and arrogant to the extreme. It would be better if he made a fresh start somewhere else.

Guest MaloneFM

So when you don't want to start a list up with your names on it saying 'we love a player who gets our money and who does not give a toss' its regurgitated codswallop?

When more than one contributor here says they are sick of his attitude its codswallop again?

When he throws the shirt down and calls Millen a waiter..well it did say ##**er. Codswallop again?

Hands (wings?)up all the ostriches on here. Better still gets your beaks out the sand.

100% talented? Me as well!

So when you don't want to start a list up with your names on it saying 'we love a player who gets our money and who does not give a toss' its regurgitated codswallop?

When more than one contributor here says they are sick of his attitude its codswallop again?

When he throws the shirt down and calls Millen a waiter..well it did say ##**er. Codswallop again?

Hands (wings?)up all the ostriches on here. Better still gets your beaks out the sand.

100% talented? Me as well!

Don't understand your first sentence. Looks like more codswallop.

Certain contributors, notably including you, have been permanently " sick of his attitude" for no reason for a very long time. Whether he's played well, badly or indifferently.

Hence once again you exaggerrate an incident - did he in fact 'throw' his shirt down? Did he swear at Millen, if so, you're saying so is the first i've heard of it.

But lets accept for a moment that it's fact.

We're talking about a player who is loudly abused by the likes of you every game.

A player who has been substituted in just about every game he has started this season, whether he's been our better striker on the day or not.

A player who understandably does not feel inclined to celebrate with fans, some of whom have been giving him vicious personal abuse only moments earlier.

A player who argues with 2 of his team -mates. Right, Roberts MUST be in the wrong then - it couldn't be that they are continually playing ridiculous high balls forward which he has no chance of getting. Possibly even against pre-match instructions?

I would say Millen has a lot to prove when it comes to making substitutions. At the moment it seems 'Roberts off' is always his first thought, even if as on Saturday, he is our more effective attacker and has only 2 minutes earlier ripped the Huddersfield defence to shreds to very nearly set up an easy goal for his on the day anonymous strike partner.

If Roberts is completely pissed off at the moment, then no wonder. I would be if i was him. Scurrilously treated by the fans, almost always sustituted however he's playing, and now apparently possibly the scapegoat for some of his team-mates when things aren't going well.

I think you'll get your way and he may well ask for a transfer. Disgraceful reflection on Bristol City and some of it's fans if it does come to that.

If he does, while you wll no doubt be ecstatic, i fear for the likes of Wilkshire, Miller and Goodfellow. Fans who include in their 'support' for Bristol City the need to mercilessly persecute an individual player will require a new whipping boy to heap their spite on and these three look particularly vulnerable.

Which one do you reckon it will be MaloneFM?

How can you slag off the substitution though?

We were losing when he came off, and we drew, that seems like a decent sub to me.

Oh, and his strike partner who should of came off according to you, scored, again.

You mean the penalty, well he was on the pitch to score it wasn't he. He'd done little else. Don't forget we went further behind after the substitution before we came back for the fortuitous draw.

I'm criticising the substitution because it wasn't necessary. Roberts started the 2nd half well and i wouldn't have made a change up front for at least another 10 minutes. I haven't said Lita should have been substituted.

As for Heffernan, if he is going to come on it would make sense occasionally for him to come on for Lita as they are very similar players. It is him who is keeping Heffernan out of the team.

If you're going to say Lita couldn't be substituted because although he's not playing very well we might get a penalty, and he might score it, then fair enough, but Roberts must feel that the no.18 is going to be raised every game however he's playing and that simply can't be right.

How can you slag off the substitution though?

We were losing when he came off, and we drew, that seems like a decent sub to me.

Oh, and his strike partner who should of came off according to you, scored, again.

Yep and it was his sole contribution too...and even then some say it wasnt a penalty.

Neither player should have started, but come on as subs...but there again what do we know- would have been better with Heff and Miller starting, cos Robbo, and Leeeeeeeeeeroy aint exactly tall are they. Heff looked a lot better than either of them too, and Millers height forced errors...which bringing those two on later in the game may have been able to exploit.

Both players had effective spells, and BOTH had indifferent spells. Robbos reaction has to be punished, and will be, but one can hardly fail to understand his frustration, at the substitution, because at that time he was the more effective player,...rather similar to Lee Millers situation last season, viz a viz Leapy. No doubt Heffernan will turn the same way too, through frustration, and probably Gillespie too.

Our manager, and his assistant are not covering themselves in glory over this issue, and its NOT to the CLUB's benefit....

I really want to stay out of these Roberts threads, but, it is impossible when the comments are so anti him it is untrue.

No player subbed should ever be happy if they have the belief they can do something about the situation and the same player should not be subbed every game.

The substitution was early and undeserved.

I wonder if Leroy or Tommy would of reacted in the same way at being subbed if this rather pathetic attempt to get on a player's back would still be continuing?

Actually, I don't wonder; I know the answer is NO!

Not sure if anyone will remember this, what with it being a whole month ago, but following the Port Vale defeat Tinnion said.

I'm going to pick myself in every game now, along with ten others who have the desire to play for this club

Since then Roberts has been a regular starter, so at least the manager thinks that Robbo has the desire to play for us even if some of the fans cant see it.

Guest MaloneFM

My dear Nogbad

Once again in to the breach.

I have seen the 'sign here if you love Roberts' threads. Frankly I have never rated a player that much to join in on such a pointless excercise. Not even Dzakanowski and he walked on water. And I know the internet was not about then. Thanks.

Anyone that comes near you and does not kiss his a s s is instantly wrong. There the first load of codswallop in non codswallop. Although...

I have seen him play better but not as well as I personally would like and more than one other on here. Which is the point of this isn't it? The same as you have not seem him put a foot wrong. But even playing better he still has a massive chip and a low workrate.

The incident with the shirt. How do YOU know I am exaggerating? Where you there as well? There is also someone on here who saw the same incident. Are they a liar..sorry..exaggerating as well?

I have heard loud abuse of a player. In the infamous friendly against Chelsea when Ian Baird showed what he thought of the Atyeo, THAT was loud abuse. Robbie Savage gets loud abuse wherever he goes. Beckham the same when he was in England after the World Cup in France.

Any ex Rovers players that show their face out of that tunnel. Can you seriously compare what we gave Hollowhead with what we give Roberts?

What he gets is not orchestrated hate. He gets sproadic grumblers including me. The occasional shouting. I have heard it. I am there and doing it. Remember? I heard the subbers singing 'one Christian Roberts' when he was substituted. Were they shouted down? If they were I missed it then.

How many times did Miller throws his shirt down last season when Sergeant Wilson took him off for Lita? And it happened a hell of a lot as you know. How many times did he chuck his teddy out of the pram in the dugout? He didn't.

Celebrating goals with the fans. He should show some sign of recognition to the people who pay his wages. Not get moody because it makes a bad situation worse. Suddenly he is the hero so to capitalise on it and make it better for himself he sulks away? If anything most players including Torpey used to go nuts just to prove their point. Murray has had a rough time since he came back finding his form again but every goal, his or not, he celebrates like its christmas. I want that, you should want that. None of this 'poor Chris its because they are on his back he is sooo sad'.

How many times does Tinman argue with the same players as Roberts? How many times does ANYONE argue with the same players as Roberts? He was having a go at Smithy before the start of the second half. Shouldn't Lita have been having a go as well? Millen? Anyone? If a player is clearly doing something wrong it must have been noticed by more than one player..shouldn't it?

I agree with you on the point of Millen..see I am not a total git after all!

We needed someone in the box to get on the end of Murrays 500 crosses and corners. The choice was Lita who can jump like a kangaroo and flick it on or Roberts who is not the best in the air. See I am being nice again..I got to stop this now.

Roberts will not ask for a transer. None of them will until a better offer comes in. All this 'I was driven out' stuff from footballers is cobblers as is the kissing the badge bit...Alan Smith I am looking at you. And you Rooney.

They are big big boys and earn a lot of money doing this. So do the managers. There will always be crowd favorites and those that follow in the pack. And if those that follow in the pack have got any sense they play to the people who pay the wages.

I give you as my examples Liam Robinson and Gary Owers. Liam was hopeless. He had no pace, very little control but effort. I don't know of anyone who didn't like Robinson even though he was c r a p. He scored against Peterborough and turned to the Williams with a 'how the hell did THAT happen' look on his face. Owers was the same only without the comic gurning to the crowd. I even told Owers he had a stinker once to his face after. And he smiled and said 'sorry mate'. But you forgave them because you knew they gave a toss.

This is not a big club and he is not Tierry Henry. He was at Exeter and we changed his career. AT this level the pitch is not big enough for anyone to go strolling around like they own the place. WE own the place. And WE and I include the directors and sponsors pay the players. They owe us. Every week.

If all this really bothers Roberts and I doubt that it does and HE wants it changed rather than you, its a very simple process. Same game different attitude.

And now back to Uncle Bruce..

Roger Malone

When he can be arsed he is very good. But he just cant cut it often enough if at all.

I've been reading a lot of what you have been saying Rog; and unlike some Robbo supporters can understand a lot of it (although don't think he is bad that often; think lately there are a lot of players far more inconsistent).

Got to say; this statement does not quite read right though.

One half you agree that he can be good at times; second half questioning if there ever is times when he is good; if you get my drift! ;)

I agree fully with you.

Roberts wasn't at all happy about being subbed today. Of course NO player really likes being subbed if fit, but I thought Roberts had a fair chance today and a change was needed. I would have thought Roberts of all people would understand, as he last season was often on the subs bench himself or dropped. He must know how the others are feeling not getting a game? I suppose it is good that he feels he should be out there and that he wants to be part of it, but to show so openly his upset he did himself no favours today. These things should be kept inside the dressing room, IMO.

As it was I thought Heffernan again added little to the game. He was given a decent amount of time to make an impact and offered no better options than Roberts who he replaced. I want to like him, especially as I am half Irish! , but I find it difficult to see how he was such a prolific scorer last season?  :o

The next game I would like to see Miller, or Gillespe, afforded a similar amount of time. Again Lee looked good, or as good as he could look in a whole 8 minuites! Maybe the LDV would be a great chance for Roberts and Lita to be rested? Lita has been pretty faultless but it looks like Tinnion has found the Robbo/Lita combo works and is reluctant to alter it too much.

RedM i am only quarter irish, from the neck upwards what half of you is irish????

Archived