IGNORED

Christian Roberts - Merged Threads

freezer

have no problem with players being upset at coming off, infact it's good as it shows that they want to continue and enjoy playing btu Roberts throw the shirt away and wanted to storm off. In my mind the bloke is a waste of time and space he thinks he is world class when infact he isn't. He needs to take a reality check and I think dropping him is the best way to do that.

Guest seaCider_red
have no problem with players being upset at coming off, infact it's good as it shows that they want to continue and enjoy playing btu Roberts throw the shirt away and wanted to storm off. In my mind the bloke is a waste of time and space he thinks he is world class when infact he isn't. He needs to take a reality check and I think dropping him is the best way to do that.

well said wesco

Guest seaCider_red
I think Robbo is justifiably p1 ssed off with constantly being subbed and its looking increasingly likely he'll be off to another club if he gets the chance.

good i will pay his petrol money one way.

imagine you were playing for cardiff and had your home fans singing "stand up if you hate the english" just because you missed controlled a pass, because thats what i heard during the first half (obviously it was "stand up if you hate the welsh". but its exactly the same thing).

home fans singing racist songs especially at their own players is unnaceptable!

Not sure why this is a love Roberts forum and why for some reason fans applaud everything he does!!!, am I missing something- never had much faith in the bloke myself especially after his display at Cardiff in the playoffs (I understand not celebrating a goal against your team (prev. game), but not turning up, especially in front of the Cardiff "boys", loons in the corner, where he seemed to give the ball away every time, which also happened to be right in front of us!!!).

If I had my way I would give him 3 games to

1. Improve his attitude

2. Improve consistent work rate

3. Play as part of the team

If he does not show any of the above then he would find himself on loan at Swansea.

:@ :city::city::city::city::city::(:(:( :@

Roberts did indeed look pissed off and his casual approach to leaving the pitch slowly when we were trying to rescue the game certainly didn't help. Yes he did look like he was about to walk straight to the tunnel but was stopped by Millen.

So what, that is just Roberts - his style is laid back and casual. He struts around as if he doesn't care and isn't trying, but we all know what he can do when at his best. I think he is a key player for us and has a lot to offer.

He gets more abuse than most, possibly because of his own attitude and style - rarely applauds the fans, doesn't do much to endear himself to fans and others. The complete opposite to Tins or Murray (in fact I think Phillips gets accused of the same). Doesn't mean he doesn't care or isn't trying, just a matter of style.

Interestingly when you read other message boards Roberts is often the one singled out as a good player, a mean looking b****** and a player they were glad was taken off!

Roberts did indeed look pissed off and his casual approach to leaving the pitch slowly when we were trying to rescue the game certainly didn't help.  Yes he did look like he was about to walk straight to the tunnel but was stopped by Millen.

So what, that is just Roberts - his style is laid back and casual.  He struts around as if he doesn't care and isn't trying, but we all know what he can do when at his best.  I think he is a key player for us and has a lot to offer. 

He gets more abuse than most, possibly because of his own attitude and style - rarely applauds the fans, doesn't do much to endear himself to fans and others.  The complete opposite to Tins or Murray (in fact I think Phillips gets accused of the same).  Doesn't mean he doesn't care or isn't trying, just a matter of style.

Interestingly when you read other message boards Roberts is often the one singled out as a good player, a mean looking b****** and a player they were glad was taken off!

I'm not knocking the bloke on his day he can be an exceptional, a lot of people have forgotten that he scored 2 crucial goals last season to get us into the playoff final. I also reakon there is a connection bewteen his relationship with the fans and the amount of stick he gets, particularly the kind that has nothing to do with football.

Not sure why this is a love Roberts forum and why for some reason fans applaud everything he does!!!, am I missing something- never had much faith in the bloke myself especially after his display at Cardiff in the playoffs (I understand not celebrating a goal against your team (prev. game), but not turning up, especially in front of the Cardiff "boys", loons in the corner, where he seemed to give the ball away every time, which also happened to be right in front of us!!!).

If I had my way I would give him 3 games to

1. Improve his attitude

2. Improve consistent work rate

3. Play as part of the team

If he does not show any of the above then he would find himself on loan at Swansea.

:city: :@ :city: :@ :city: :@ :city: :@ :city: :@ :(

If you play aerial balls into the box then yeah.

If you play it to feet, not so emphatically sure of my answer being yeah...

When the ball was played into the box along the ground neither of the strikers went to the near post, the 'keeper was allowed to cut out everything.

To be honest i'm now at the point where i hope to god that Robbo leaves and finds himself another club, because the way in which he is treated by this one is nothing short of an absolute dsgrace.

Yet again we see the striker who is playing better than the other pulled off for no other reason than the fans love Leeroy and he can do no wrong, i still haven't seen Murray getting cricufied because he missed 2 chances that i could have stuck away, and had that been Robbo the forum would be full of people abusing him non stop, but because it's someone else and the majority of City fans know absolutely ###### all about football, nothing is said. I am at the stage where i am so ashamed by the behaviour of a large minority of our fans that i really don't enjoy going to city games anymore, when some complete ######s started that if you all hate the welsh chant in the Atyeo yesturday which was so obviously aimed at Robbo as was there another welshman on the pitch, i wanted to tear up my season ticket and leave.

Every single game i go to now my passion for this club is getting smaller and smaller as i slowly remove the rose tinted specs and realise what a complete bunch of ######s a hefty portion of City fans really are.

I used to love this club but i am fast getting to the point where i don't and it's nothing to do with what is happening on the pitch, it's all to do with ######s in the stands who claim to support this club.

Personally yesturday i wouldn't have started Robbo anyway, neither would i have started Lita, they were both obviously knackered, and if Tinman had an ounce of nous and actually watch huddersfield he may have noticed that Neither Lita or Robbo were going to get much joy out of their defence, Huddersfield defend ikn numbers closing down everything meaning that long balls were going to end up being played a fair bit, yet we leave our only tall striker on the bench for a vast portion of the game.  In the end we are i feel lucky that we scored so late as if we had pulled it back to 3-3 10/15 mins earlier they could easily have scored again as when they wanted to they were scoring at will, they attacked with pace and numbers and our defence couldn't cope except Hill and Smith who had ok games, Coles in the first half was dismal, Butler cost us the second goal by missing a simple tackle.

I agree with the second part of your post Spud, Wednesday MUST have had some effect, where I can't agree is that no matter how poorly Leroy was playing (and it was fairly poorly) his current record says he scores goals. Graham Taylor was rightly castigated for taking Lineker off once and Tinns and Millen would have rightly been as well. You can't score goals sat on the bench.

Guest MaloneFM

He should have left at the end of last season. I love the we should get off his back attitude. We pay his wages-he works for us. He us at work. If you do something that p i s s e s your employers off you try to rectify it because you know you will be sacked.

Simple really.

We have had players here before who have had as much stick as him, sometimes more. You have to get your head down and get on with it and cut the attitude.

The goal against Everton he didn't know much about and I get the impression he knew it was a own goal so not guilty there. The strop on saturday-guilty as hell. The 10 minute whine at Smithy before the second half kicked off-guilty.

Some of you on here going under the names of ChristianRobertsisGod and similar think he can do no wrong. I think he can. So can several others.

I can NOT get behind someone who I pay my money to and underperforms. Nor can I get behind a player who strolls around moaning when we are behind. I have not mentioned here his meger playing attributes because that is a never ending story of opinions. Neither have I mentioned him being Welsh which seems to be the main plank of his defence. Its mainly an English/Welsh thing. What was it with Tony Thorpe then? He had a chip as well.

I cant support a player who does not support the team.

Some of us-including me (noticed?) find him very frustrating to watch.

Well,after all that I 'spose the anwser is:-

1/If you like Roberts you still do.

2/If you dislike Roberts you still do.

No change there then.

OH and if he did take his City shirt off and throw it on the floor(is that true?)then I'll have a comment on that as well.

Oh and don't you think it's about time we rested Lita now as he's still scoring,Nogbad where are you?. :city:

OH and if he did take his City shirt off and throw it on the floor(is that true?)then I'll have a comment on that as well.

I didnt see him take off his city shirt. He got given a training top and put that on his shoulder and started to go to the tunnel but keith 'it's ok brian i can make good subs' millen stopped him and made him sit on the bench.

imagine you were playing for cardiff and had your home fans singing "stand up if you hate the english" just because you missed controlled a pass, because thats what i heard during the first half (obviously it was "stand up if you hate the welsh". but its exactly the same thing).

home fans singing racist songs especially at their own players is unnaceptable!

2 fin true

I love the we should get off his back attitude. We pay his wages-he works for us. He us at work. If you do something that p i s s e s your employers off you try to rectify it because you know you will be sacked.

Simple really.

Just one small matter we do not pay his wages, we contribute to the running of the club by paying our money to watch games. If we were a plc with shares etc then yes you could say we payed his wages, but we aint so therefore in my eyes we do not pay his wages.

As for sacking him, get real, we will have to pay off his contract and an amount of compensation, good idea a less than well off club being put into trouble by sacking players!!!!

Someone pass me my gun

For me, Roberts is full of pride for HIMSELF but has NO passion for Bristol City Football Club. There are others who are just not good enough but they give 100%. Roberts has the ability to be a good player but does not have the right attitude to go with it. He has never played with passion for City and as faf as I`m concerned we need to get rid of him. I want to see players play with passion for City just like the Hunters, Taylors and Gows of this world. Yes I am having a go at Roberts because he falls way short of what I expect from a City player. Yes he wanted to go straight to the dressing room until Millen told him to sit down and even then he took his shirt off and chucked it on the ground.

Cheers mate,thought it sounded a bit dodgy, after all if you did that might as well p##s on the thing as well.

:city:

Having put tat i just read a topic with a couple of post saying he took of his shirt in the dug out and threw it down whilst sat down, not sure if its right or not as i wasnt watching him after he turned back to the dug out.

If he has thrown the shirt down he can p**s off right away, i know we all get annoyed but tha takes the mick. I'm not his biggest fan bt have given him time to prove himself, he has impressed me this season at times, boro away for one, he worked hard and held the bll up very well awaiting support.

At the end of the day for me it comes down to one thing did he throw the shirt on the floor? If he did he's lost any support from myself, and many people around me, and no doubt tins

I appreciate he's welsh, but what has he actually done wrong to deserve the hatred vented by some people on this forum. :city:

For a while now i've read with some amusement the constant bickering that occurs over him, but seriously, have i missed something?

Archived