IGNORED

Christian Roberts - Merged Threads

freezer

Heff comes for the ball when the midfielders have it linking the play, roberts doesnt seem to know what this means, no doubt roberts is effective when he isnt required to play the role of linking the midfield, but today when service was awful in the first half roberts had to do this and didnt. Heff gave this option when he came on and i noticed we scored 2 times when he was on the pitch.

I know he didnt directly affect the play but his movement causes problems, just wish that the midfield would see some of the runs he makes.

As for tinnion changing the game, i think not, he didnt really do a lot lets be honest, he bought himself on to be the leader we were clearly lacking and wasnt in the slightest commanding in the midfield.

Robbo is great, actually having a conversation with me today, confirmed what i already knew, Robbo is a legend!

Can you back up why he is a legend? Or is he a legend like atyeo, taylor, allison, cheesley, tinnion, richie, alan dicks, joe jordan i could go on.

If you count roberts in this league of real legends than i find your judgement of a legend a tad disturbing

I'm using the word 'legend' in a different context, for christ sake :@ why does everyone get so wound up about words like legend on this forum :whistle:

I get wound up because the word legend is used in such stupid ways nowadays, to say any of the current squad other than tinman are legends is absurd.

I don't care what context you use it in, roberts is most certainly not a legend

No we need miller at front with leroy.

Slight correction, old bean: We need Lee Miller, plus ONE FROM Robbo, Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeroy, Heff, or Gilly............1 lanky git, and one speedy short@ rse!!!No performee (Any of em, including Leeeeeeeeeeeeeroy) no finishee game!!

IMHO, Heff & Miller caused quite a few problems for the Norvern gits!!

As much as I have the Roberts signature on my posts, I am not ashamed to say that today he had a bad day at the office, which wasn't helped by is attitude when he was brought off.

Miller looked sharp when brought on (as sharp as you can look in all of 8 minutes, anyway) and looks pretty hungry.

I'd say give him a go Brian :whistle:

As we are only playing Chesterfield next week, how about resting Christian Roberts on the bench, and allowing Heffernen and Miller to link up front, and let's see what happens??. Lita on the bench as well, and when all isn't going our way with 30 mins to go, bring on Roberts and Lita. Simple!!,  :D

Ck me, someone with sense at kin last!!!!! :me?::D:whistle: My God, aint it simple???

As much as I have the Roberts signature on my posts, I am not ashamed to say that today he had a bad day at the office, which wasn't helped by is attitude when he was brought off.

I'm so wound up by his attitude when he left its unbelievable.

:@

I mean I know he's disappointed at being brought off, but why waste time when we were losing? ARGH!

cant blame the geezer for getting is hair off yesterday.the h/t talk must have been along the lines of sort it or tins will change it.now was it me or did we come straight out the blocks and looked alot better but then tinker tins changes it after 5 mins. :city:

We did, but I thought Orr was unluckier to come off than him, he was having to do all the running in midfield alongside Doherty who looked shattered after 10 minutes and hardly left the centre circle.

I'm no Roberts hater, but what had he actually done? I thought he'd be off at half time for Miller myself.

To be honest i'm now at the point where i hope to god that Robbo leaves and finds himself another club, because the way in which he is treated by this one is nothing short of an absolute dsgrace.

Yet again we see the striker who is playing better than the other pulled off for no other reason than the fans love Leeroy and he can do no wrong, i still haven't seen Murray getting cricufied because he missed 2 chances that i could have stuck away, and had that been Robbo the forum would be full of people abusing him non stop, but because it's someone else and the majority of City fans know absolutely ###### all about football, nothing is said. I am at the stage where i am so ashamed by the behaviour of a large minority of our fans that i really don't enjoy going to city games anymore, when some complete ######s started that if you all hate the welsh chant in the Atyeo yesturday which was so obviously aimed at Robbo as was there another welshman on the pitch, i wanted to tear up my season ticket and leave.

Every single game i go to now my passion for this club is getting smaller and smaller as i slowly remove the rose tinted specs and realise what a complete bunch of ######s a hefty portion of City fans really are.

I used to love this club but i am fast getting to the point where i don't and it's nothing to do with what is happening on the pitch, it's all to do with ######s in the stands who claim to support this club.

Personally yesturday i wouldn't have started Robbo anyway, neither would i have started Lita, they were both obviously knackered, and if Tinman had an ounce of nous and actually watch huddersfield he may have noticed that Neither Lita or Robbo were going to get much joy out of their defence, Huddersfield defend ikn numbers closing down everything meaning that long balls were going to end up being played a fair bit, yet we leave our only tall striker on the bench for a vast portion of the game. In the end we are i feel lucky that we scored so late as if we had pulled it back to 3-3 10/15 mins earlier they could easily have scored again as when they wanted to they were scoring at will, they attacked with pace and numbers and our defence couldn't cope except Hill and Smith who had ok games, Coles in the first half was dismal, Butler cost us the second goal by missing a simple tackle.

I noticed on Wednesday that he didn't celebrate the goals, even the one where he got the assist, he actually looked pissed off. Also when he was replaced by Heff on Wed, he tried to shake his hand but Robbo ignored him. I didnt notice it meself yesterday but apparently he was unhappy to be taken off and tried to strop off straight down the tunnel.

Can understand him being frustrated, he keeps getting subbed and he gets totally unjustified stick from certain moronic elements in the crowd. But that sort of behaviour ain't good for team spirit.

I think Robbo is justifiably p1 ssed off with constantly being subbed and its looking increasingly likely he'll be off to another club if he gets the chance.

Well so long as he goes faster than he walked off yesterday :city: no, seriously throwing your toys out of the pram wont do it Mr Roberts, what if Miller and Heffer did the same at having to spend most of the season sitting on the bench :city:

Play him behind the front 2 of either Lita and Miller/Heffer let him run at players thats what hes best at (apparently) :city:

Guest bristolbred
I think Robbo is justifiably p1 ssed off with constantly being subbed and its looking increasingly likely he'll be off to another club if he gets the chance.

Don't think he'll have much say in the matter if Tins and the Board decide to ship him off to Blackpool!!!.

Bit of a trek from Baadiff if you have a wife and family to support and spend quality time with.

Well so long as he goes faster than he walked off yesterday :city: no, seriously throwing your toys out of the pram wont do it Mr Roberts, what if Miller and Heffer did the same at having to spend most of the season sitting on the bench :city:

Play him behind the front 2 of either Lita and Miller/Heffer let him run at players thats what hes best at (apparently) :city:

If I remember correctly, Robbo had to endure this treatment for the nearly whole of last season, constantly subbed, plus constantly played out of position. Little surprise he's p1 ssed off.

Guest bristolbred
I get wound up because the word legend is used in such stupid ways nowadays,

LEGEND: noun, story handed down from the past, such stories collectively; inscription on a coin or medal. Traditional Literature; famous, renowned, person or event.

So, what was it we were all talking about??, :city:

The radio commented today that when taken off wanted to go straight down tunnel and had to be held back by KM.

A sign he has had enough now? Anyone see it and care to comment?

I sit in the Williams stand and this is true, he did the same when he was substitued against Everton. I haven't posted on this subject before but have to admit to not being a fan of his. There appears to be an attitude problem with him which I can't put my finger on. Ever since his "goal celebrations" against Cardiff there has been a number of fans that turned against him, problem is I cannot think of an occasion where he has gone out of his way to turn this situation around. He looked pretty sad after his assist for Lita's goal against Everton when all the other players were celebrating and he just strolled back to the half way line alone. Maybe this points to a problem in itself. Do the other players not get on with him ?

LEGEND: noun, story handed down from the past, such stories collectively; inscription on a coin or medal. Traditional Literature; famous, renowned, person or event.

So, what was it we were all talking about??,  :city:

Excellent response, i applaud you.

I also get that big slice of humble pie and eat it. While cleaning my set of city coins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest seaCider_red
:city: He's got a problem,when subbed he did'nt want to sit in the dug out but "go for a shower".

When Millen told him to sit down he called him a WA**ER!

Team spirit? :city:

never accept anyone who takes there city shirt off and throws it on the floor . hes a disgrace and not fit to wear the city shirt.

The guy was unfairly substituted for christ sake! anyone who is not annoyed about being taken off after having a good start to the 2nd half doesnt deserve to wear the shirt! The bloke is passionate and i can understand why he had that reaction, braley orr didnt seem to chuffed either

The guy was unfairly substituted for christ sake! anyone who is not annoyed about being taken off after having a good start to the 2nd half doesnt deserve to wear the shirt! The bloke is passionate and i can understand why he had that reaction, braley orr didnt seem to chuffed either

This is all well and good but he over stepped a line. He wanted to go and shower etc. instead of staying and showing his support for the team.

Can you not see that this is over stepping the line? It's not because roberts did it, if tinamn had done it under wilson then i'd feel the same way.

Archived