IGNORED

Christian Roberts - Merged Threads

freezer

Well everyone,the crusade has been running for a little while now and I was wondering if any noticable changes had occured either on the forum or at matches towards Christian.

How can you tell when he is 'accepted' and what does that mean actually?.

By the way I've just looked at the sags site and if you think we got problembs look on there,it's dead with no meaningful discussion at all.

Yeah if you look you'll notice that I havn't signed up for the crusade as I reckon Mr Roberts ain't that great and also it alienates the rest of the squad by showing favouritism,but as long as he wears a City shirt and tries then he'll get my support.

I'm with Swindon Hater if he put in the effort on the pitch and played as well as he is capable of then I would behind him 110 % but lastnight I felt sorry for the other 10 players on the pitch as they worked their socks off while he went for a stroll and made and effort when he had a chance to score

Bit harsh IMO Wesco. I'm not his greatest fan but I will acknowledge when he plays well I thought he was lively last night.

Great run and cross for Lita's goal.

I also find that it's quite exciting in home games having Murray, Roberts and Lita in the side running at the opposition. If Aaron had stayed we would have been awesome!

He seems to go missing in a few too many away games though...

• Admin
Bit harsh IMO Wesco. I'm not his greatest fan but I will acknowledge when he plays well I thought he was lively last night.

Great run and cross for Lita's goal.

I also find that it's quite exciting in home games having Murray, Roberts and Lita in the side running at the opposition. If Aaron had stayed we would have been awesome!

He seems to go missing in a few too many away games though...

When Goody returns we could field a front end a little something like this:

Roberts Lita

Goodfella Wilkshire Doherty Murray

Unfortunately I think it's lacking a certain 'je ne sais pas', pace perhaps? :(

Roberts Lita

Goodfella Wilkshire Doherty Murray

Unfortunately I think it's lacking a certain 'je ne sais pas', pace perhaps?  :(

The "je ne sais pas" thats missing is defensive strength down the left side.

That said I'd like to see G'fellow played wide left at AG but I can't see BT risking him away from home.

lastnight I felt sorry for the other 10 players on the pitch as they worked their socks off while he went for a stroll and made and effort when he had a chance to score

Is this some kind of joke? I know you're not Roberts' biggest fan and your criticism after Saturday's performance wes entirely justified but to criticise him after Wednesday's performance?! :( He challenged for almost every header (I only remember one where he stood off), he made some excellent runs and never gave up. A prime example being when the ball looked like it was looping aimlessly out of play, Roberts ran half the width of the pitch, kept it in with a diving header where it fell to Orr who was able to create a chance. He wasn't perfect, who is? But to single him out as the only one not giving 100% is, frankly, ludicrous.

Is this some kind of joke? I know you're not Roberts' biggest fan and your criticism after Saturday's performance wes entirely justified but to criticise him after Wednesday's performance?!  :whistle:  He challenged for almost every header (I only remember one where he stood off), he made some excellent runs and never gave up. A prime example being when the ball looked like it was looping aimlessly out of play, Roberts ran half the width of the pitch, kept it in with a diving header where it fell to Orr who was able to create a chance. He wasn't perfect, who is? But to single him out as the only one not giving 100% is, frankly, ludicrous.

Sorry but will you ever post a unbiased post when talking about him?

Why all this fuss about roberts? He's like any other player he plays well at times and he plays terribly at times, name me one player who hasnt?

All the roberts fans, just shut up he's a big boy who can handle the critics, god knows his head is big enough (not necessarily a bad thing), and all you roberts hater shut up as well, i personally get fed up when any player who plays well gets criticised, especially after the team performance on wednesday.

Yes he has had some absolute shockers where he goes hiding but every player who has ever played for the city has had the odd game where its not going well and they go hiding a bit.

If by 'is roberts accepted' you mean is it accepted that he will have bad games and fans just say oh well, hes human it will happen, than no he hasnt.

On a totally different matter anyone see Amankwaah leave the ground at about 6.45 with an annoyed expression on his face on wednesday?

Give it a rest! :Sleep12:

If that was aimed at me I find that offensive from someone who posts 4 words and a 'humorous' smiley, offering no opinion at all.

Roberts like phillps, hill, orr, wilkshire and anyone who plays in the centre of midfield with tommy (other than tinman) all get stick and its sometimes justified but sometimes its purely people picking on them for the sake of it, which is a s pointless as your last post! Or are you one of those who likes to up there post count for no reason other than to try to seem important on this forum? We all have opinions and this is mine do not disagree, if that is what you were doing, without backing it up. It's just plain politeness

So guys,it now looks as though 'the crusade' to get Christian Roberts 'accepted' has changed to a much less inflamatory 'don't pick on him' theme,valid point but no matter how many different slants you put on it you either like Roberts or you don't,you either like Phillips or you don't,Doherty,Miller etc. etc.

The point is,we're all City supporters,each in our own way,some sing some don't,some moan some don't,If we all can't express our own or collective opinions after spending our hard earned dosh down the Gate then what's the point of going?.

Let's be fair,Christian has had a good run in the team if he can't or won't do the business to please the manager-board-or fans then he'll be dropped or/and will take some stick,that's why he puts the shirt on,it's cruel but that's football.

Crusades aside time will tell,If Mr Roberts ends up top scorer leading us into promotion, great,if not live with it,we're a football club not one player,and we're individuals entitled to our own opinions without the fear of being labelled as a 'crusader' or 'non-crusader'.

Respect. :whistle:

We all want to like Roberts and are willing him to be great. Unfortunately he isn't great and he is lazy. No one doubts his ability to turn it on now and then, but sadly it all all too rare and inbetween he does himself no favours with the fans by merely going through the motions. I don't understand this obsession with defending him, as if he is an unfortunate victim.

Guest wishbone

Spongebob, I'm sorry you're so easily offened!

My comments were not direccted at you, but merely my opinion that this Roberts crusade has gone on long enough and is very boring now.

All players gat stick in their turn & Roberts is getting on with it like I think we all should.

don't be so touchy. :whistle:

The radio commented today that when taken off wanted to go straight down tunnel and had to be held back by KM.

A sign he has had enough now? Anyone see it and care to comment?

I saw it and with an attitude like that he should be dropped, he is lucky to be on the pitch anyway cause he is crap.

no disrespect to Christian. He is a great player and i like him but i think it is time for him to step aside for Paul Heffernan. When he came on it gave the front men a massive lift and i thought when he first came on he would turn the game around. He came on when we were 2:1 down at half time. But Lita, Roberts and Heffernan was good and all of you would have to say that the Defending let us down today :whistle:

here we go again!

its all roberts fault!!!!

personally i could not see the sense in taking roberts off, i didnt think it changed much up front we heffernan was on.

it was same old thing in the first half justhoof the ball to he two 5 ft tall strikers rather than play it to feet.

it was tinman who made the difference.

when he came on they all spurred up a bit

Archived