IGNORED

City Fan Injured By Ball Hit Towards Him

Never to the dark side

If you attend a football match you do so with the undoubtable knowlage there will be balls flying about.

So what if some guy got hit by a ball, it happens.

I got hit by a Peacock ball once and it gave me black nail, i fould it amusing and i felt special as if Leapy had picked me out expecially.

No action should be taken against the player, that is utterly stupid, just like the people who suggested this.

In fact, if this was in the USA the guy who got hit would be filing a law suit on the player and we would the all have to sit 40 yards from the touchline, would you prefer that?

I got hit by a Peacock ball once and it gave me black nail, i fould it amusing and i felt special as if Leapy had picked me out expecially.

To be hit by a Peacock ball, you could only have been in one of 2 places...row Z of the williams, or, maybe you were trying to chat up danny w and he took exception....

Ever played a real game of football Matt?

No didnt think so, so how can you say whats best decision at the time, did he know who was around him, did he really give a toss about the crowd he just cleared the ball like 100% of all pro's do, who cares how hard.

So Matt, what is the Max speed a player can clear a ball then?

and how would you implement it?

These are questions you don't have answers for so you are pritty much chatting through your backside

Good post CiderHider but I doubt that MattBCFC will listen, he is obviously upset by the 1-4.

"you cant educate pork"

I'd be very surprised if the player had set out to hurt a fan.

However, there was a crowd of people walking out the ground in that area which meant that the ball hit out between the height of two feet (the height of the advertising) and six feet would have connected with a fan. Therefore to blast the ball out so hard, and I mean really deliberately belt it as hard as he could, in that direction was reckless.

Playing football does not excuse him the accountability that he has for his actions.

I was deeply concerned for the fan and if anyone knows how he is and can provide an update it would be really appreciated. He has my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Good post CiderHider but I doubt that MattBCFC will listen, he is obviously upset by the 1-4.

"you cant educate pork"

we've been saying that to blades fans for many years..

I'd be very surprised if the player had set out to hurt a fan.

However, there was a crowd of people walking out the ground in that area which meant that the ball hit out between the height of two feet (the height of the advertising) and six feet would have connected with a fan. Therefore to blast the ball out so hard, and I mean really deliberately belt it as hard as he could, in that direction was reckless.

Playing football does not excuse him the accountability that he has for his actions.

I was deeply concerned for the fan and if anyone knows how he is and can provide an update it would be really appreciated. He has my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Same here, but having heard on the radio reports from City fans (draw on it what you would like) saying that whoever kicked the ball then proceeded to joke and laugh about it with his fellow defender was not on. It was a reckless and thoughtless clearance, but that is just my opinion.

I hope the fan is ok, and my thoughts are with him and his family.

Did anything else happen afterwards, I saw the ambulance coming in, I just hope he was ok.

There was no need for the player to do that, I know it may be spur of the moment but he could have just tapped it out, theres no excuse for this, it has nothing to do with football. I thoguht the same as bcfc Robin that the ball had hit the advertisment boards and I was sitting quite close, the ball came straight back on the pitch, with venom, for christ sake.

Were city fans waiting for him to come out afterwards?

we've been saying that to blades fans for many years..

"You cant educate pork

"

Nice comment there, truely is appreciated. :wacko:

Okay, point taken, but if my comments are so outrageous, and un-called for why were so many people making their similar opinions known to officials at "the gate" and that is not assumption that is 100% pure fact.

I apologise for stating my concerns and leave you to your juvenile insults!

I hope the fan is okay. Agree with you there Matt, something should of been done and that ref well absolutely terrible. You see we can do something well a little something http://www.ratetheref.co.uk

What I want to know is what happened the the extra time which should of been added, tell you what that ref was bloody pathetic. As for certain people in the Sheff Weds team who call themselves players well, an absolute disgrace.

Did anyone see all them police hanging about, was there a fight or something because we were in traffic for ages and i noted several police officers attempting to redirect people.

What I want to know is what happened the the extra time which should of been added, tell you what that ref was bloody pathetic. As for certain people in the Sheff Weds team who call themselves players well, an absolute disgrace.

The extra time, Clare, the person who was struck by the ball is/was seriously injured, and a very ugly atmosphere had been created. There was no reason for the game to continue.

The police were redirecting people so they could get the person who was struck out of the ground, into the ambulance and away from the ground.

There is no doubt that Brunt hit the ball as hard as he could but I thought he was aiming it at the City player between him and the crowd. So, when the City player moved out the way it went straight into the crowd. Clearly it was a 'Lavin' incident because Brunt could easily have ballooned it.

There is no doubt that Brunt hit the ball as hard as he could but I thought he was aiming it at the City player between him and the crowd.  So, when the City player moved out the way it went straight into the crowd.  Clearly it was a 'Lavin' incident because Brunt could easily have ballooned it.

Exactly my point but it seems that opinion makes you the minority because not everyone in the world wears "Rose-tinted" glasses.

I wouldnt bother giving any more opinions because you'll be termed "the villain".

i hope the bloke gets better, and i hope something will be done about this accident- I'm calling it an accident becuase I'm sure a proffesional player wouldnt purposly aim for a fan. i belive it was wrong hitting it that hard and at that hight but it was a accident.

No I see what you mean but what I'm trying to say is that we should of gone on. I'm sure the injured fan would of liked to see us carrying on and I hope he is okay. They were actually stopping people from walking down the Ashton Gate underpass which totally confused me  :wacko:

What happened caused a nasty atmosphere, you only needed the two sets of fans to come anywhere near each other for trouble to kick off so I guess the police made attempts to keep the two sets of supporters away from each other as far as possible.

I don't find it funny at all but i see no point in finishing the game early. The ref played another 2 -3 mins while the poor guy was being treated to so why not play extra time?

Guess we will have to hear from the official as why he did that. I don't know either.

Considering the time wasting and the sending off I was expecting 4 minutes anyway, add another 4 minutes (at least) for the incident in the 84th and you have 8 minutes of added time easily.

I hope we get a full and honest answer as to why the game was stopped right on the 90th minute, as although realistically we couldn't have drawn it, we did have at least 7/8 minutes to improve our goal difference by at least one (imagine if we lose out somehow by one goal this season, don't even want to think about it)

Considering the time wasting and the sending off I was expecting 4 minutes anyway, add another 4 minutes (at least) for the incident in the 84th and you have 8 minutes of added time easily.

I hope we get a full and honest answer as to why the game was stopped right on the 90th minute, as although realistically we couldn't have drawn it, we did have at least 7/8 minutes to improve our goal difference by at least one (imagine if we lose out somehow by one goal this season, don't even want to think about it)

Just a guess, but I saw the Ref talking to Tins while the guy was getting treated. I suspect it went along the lines of 'Things are getting a bit ugly, there's no way you're going to score 3 in 5 minutes. Do you agree that it would be sensible to finish the game after 90 minutes so everyone can calm down'. Tins was nodding in agreement .. probably thinking that if anyone was going to score another it was Wednesday.

• Admin
Just a guess, but I saw the Ref talking to Tins while the guy was getting treated.  I suspect it went along the lines of 'Things are getting a bit ugly, there's no way you're going to score 3 in 5 minutes. Do you agree that it would be sensible to finish the game after 90 minutes so everyone can calm down'.  Tins was nodding in agreement .. probably thinking that if anyone was going to score another it was Wednesday.

So when did Tinnion become the one "in charge", if this was the case at least it would have to be agreed between the two managers, who is to say that Paul Sturrock did not think his team could score another one or two, thus making their goal difference better.

The situation with the fan should not have affected the game on the pitch, the ref could not have deemed how serious the situation was off the pitch !

So no matter what way you look at it, it was a very strange decision from the official

Archived