IGNORED

City Fan Injured By Ball Hit Towards Him

Never to the dark side

but to really put end to it we couldnt of done nothing to get back into the game, the final wistle was blown and we cant do nothing about the past.

But you can't just dismiss the laws and general nature of football for no legit reason. We lost around 10% of the game today, because it happened in the past doesn't mean its right (even if Tinnion did agree to it)

Owls2K how would you like it if you got a ball smashed into your face and hoe many times have you seen a team 4-1 up blast a ball into the crowd there was no1 on him so why couldnt he tap it out it could have been the mans son think about it if it was a city player who done to one of your fans you would be saying what a disgrace this player is i think Brunt should get a fine if it was brunt who did it!!

:wacko:

Guest MaloneFM

Old Rogers ten pence worths..bloody new money.

They are 4-1 up the Wednesday player (whoever it was) wanted to hit the back of the stand like Danny Coles does every second week and we all go...'HOOORAYYY good clearance Danny..that'll waste time'.

It didn't. It was a mishit and an over reaction by the early leavers. How come no City players go involved in the row after. Because they could see it was unintentional and it could easily have been another Lavin case.

There has been a problem for ages with people standing pitchside and watching the last 10/15 minutes of a game. Sod anyone in the front few rows. If they cant see..go farther back.

The stewards have to clear this problem now. Once you leave your seat, you have to leave the stand. Supposing Matty Hill had gone after a ball, couldn't stop, goes over the hoardings and is stopped by someones head.

For gods sake someone start talking sense. Yes I feel sorry for the bloke that got hit with the ball. It was an accident. Now can we have the Dolman cleared properly before it happens again?

It was absolutly disgraceful behaviour, and i think that the player should get punnished, whether he ment it or not, it was still hugely irresponsible, and he can not be allowed to get away with it. If someone throws a brick (or other such heavy object) into the air, and it hits someone, should he be allowed to get away with it? The answer I think should be is that even though he didnt mean to hurt anyone, throwing the brick in the air was irresponsible and he should be punnished.

I feel that many of the people who have shared their opinions on this thread were not at the game, and therefore do not understand how unessercary what the player did was, the ball was hit stragiht out of play, this rarely happens in football, players will try to gain a few yards by trying to put it out of play a bit furthur up feild, and if, as many people have argued, that the player was trying to waste time, it is much more efficient to balloon the ball into the bac of the dolman, than to do what the player did.

However the incident showed what had been going on all game, the wednesday players were cheating yet again, and the ref failed to handle the situation in a reasonable way

If anything City will be in trouble for allowing fans to stand right up against the pitch for a prolonged amount of time. For as long as I can remember early leavers have stood there for up to 5 minutes just to get a quicker get-away after the match, it was only a matter of time before an incident of some sort would occur, especially as players taking a throw-in are literally within touching distance of these crowds.

Guest MaloneFM

I WAS at the game..were you? Just checking.

And was close enough to the incident to see the look on the Wednesdays players face when instead of it sailing to the back of the Dolman it went much lower.

His attempts to apologise to everybody that was near the ball. Stewards as well as he clearly could not see what had happened.

He apologised to most of the people in the ground.

And the 15 or so times he tried to explain what happened to anyone on the pitch that would listen while the club doctor and St John attended.

That was NOT intent.

Guest MaloneFM

Well the 'small kid' they loaded in the ambulance looked about 35 with a neck brace on and an oxygen mask.

I know because we went to the Red and White bar for a pint when we eventually got out.

He must have got really old in the last 15 minutes then.

I WAS at the game..were you? Just checking.

His attempts to apologise to everybody that was near the ball. Stewards as well as he clearly could not see what had happened.

He apologised to most of the people in the ground.

And the 15 or so times he tried to explain what happened to anyone on the pitch that would listen while the club doctor and St John attended.

That was NOT intent.

ME TOO, i was at the ground, i wasnt saying you wernt at the ground, it was a grenral comment at some of the other people who have replied.

He didnt appologise to me :wacko:

and i don't understand what your trying to say in the 'And the 15 or so times ........' paragraph

Judging from the reactions of the fans there it looked like the player said something not that nice to them after he smacked the ball in the fans face, hopefully that t##t Brunt will get a suspension atleast after doing that!

If it was Brunt.... I still think it was their Number 5, Branston

Guest MaloneFM

The ball went into the crowd..the player held up his hands to apologise to whoever it had it and approached the crowd. He got abuse..tons of it..he was saying that it was an accident..no odds we were losing and he was a villain.

The 15 times may have been an exaggeration but he told Tins at least 3 times what had happened and Tins put his arm around him. To my count he told anyone that asked on the pitch. Even some that didnt.

It was an accident..once again.

The ball went into the crowd..the player held up his hands to apologise to whoever it had it and approached the crowd. He got abuse..tons of it..he was saying that it was an accident..no odds we were losing and he was a villain.

The 15 times may have been an exaggeration but he told Tins at least 3 times what had happened and Tins put his arm around him. To my count he told anyone that asked on the pitch. Even some that didnt.

It may have been an accident, but that bald player who said to him 'don't worry about it he's faking it' was what mainly incensed the fans.

I agree, in my opinion, it was an accident. However, in view of the crowds leaving the ground at that point, he would have been aware that blasting the ball low in that direction would have connected with a member of the crowd.

I'm not sure that I agree his intention was to balloon it out into the crowd and only he can answer that question as he replays his actions in his head.

We are all responsible and accountable for our actions wherever we commit them in life. For example the bloke that smashed my wing mirror and drove off is accountable for the damage caused to my car. You may feel sorry for the player, personally, I feel sorry for the innocent victim.

It may have been an accident, but that bald player who said to him 'don't worry about it he's faking it' was what mainly incensed the fans.

That would have been Branston, that's why I thought he had done it cos of the fans' reaction to him.

I think you're all missing something...

I thought when he hit it that he'd hit it far too hard. He really gave it a lot of power and I could really understand why. Didnt other people think the same. And that was BEFORE I realised it had struck a fan.

I don't for one minute believe the player singled out someone in the crowd and I certainly don't think he meant to seriously injure someone.

But I CAN believe he deliberately thumped it into the crowd of people leaving the ground because he thought it would be 'funny'

My question to the player would be 'why did you need to hit the ball that hard into the stand ? 99 times out of a hundred you wouldnt do that.'

Of course I don't expect the player would have the honesty to admit he did it deliberately. He'd be up before the courts just the same as Lavin was.

Archived