IGNORED

City Fan Injured By Ball Hit Towards Him

Never to the dark side

Guest alex1089

the other bloke "swfc1867" called me a idiot so i said it back and i don't want to make a big debate out of nothing and i think we should just chat about the result and respect the man that got hit and hope he gets well soon.

Guest ChrisSWFC
Whilst I have agreed with ChrisSWFC here tonight, I think you have slightly let your fellow SWFC fan down by making such a stupid comment as that.

Check out the average attendances for Div 1.

... i didn't say that... swfc1867 did

but i very much agree

That was a thick comment to make by my fellow fan

Guest swfc1867
don't you call me a idiot get off are forum u numpty and why would he kick a ball full speed at 4 inches off the floor and hope not to hit a fan coming out of the ground? what a stupid idiot.

Ive let US down?

Guest ChrisSWFC
Ummm I know you never made that comment which is why I said I agreed with you, and found his comments let YOU as in 'fellow SWFC' down

:wacko:

re-read your post again!

Sounds like you said I let swfc1867 down :dunno:

Only just got on here , so haven't read all the posts. However as a semi-pro in years gone by and obviously medic now have to say that ciderhiver and anyone else defending that particular action is obviously without question a complete fool. Was sat directly behind the incident in block A and the intent was clear for all to see. As I say 43 years old , GP, and wanted blood from the b******d. Out of character,but this was a disgrace and whatever the blinkered members of this forum choose to decide personally in no doubt that this was intentional. From four yards any pro is capable of hitting a crowded stand , although perhaps individual members still beyond them. Think about it...

Guest swfc1867
Only just got on here , so haven't read all the posts. However as a semi-pro in years gone by and obviously medic now have to say that ciderhiver and anyone else defending that particular action is obviously without question a complete fool. Was sat directly behind the incident in block A and the intent was clear for all to see. As I say 43 years old , GP, and wanted blood from the b******d. Out of character,but this was a disgrace and whatever the blinkered members of this forum choose to decide personally in no doubt that this was intentional. From four yards any pro is capable of hitting a crowded stand , although perhaps individual members still beyond them. Think about it...

So why don't the silly t*ts score EVERY time they have a shot...dear doctor?

Guest ChrisSWFC
Great post weldone backed me up see it was intentional and this is evidence!

how exactly?

reddoc is just another bitter city fan. Looking to take out his embarrasement of the defeat on an incident that you wouldn't even care about had you been 4-1 up.

He did not aim for that fan.

Like I said, Brunt is not like that, he is not aggresive nor would he have any reason to. A footballer clears the ball where he likes, it is not their fault if a fan gets in the way.

re-read your post again!

Sounds like you said I let swfc1867 down 

Nah.

I quoted his dumb posting about attendance, then said I agreed with you, but he/she/it was letting YOU down by making such a dumb comment :wacko::dunno: :dunno:

Whatever, by some miracle called life, and with the amount I drink, I made it to Sunday 28th Nov. 2004 !!!

Don't football just make you laugh sometimes?

Guest alex1089

we'll see mate we'll see if there is anything going to be done about it! i think there should and you think there shouldent, opinions football is all about opinions!

Guest ChrisSWFC
And by the way, not bitter in the slightest, better team won, fair result which leaves an even worse taste in the mouth that you try and defend this.

the thing is, you are bitter, you just don't know that you're bitter. If you weren't bitter you wouldn't be taking it out on Brunty who has apparently commited the crime of clearing the ball.

May I just add another twist to this, which was almost picked up in an earlier thread.

If I am right in thinking this happened near the front of the GWR family enclosure, to a fan standing near the front....

.... since when has there ben a standing area there?

If I am wrong I will apologise, but should he have been there?

Guest ChrisSWFC
I stand by my my statement about attendances...your average gate for a City the size of Bristol...given the opposition in the city... is crap

from where i was sitting it looked like they pretty much filled their stands, apart from the end when the rapid emptying out process was taking place!

Well done some of you for bring what is a serious subject down to a childish level.

Things that need to be considered are

(i)Was it the players intent hit smash the ball into the crowd?

I believe it was and for that should at least be facing the F.A to explain his actions.Even a player in Division 4 of the downs league could have tapped to ball out or ballooned it into the upper part of the stand.

(ii)Was it the players intent to injure a spectator?

I would certainly hope not,although it has happened before.He may not have intended to injure a particular spectator,but to strike one with the ball seemed almost certain considering his reaction afterwards.Concern was a belated reaction.

(iii)Did the player take due care to ensure his actions did not cause harm to others?

Simple answer NO!Had this happened a little earlier then the ball may have struck a child as the ball was aimed at the family stand.The velocity with which the ball was struck,hitting a seated child(or even an adult)could have resulted in a broken neck.

There was intent to strike the ball,with as more force as the player could muster,into a group of spectators.I would consider this common assult.

This incident had no baring on the result,neither did the referee's descision to end the game early,although the best piece of refereeing today was to stop the game and call for a stretcher.

One more point.Should Brunt have been on the field at this point as,having been booked for a foul,then jumped into the crowd when he scored,this being a bookable offence in itself and therefore should have been sent off?

Guest ChrisSWFC
Guess I'm bitter then, but he could have changed into a tutu, stuck the ball down his tights and ran into his own net and you'd still have won, understand?

would have been a lot better entertainment than the wurzels! :wacko:

Archived