IGNORED

Stop

Longacre_red

ok.. well i don't see it acceptable to drink heavy amounts, but a few drinks is acceptable and the way i look at it is, if they wona drink nd smoke nd ruin there sporting career..then let them, at the end of the day they will have nobody bar themselves to blame!

That's a perfectly valid point for an individual sport. But a team player is letting down his club and employer if he destroys his fitness in this way.

I don't know if Tommy acts like that and will not criticise him for it based on a few rumours. I only posted to this thread because I was bemused by those who, instead of denying he behaves in such a way, were defending his right to do so. That doesn't make sense to me.

Okay it seems people are getting a bit confused here. Here goes the unpatronising attempt at the voice of reason :D

There has been speculation arising about Tommy Doherty. Whatever he chooses to do to in his free time is completely his business as everybody has the right to privacy.

If he does smoke/drink whatever as people are suggesting then let him get on with it! He knows the affects of the substances and thats not our problem. As long as he doesn't come into training completly rat a$$ed then I don't see the problem because he's not going to be picked for the team if he's in a bad condition. We are all entitled to a good time so just get off his back!

:Sleep12: This topic is now starting to bore me.HE DOSEN'T DRINK THAT MUCH.PEOPLE ARE JUST ASSUMING HE DOES AND I KNOW HE DOESN'T.FACT..As for smoking,he never seems to be doing that when i see him and i see him quite a lot.Cant wait to see him on the pitch to show all u non believers that docs is the best midfielder we have got.He chose to stay at city when could of easily left.show some loyalty like he has.Cheers :D

Okay it seems people are getting a bit confused here. Here goes the unpatronising attempt at the voice of reason  :D

There has been speculation arising about Tommy Doherty. Whatever he chooses to do to in his free time is completely his business as everybody has the right to privacy.

If he does smoke/drink whatever as people are suggesting then let him get on with it! He knows the affects of the substances and thats not our problem. As long as he doesn't come into training completly rat a$$ed then I don't see the problem because he's not going to be picked for the team if he's in a bad condition. We are all entitled to a good time so just get off his back!

What planet are you on? We are paying members of a club and pay the wages of the players. He is on a great contract and is paid out of our pockets. If he is not performing his role to a professional degree he is cheating his team and us.

*I## he decides to not give a monkeys about his health and is happy to simply take our money he is doing 2 things:

1) eating up the team's money (which comes from us)

2) is depriving the team of a player in midfield where we seem to have most of our problems

If he wants to ruin his life, fine. But don't do it on the club's money!

Okay it seems people are getting a bit confused here. Here goes the unpatronising attempt at the voice of reason  :D

indeed we are entitled to a good time as is Tommy but he should remember he is

getting paid to play and should try to be as fit as possible

Guest ~X~BcFc_BaBe~X

if Tommy reads this thread, i got a feeling that after some of the posts on here, he is going to feel unwanted at this club..do you really want that?!

Guest ~X~BcFc_BaBe~X
ok, i didnt want this to spiral out of control like this, it was just a suggestion that we should stop moaning and start supporting!

didnt mean for all hell 2 break loose!!!!  :P

i sed that quite a few posts back..... but i don't think anyone took any notice!

then what do you call it? it's hardly support or advice is it?

The majority of people have pretty much said Tommy is an excellent player who needs to get fit cos he's not doing well at the moment, it would be a pity to waste such talent. That sounds like encouragement and good advice to me.

we all want them to do their best, but they are still human beings, and what the do off pitch really has nothing to do with us?

:D

When players are paid through the money we spend at the gate surely we have a right to expect them to do their best? He's not fit and he could be if he put more effort in and didn't smoke, end of story.

Most full time jobs that pay anything even close to what a footballer gets require much bigger sacrifices in your personal life and twice as many hours.

If your friend is doing (or not doing) something that you know they will regret big time in future, are you doing them a favour telling them it's OK or should you perhaps be telling them to sort it out?

Nibor

You teenys need your own room to play in. To win in a professional sport or say the Olympics, you don't smoke. I have known and played with some excellant players who could drink heavily but still play ok due to being naturally gifted. Their careers were shorter.I've even known players who have smoked pot before a game, they mostly had to be taken off after 30 minutes. A fit and keen Tommy alongside Wilks in the center midfield would be what City need right now, and i just wish he would get himself together.

You teenys need your own room to play in. To win in a professional sport or say the Olympics, you don't smoke. I have known and played with some excellant players who could drink heavily but still play ok due to being naturally gifted. Their careers were shorter.I've even known players who have smoked pot before a game, they mostly had to be taken off after 30 minutes. A fit and keen Tommy alongside Wilks in the center midfield would be what City need right now, and i just wish he would get himself together.

Too right on the first point, I lost interest in this thread when it turned into some sort of Busted fans webpage.

Guest ~X~BcFc_BaBe~X

yes i agree Tommy shouldnt smoke as we need him fit for games but it realy is up to him what he does and we cannot stop him!

by the way.....Busted have split up :P

Archived