IGNORED

Stop

Longacre_red

its so anoying.........

Last season he was a 'hero' and people used to like the fact he got stuck in was mouthy, rude and sometimes stupid....

But this season now we arent doing as well its everybody blame tommy for having being booked 9 times?!

He is still (i believe) the best defensive midfielder in the squad!

miles and miles better than Bradley Orr (who is also very talented) better than tony Dinning! but i believe tommy is better when dinning is there to keep him concentrating! but thats a diferent matter!

oh ye, and were all these people moaning when tommy got booked during the tranmere match for getting in a little scrap with Macateer? i think not!

Did the crowd respond to this incident?! YES!

Did it make a great atmosphere within AG? YES

Did it help swing the game our way?! i personally believe it did!

so please everybody stop Moaning at him, he has not been at his best all season but I'm sure he will come good this year!

And i also believe him playing under a manager who he generally dislikes isnt going to help him is it?!

any way....Hope to see him in the squad against Bradford but at the moment i feel he doesnt deserve a place in the first 11, due to bad performances! but still feel people should lay off him!

cheers :D

Sorry, but on the contrary Tommy needs someone on his back to

a) sort out his alleged off-field antics

b) tell him to stop gobbing off at the ref as it detracts from his overall game

c) keep working harder and harder at those fitness levels

d) stop picking up needless bookings

e) improve his consistency because he still only turns up for a few games each season

f) tell him he is potentially an excellent player who could line-up against England at the end of March

That would do him no harm whatsoever.

Can't say he was a "hero" last season in my book, couldn't be ###### for the first half of the season, then decided to turn up, while other players put in effort in most of if not all the games and get criticised, while he sits there and wastes his undoubted tallent.

He gets slated because he can act like a complete moron, e.g Wycombe last season anyone ? He is a very good player but spends too much time having a go at the ref and getting needless bookings while he should be playing like he did against tranny at home, playing hard and winding one of their best players, and a player who has competed at the top level so much that he had to be subed.

its so anoying.........

Last season he was a 'hero' and people used to like the fact he got stuck in was mouthy, rude and sometimes stupid....

But this season now we arent doing as well its everybody blame tommy for having being booked 9 times?!

miles and miles better than Bradley Orr (who is also very talented) better than tony Dinning! but i believe tommy is better when dinning is there to keep him concentrating! but thats a diferent matter!

oh ye, and were all these people moaning when tommy got booked during the tranmere match for getting in a little scrap with Macateer? i think not!

so please everybody stop Moaning at him, he has not been at his best all season but I'm sure he will come good this year!

And i also believe him playing under a manager who he generally dislikes isnt going to help him is it?!

any way....Hope to see him in the squad against Bradford but at the moment i feel he doesnt deserve a place in the first 11, due to bad performances! but still feel people should lay off him!

Fans wont moan if he performs to his capabilities, fans wont moan if he stops gobbing off like a spoiled child at referees, our manager etc. Fans wont moan if you get rid of that dreadful picture , hope its not your mother.

• Admin

To be fair, my recollection of last season was:

-that there was a little subdued malcontent with Tommy leading up to till the Wycombe game.

-He then got STUPIDLY sent off in that game and that was certainly a factor in us losing 3-0 to the bottom side.

-This was followed by outrage from many with some even calling for him to be kicked out of the club.

-Tommy was left out of the side for a few extra games by Wilson* following his ban.

-Reacting to this or not (can't say for sure, I'm not him), Tommy's performances improved dramatically and most importantly, his anger/attitude was channelled (mostly) in the right manner.

I believe Wilson* commented at the time that a lot of Tommy's petulance was down to his own frustrations at being unfit and he mentioned something about a special programme they were putting him on to get him fitter before he returned after the ban. At the time I put this down to little more than an excuse to cover for him being dropped but could there be more truth in it?

The point then would need to be raised, "if Tommy gets frustrated at his lack of fitness, why doesn't he do something about it? :D

*yes NATCHER, I'm aware Mr Wilson has left the club, it's just I'm a lovesick puppy with my head stuffed so far up another manager's ass I could clean his teeth so apologies if I do indeed come across that way :$

Even if a section of fans are on Tommy's back, I don't think he would notice. Any groans/jeers following one of his usual mis-placed passes is drowned out by shouts of 'Hard luck, Tommy!' Remember the reaction to a Joe Burnell mistake?

If anyone deserves criticism, it's Tommy, for taking his undoubted talent for granted. Has Tommy ever started a season fit? Come to think of it, is he ever fit? His availability record is very poor due to suspension, injury or illness, which, if the comments of his off the field antics are to believed, isn't really surprising.

its so anoying.........

He was only a "hero" for the 2nd half of last season, as has already been stated. Even then his lack of fitness was commented on, throwing up on the pitch, playing 75/80minutes etc.

Quite right a fit and on form Tommy Doc would get in any team in this league and a lot in the league above.

but i believe tommy is better when dinning is there to keep him concentrating"! but thats a diferent matter!

A man of his experience, (we're talking about an International footballer here) should not require Tony Dinning or anyone else to "keep him concentrating.

LR. I remember watching Doc coming into this side at 17 and thinking that I had not seen his like since Gerry Gow. We all felt for him when he had those awful knee injuries, and I think they probably have cost him more than just a yard of pace. It may be that those injuries will prevent him from ever reaching full fitness, but there are other players out there that have had similar problems and cope.

The fans problem with Doc is that they percieve that he doesn't help himself in other aspects of his preparation.

its so anoying.........

An admirable show of patience for a player who we know can perform better than he has. Nice to see you rallying behind a player who hasn't performed to his previous best, but who you feel will come good if the fans stick with him.

Shame you don't show the same appreciation of Scott Murray about who you said yesterday:

"why does everybody keep going on about him being so good?! he's been Crap ALL season (with the exception of about 5 games)

STOP SAYING HES AMAZING.....he ISNT"

An admirable show of patience for a player who we know can perform better than he has. Nice to see you rallying behind a player who hasn't performed to his previous best, but who you feel will come good if the fans stick with him.

Shame you don't show the same appreciation of Scott Murray about who you said yesterday:

"why does everybody keep going on about him being so good?! he's been Crap ALL season (with the exception of about 5 games)

STOP SAYING HES AMAZING.....he ISNT"

thats because he has been crap all season and was awful when he returned last season!

In my honest opinion i don't think we should have brought scott back, and believe we should of stuck with Tony Rougier! - but thats my own opinion, I'm sure others will have diferent of him but het, thats what the forums for....putting your own honest veiws across!

oh and in reply to bransonmo, Vicki Pollard is staying :P

isnt she just gorrrrrrrgegeous?!

no just me?! ok ill get my coat :D

thats because he has been crap all season and was awful when he returned last season!

In my honest opinion i don't think we should have brought scott back, and believe we should of stuck with Tony Rougier! - but thats my own opinion, I'm sure others will have diferent of him but het, thats what the forums for....putting your own honest veiws across!

oh and in reply to bransonmo, Vicki Pollard is staying  :P

isnt she just gorrrrrrrgegeous?!

no just me?! ok ill get my coat :D

OK. So we should get off Tommys back but you don't have to get off Scotts back.

If you can't see the hypocrisy in your statement about opinions on a forum and the title of this thread you started, I can't be bothered to point it out to you.

If you can't see the hypocrisy in your statement about opinions on a forum and the title of this thread you started, I can't be bothered to point it out to you.

ok, i agree i have been a little unfair to Scott and will now stop and give 'constructive' critisism of him!

and i genuinly do hope he comes good this season because he is a city legend! but he just hasnt been on his game at all since he returned!

Guest monster red
I'll stop getting on his back when:

1) He starts acting like a pro. ie gets himself fit and stops smoking 20 a day

2) He picks up booking for roughing up the opposition NOT mouthing off at the ref. He has to learn where to draw the line. If hes going to get booked a lot lets not have needless cards

Well said that man, I have no problem with him getting booked for a cruching tackle which is slighty mistimed but the large majority are for mouthing off which is senseless and childish! as for his general levels of fitness,well,shocking about sums it up!

When he come on from the bench on Monday he was running around like a lunitic as if he wanted to be booked. :D

its so anoying.........

I don't think one person on this forum has said that Tommy is not a quality player when he puts his mind to it. However, if people think, and many people do, that Doherty is allowing his increasingly foul mouth and temper to negatively affect the performances we know he is capable of, then they have got the right to say it on a forum, subject to the forum guidelines. What is wrong with that?

I have never liked the fact that Doherty has been mouthy and rude to referee's. All it achieves is 50-50 decisions go against us. Referee's are human like everyone else and I know what I would do if I had someone from one side mouthing me off all game.

I agree that Doherty did a great wind-up job on McAteer in a CONTROLLED manner. His performance the other night as sub lacked any self control whatsoever (along with quite a few others over the last couple of months).

As for the manager not liking him - GET REAL - the guy is paid bloody good money to perform in front of thousands of people every week. How many people in "normal" work think their boss is the best thing since sliced bread. If that is affecting him then he needs to GROW UP a little.

As for moaning at him, I have never spoken to the guy. All I have ever done (and many others) is express an honest opinion on a website forum. If Doherty chooses to read it you would hope that he is grown up enough to realise that everyone has their own opinions which are based on what they see and are not PERSONAL ATTACKS on himself (i.e. they do not HATE him as so many people seem to think on this forum if you dare criticise).

Too many mature supporters argueing with the children, they need their own Teeny room.

DOherty has been nothing short of average at best this season. Last season he was ok. But what we are looking for is for Tommy to be the "Steven gerrard of league one" . i don't think he is and i don't think he ever will be. SOmeone like graham Kavanagh is what we need. he is class compared to Doherty.

He has to be the most over rated player in our team because even though on his day he is brilliant he rarely turns in such performances.

TD is generally a poor player in my view and I still resent the stick that a better player in Burnell got from the crowd who I think would still get in the team ahead of Orr and Dinning a good midfield defender who rarely gave away possession and provided excellent cover to the back four.

TD is generally a poor player in my view and I still resent the stick that a better player in Burnell got from the crowd who I think would still get in the team ahead of Orr and Dinning a good midfield defender who rarely gave away possession and provided excellent cover to the back four.

You're kidding?! Please tell me you're joking?!

Guest Green Pippin Red

:P Please if you talk to Tommy tell him to give his old Fair Furlong Manager a ring for a pep talk in confidence...cheers

You're kidding?! Please tell me you're joking?!

I think it would be fair to say that everyone who has criticised TD is only doing so in the hope he'll get his act together and be the midfield boss we've seen him be in the past. He has too much talent to waste through laziness and indiscipline.

I played against him a few times as a teenager and on the same team in some 5-a-side in Ashton Park. He was always in trouble with whoever was organising things but he was always by far the best player too, think Andy Jordan was playing in the same tournament IIRC.

If he's fit and putting in 100% people will overlook slight misbehaviour, but being apparently unfit isn't helping his case any and it's not exactly a problem he hasn't had time to deal with either because the unfitness has been there for a long time now.

Nibor

Why don't everyone get off tommys back. I spoke to the lad on sat and his love for the club is still there.Everyone has a bad patch including the best players at the club.I admit he dosen't need to have to shout at the ref as much as he does,but with inconsistant referees making constant crap decisions i don't blame him.

Why don't everyone get off tommys back. I spoke to the lad on sat and his love for the club is still there.Everyone has a bad patch including the best players at the club.I admit he dosen't need to have to shout at the ref as much as he does,but with inconsistant referees making constant crap decisions i don't blame him.

i can agree with you there. but if tommy is still sick then how come he is put on the bench?

Archived