IGNORED

Stop

Longacre_red

Why don't everyone get off tommys back. I spoke to the lad on sat and his love for the club is still there.Everyone has a bad patch including the best players at the club.I admit he dosen't need to have to shout at the ref as much as he does,but with inconsistant referees making constant crap decisions i don't blame him.

If he does "love the club" why doesn't he sort out his fitness, off the field behaviour and cut out the indiscipline?

Do you honestly think bad decisions don't go against other players?

At the moment he is an unprofessional, unfit liability rather than the quality player he could be.

If he does "love the club" why doesn't he sort out his fitness, off the field behaviour and cut out the indiscipline?

At the moment he is an unprofessional, unfit liability rather than the quality player he could be.

tommy has never been a player that sprints all round the pitch.he does what he does with great effect and is a great influence to the entire side.as for certain people sayin he drinks all the time is crap because i see him a lot in my local and all he has is orange juice.so what if he has a pint or 5 on weekends,he's human.(just like jackie)another big influence.

Guest ~X~BcFc_BaBe~X

i see becuase Lee Miller has gone we have to moan about Tommy! :D

For those of you who are moaning, it's people like you that make our players feel unwanted at this club!!!

What Tommy does off the pitch has nothing to do with any of you,he is allowed a life outside of City!

Stop moaning....start supporting !

i see becuase Lee Miller has gone we have to moan about Tommy!  :D

For those of you who are moaning, it's people like you that make our players feel unwanted at this club!!!

What Tommy does off the pitch has nothing to do with any of you,he is allowed a life outside of City!

Stop moaning....start supporting !

I totally agree. :D

Your the second person to comment on his "off field behaviour". Care to say what your talking about?

Guest ~X~BcFc_BaBe~X
Your the second person to comment on his "off field behaviour". Care to say what your talking about?

OMG it has nothing to do with you what Tommy gets up to!

Give it a rest mate!

Yes it does - we pay his wages and he should start acting like a professional

What is he actually meant to be doing that is so bad and unprofessional.Nothing.I know him through friends and i know that he is professional in what he does and that is play football.He loves this club as much as anybody on this forum and would never let anyone down when he plays.He wants to win like everybody else does.

What is he actually meant to be doing that is so bad and unprofessional

1. Getting needless bookings for dissent

2. Being consistently unfit even by his fitness standards

3. Smoking

They're not so bad if you were a pub footballer... but when you're paid £2+ grand a week and you're meant to be a pro it's not very good is it?

It's made even worse by the fact that he has superb talent which he's wasting because he's out of breath after 15 minutes and nowhere near making the starting lineup. That's why people might seem over critical, it's a huge shame.

Nibor

They say he drinks and smokes but I haven't seen any evidence of this. Him telling the ref to (you know what) off is not really professional but Tommy gets really emotionally charged during matches so does Danny Coles and Jamie Smith but is anyone having a pop at them NO!

The reason you haven't seen any evidence is because you live in Yeovilton, live in BS3 and you would.

Interesting that you mentioned Smith, he has been called a looney on here by some, but has been booked 4 times this season in 21 starts, all for fouls which I would say is an occupational hazard for a full back who tackles hard. Doherty has been booked 9 times and has started 16 league games!!!

I go to nearly every City game home and away I think I know what I am on about here and I know that Tommy has fitness issues but are they smoking related? Danny Coles has a reputation for drinking but that hasn't stopped him playing well as Tranmere showed, if Tommy was playing well we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Well shouldn't we be supporting him instead of having a go, if it is an issue then we should be behind him and be supportive not constantly having a go, it could make it worse if everyone keeps having a go.

People have been very supportive over the last few months and indeed still are at games but perhaps patience is wearing thin when he's so important to the team and he can't be arsed to get himself into shape.

It's easy to forgive things people can't do anything about (like lack of talent) while they show commitment. It's much harder to forgive complete lack of commitment when they are gifted with talent.

By the way, for me commitment is not "going in ard" and probably late and giving away a foul like some people seem to think, it's getting up at 6am and running 3 miles before training in an effort to catch your fitness up to that of the rest of the team.

Nibor

Guest ~X~BcFc_BaBe~X

WOW, they smoke and drink....they are human being's... most human beings do either of the two!

The more you moan the more they are guna carry on, if maybe you started supporting the team, we might have a few changes?!

I agree Nibor, even I am starting to have a tiny bit of doubt but you don't see me having a go at him. Tommy played at Millennium in the playoffs when he shouldn't of he was really unwell and shouldn't have but did that shows commitment to something also. How about we wait until the Northern Ireland squad is chosen for the England game, I am expecting Doc to still be in there if he wasn't playing well and these issues were such a problem he wouldn't be playing international football

Guest ~X~BcFc_BaBe~X
I've no idea if Tommy does either, but you seem to be defending his right to do so.

Are you seriously suggesting that it is acceptable for a professional athlete to smoke and drink heavily?

drink heavily? do we have proof of this..,.. or are you all assuming?!

I'm not saying it is acceptable, but he is a human being, he can do as he pleases, at the end of the it will be his career he will ruin!

OMG it has nothing to do with you what Tommy gets up to!

Give it a rest mate!

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick luv! I'm actually trying to stick up for Tommy!

People keep commenting on his "off field antics" - I just want these people to explain there comments!

drink heavily? do we have proof of this..,.. or are you all assuming?!

EXACTLY!

Guest ~X~BcFc_BaBe~X
You obviously missed the first sentence of my post. I was not asking specifically about Tommy, I was asking a general hypothetical question.

ok.. well i don't see it acceptable to drink heavy amounts, but a few drinks is acceptable and the way i look at it is, if they want to drink And smoke And ruin there sporting career..then let them, at the end of the day they will have nobody bar themselves to blame!

Guest ~X~BcFc_BaBe~X
I think you've got the wrong end of the stick luv! I'm actually trying to stick up for Tommy!

People keep commenting on his "off field antics" - I just want these people to explain there comments!

EXACTLY!

Apologies to you... but it really annoys me when people moan about players "off field antics"

Archived