IGNORED

General Election...

Coin-op

That is if you do vote!  I do not consider myself to be well informed in politics but as I am now officially registered to vote I wanted to hear some opinions on the subject. For who will you vote and why?

I will not vote as there is no point. My vote does not matter.

There will be replies now from many peopl I'm sure telling me how everyone should vote, all votes count and that people faught for the vote... this changes nothing. Whether I vote or not, the result will stay the same.

Were proportional representation introduced I may reconsider but again, this is unlikely.

What do you base that on?

I presume you don't have a strong political viewpoint?

Well, not too strong no. I do however know which way I would vote (labour) and the main reason is the good job I believe them to be doing with our economy at the moment.

I also feel they just have a far better set up than the Tories, and that nobody else has a chance so they aren't worth voting for.

The reason I don't vote is because no election will be won by 1 vote. Mine is therefore irrelevant.

My dear old grandpa said, " no matter who you vote for, a politician wins ". On another theme. There are never enough voters, freedom is'ent free. Things like driving a car, shopping, movies, off to the footy, most of the population accept these things. Wrong ! these rights have been paid for with the lives of soldiers who earned these privalidges for us to enjoy. I have always believed that by not bothering to vote, you insult the memory of the veterans that gave you the right to choose

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Well, not too strong no.  I do however know which way I would vote (labour) and the main reason is the good job I believe them to be doing with our economy at the moment. 

I also feel they just have a far better set up than the Tories, and that nobody else has a chance so they aren't worth voting for.

The reason I don't vote is because no election will be won by 1 vote.  Mine is therefore irrelevant.

A million "irrelevant" votes would make a huge difference.

Look how Le Pen and the French far right almost came to power due to voter apathy.

As far as the economy goes, you are worse off now than under the previous Tory Govt, and will be FAR worse off when taxes are hicked up after the election to meet government spending plans.

I know very little about politics but I won't be voting Tory that's for sure. The town which I live Westbury is a bonafide Conservation zone and the snooty folk get on my nerves.

Lib Dem or Labour I guess.

Don't worry, under a Lib Dem or Labour government you will no longer be surrounded by snooty tories, but floods of Irish gypsies who would love to set up around Westbury.

As far as the economy goes, you are worse off now than under the previous Tory Govt, and will be FAR worse off when taxes are hicked up after the election to meet government spending plans.

Don't worry, under a Lib Dem or Labour government you will no longer be surrounded by snooty tories, but floods of Irish gypsies who would love to set up around Westbury.

Hmm......comments about Labour's alleged tax increases (which probably won't happen) and floods of Irish gypsies in Westbury (which definitely won't happen) can only mean one thing: we are in the presence of a Daily Mail reader.

Hmm......comments about Labour's alleged tax increases (which probably won't happen) and floods of Irish gypsies in Westbury (which definitely won't happen) can only mean one thing: we are in the presence of a Daily Mail reader.

There was me thinking that only women read that paper kiss.gifhandbags.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed

The Dailey Mail Pah

Typical lefty moron thinking that is the only place people get information from that reflects badly on Gypsies or Nu Labour

So Andy you really think that places like Westbury are not the sort that have illegal gypsy camps? Please tell me why you have this view?

And taxes wont go up under Labour? Please tell me where you draw this conclusion.

Methinks we have a Guardian reader in our midst, which can only mean one thing - Someone more opinionated and less informed than a Dailey hate reader

Guest WillsbridgeRed
The Guardian is widely regarded as one of the most accomplished and influential newspapers in the World.

By the total and utter ******* that read it.

Guest MaloneFM

Old Rog is going to vote for that slimey sod with the creepy voice...Frankie Howerd?

Or who is the slimey one with the oily grin...Lionel Blair?

Is Dickie Henderson a candidate or that nice Jimmy Tarbrick? I hear he is only £35 and he will be buried in the Eas...sorry..'covered end'?

Bargain! dance.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed
I agree. I hate the Guardian. I just hate the Daily Mail as well. I read The Times, if you must know.

I prefere the Telegraph myself but contend myself with CNN and Skynews during the week for news - To me, sundays are paper days.

The Sunday Telegraph is a good read, and has a very good international news section.

I'm just stating what I believe to be fact!

The Guardian is undoubtedly up there with newspapers such as Le Monde, the New York Times or the Financial Times in terms of the news service it provides.

Move your political motives aside, and I think you'd find it hard to disagree with me.

At the moment I've got to be up to speed with all goings on in the FT, its got an excellent international news section if you're interested. online2long.gif

My dear old grandpa said, " no matter who you vote for, a politician wins ". On another theme. There are never enough voters, freedom is'ent free. Things like driving a car, shopping, movies, off to the footy, most of the population accept these things. Wrong ! these rights have been paid for with the lives of soldiers who earned these privalidges for us to enjoy. I have always believed that by not bothering to vote, you insult the memory of the veterans that gave you the right to choose

Well, I am sorry you feel that way but there is no intention to insult anyone and i certainly think we are very lucky to have a democracy which was fought for so hard....

I still feel that my vote is worthless however and will not be voting. In a true democracy then surely that is my choice?....

A million "irrelevant" votes would make a huge difference.

Look how Le Pen and the French far right almost came to power due to voter apathy.

True that a million irrelevant votes would make a difference. Unfortunately I cannot influence that many people and my vote does not a million make.

As for your second point, it is true. They are far closer to power and far more popular than the BNP are over here however, and that scenario just will not happen in the UK.

And your last statement is incorrect. I am personally far better off under the current labour government and in my particular profession 75% of all firms are actively recruiting so I am in an extremely strong position to demand a better salary/conditions.

At the other end of the spectrum, my Dad who was unable to find work for long long periods under the Tories has now not been out of work for many years and is self employed in a buoyant market.

I would disagree if it is your belief that the economy is currently worse although I am sure that the argument could be spun both ways. I also think that taxes will not rise at the expense of our economy. They will rise, but it will be a very carefully timed decision. The current Chancellor may be a paperwork fiend, but he has changed things dramatically and for the better IMO making very few mistakes.

What a massive and brilliant decision to pass the control of interest rates...

living in a democracy means we have the choice to vote. and also the choice not to vote.

what differnce does it make what paper you read? surley you can all make your mind up on political issues.

but how any of you can vote for a party that mislead the whole country on going to war, in which many young lives have been lost is beyond belief. They will lie to us again. Pick one from 3, Iran? N.korea and the Europe

As for gorden and the economy, whatever he borrows now, will have to be paid back.

The Guardian is widely regarded as one of the most accomplished and influential newspapers in the World.

Regarded that way by the left wing elite, and apparachniks maybe, by the rest of the human race as a left wing biased rag, clothed in respectability due to the better quality of its writngs, a la Daily Torygraph for the right wing equivalent...

For the record I read the Times

Regarded that way by the left wing elite, and apparachniks maybe, by the rest of the human race as a left wing biased rag, clothed in respectability due to the better quality of its writngs, a la Daily Torygraph for the right wing equivalent...

You obviously missed the bit where I said this then:

The Guardian is undoubtedly up there with newspapers such as Le Monde, the New York Times or the Financial Times in terms of the news service it provides.

Move your political motives aside, and I think you'd find it hard to disagree with me.

As for which party to vote for, it is an absolute minefield. I appreciate that Labour, in my view, have done an all-round good job since they have been in power. No government is ever going to be able to satisfy the needs of all of its citizens. I disagree with the reasons behind going to war but share Blairs stance on Europe.

However, I voted Lib Dem in the local elections and will probably do so again in the general...

Archived