IGNORED

Dolman Block G

XBOXMAN69

Why should he move? He adhered to the rules of the stadium as should the others. There is no reason that I can see for these people to stand up other than to antagonise.

The game started well today as did the atmosphere, being in Dolman block E it was nice to have the G block making some noise... there were some smiles and looks of surprise around me as people realised that they could sing!! Until everything got negative... people got aggressive (not physically violent but with body language and vocally), the singing ignored the pitch and was directed at the stewards, people flaunted rules without reason.

Shame.

Why should he move?  He adhered to the rules of the stadium as should the others.  There is no reason that I can see for these people to stand up other than to antagonise.

The game started well today as did the atmosphere, being in Dolman block E it was nice to have the G block making some noise... there were some smiles and looks of surprise around me as people realised that they could sing!!  Until everything got negative... people got aggressive (not physically violent but with body language and vocally), the singing ignored the pitch and was directed at the stewards, people flaunted rules without reason.

Shame.

I totally agree. The atmosphere in the Doman was definately improved by the singing. Just please don't stand. Respect other supporters and the stewards.

Oh God, the whole red-hand gang are on the attack together.

I said move because, areas where fans get together to sing are normally full of people who sing.

When people sing in unison, they tend to stand up; guess its back to the terrace culture.

You knew block G was a singing area (albeit unofficially), so it was expected that there would be an element standing for long periods singing.

If I wanted to sit the whole game, I would stay away from boisterous areas. Seems sensible to me. Ho-hum.

You got me on the cinema comment Kingpin. As it is so normal culture to always stand in the cinema, how can I argue with that logic sleeping.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Cant see the point of all this anti steward nonsence, people know the rules, but still try and kick up a fuss.

It doesn't help support the side, or make for a good atmosphere. I find some of it rather sad in truth.

Oh God, the whole red-hand gang are on the attack together.

I said move because, areas where fans get together to sing are normally full of people who sing.

When people sing in unison, they tend to stand up; guess its back to the terrace culture.

You knew block G was a singing area (albeit unofficially), so it was expected that there would be an element standing for long periods singing.

If I wanted to sit the whole game, I would stay away from boisterous areas.  Seems sensible to me.  Ho-hum.

You got me on the cinema comment Kingpin.  As it is so normal culture to always stand in the cinema, how can I argue with that logic  sleeping.gif

People were standing just to antagonise the stewards. The stood even when they wernt singing.

Cant see the point of all this anti steward nonsence, people know the rules, but still try and kick up a fuss.

It doesn't help support the side, or make for a good atmosphere.  I find some of it rather sad in truth.

Exactly!!

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Just to add my 2p worth..... G block was hardly audible from the Williams. Whereas a good noise could be heard in the dolman when the Williams sang last year....  dunno.gif

ureds

It was nothing today compared to E block last season.

We were a much tighter group last season, thats been lost in the move.

I can see both sides of the argument but if a steward asked me personally to sit down i would. The problem was when one row of people stand up all the others behind them are forced to aswell and there were a few tall people in fornt of me aswell.

One instance was where an older man in the back row asked the guy in front, someone from the forum i believe, to sit down and he quite rightly defended himself by saying that the people in front of him were standing.

All very childish especially when everyone was sat down and someone immediately started singing "Stand up if you hate the Gas" although i found it very amusing at the time

I'm in two minds about it all to be honest ...it definately wasnt the same as us last season .I just think different people want different things from football i want to be able to stand all game cos I'm from the old east end era todays fan just seems to want to watch the match without interacting theres definately a clash of styles i apologise if people who were behind us had trouble seeing maybe we will have to join the back seat boyz

I think it got out of hand today!!

There is no point carrying on arguing about it as the club are not going to let whole areas stand all game!!

People will stand up in certain areas when things get exciting and a good singsong can be had, but when the stewards say sit down then do it!! The atmosphere was totally destroyed when it was going great in the second half, just when the game was at an exciting point, not by the stewards but by the arguing!!

I must say though that there were a lot of people there that weren't regulars in E block last year, it's a real pity we had to move as that was a much better stand!!!!!!

My season ticket it in the G-Block and I purposely moved there to have some fun and a few songs and chants during the game. I find it a natural thing to stand up if you`re singing during a game. I suppose there needs to be a limit these days of consistant standing during the match.

Although, I remember when we were warned of the Eastend being closed if people consistantly stood, but what it did say was, "by all means in a moment of excitement there is no reason not to stand." So although at times today, okay we were standing for a while, I think telling people to sit down for the whole duration of the game is from what we were told in the Eastend wrong.

Yours Puckle_red

Stayed in d block Williams today and e block Williams were more audible the Gblock Dolman.

There again most of the time a 1000 in the E.End drowned out the rest of the ground sad.gif

The stewards will have there way on standing resistance is futile sad.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed
people spoil it for them.when evey I'm at the gate i don't light up a fag in peoples faces and by children as people don't want to braeth my smoke in

Try it its great fun. Aim for pensioners too, oh and the disabled - They all love smoke

Archived