IGNORED

Dolman Block G

XBOXMAN69

Guest kez_0569

not sayin i was 1 of them jus makin a point. and the your little point bout not everyone reads this forum, well the people who posted it obv did!

the standing up thing was kicked off just because the stewards refused

to allow a flag to be put on the dolman stand wall,

a few fans got annoyed at this and decided that was the excuse to annoy the stewards for the rest of the game which spoilt

the atmosphere that was building well in g-block.

not saying it is right to stand up or wind them up but i can see how these stewards can get up peoples noses,

and i know the stewards are just doing a job but it is they way they do it.

yes rules are rules, but some discretion is needed in certain areas of the ground

and for a sake of a flag on a wall it would save them a lot of grief and these people

would listen more to them, the stewards do need better public relations training

as they went in today like a bull in a china shop and these fans were having none

of it, rightly or wrongly, i can see both side of the coin on this one.

as for what stand sang the loudest, i have no time for that crap, as old spot

said as long as the WHOLE GROUND is making some atmosphere that is all that

counts...

oh yeah the football........shocking disapointed2se.gif

what about the seagulls ruining the music interludes and them pesky kids crunchin on their crisps and the vile emissions of the poor old gent next to me when his colostomy bag needs emtying, OH and the costant shouting of those silly men on the grass (let alone the bad words they come out with).the managers stood up ruining the subs view of the game ,the first aiders pushing past you to attend to a geeser who decided to have a fainting moment (very inconsiderate) the sun was to bright so i had to wear a hat on a warm day,somebody had a bonfire lit in duckmoor road and ruined my half time pork scratchings and i forgot all them ruddy mobile phones and thier silly score updates and the constant flashin of cameras kids banging seats up and down. have i missed anything? rofl2br.gif

Guest pentlandsl

I was in F block right next to the trouble with the stewards.

I personally feel the fat bloke who kept on abusing the stewards and refusing to sit down, particlarly as he was asked to by a lady behind him as she couldn't see should have been evicted from the ground, along with at least 2 or 3 others. The stewards were trying to do their jobs and shouldn't have had to take the personal abuse that was being given to them.

I think the stewards were weak in dealing with it, no doubt due to the oblique threats they were receiving ("what, and YOU think you are going to be able to evict ME?" ). They should have called for police backup and thrown the evil little sod(s) out of the ground with a 12 month ban thrown in for good measure. We don't need fans like that.

I would also like to mention that some of the chants coming from the so-called, self-appointed singing section were nothing short of vile and went far beyond the normal banter sort of chants that you expect to hear.

If SL reads this forum than he should take note that there is a problem here and nip it in the bud quickly and for the next home game I would expect a number of police to be stationed around block G to assist the stewards in ridding the club of the troublemakers.

Guest pentlandsl
can i jus ask summit. everyone new where the singing was goin to b which entails tht people will b standing. find it annoying...why buy your seat there?

How arrogant to think you are so important that EVERYONE just has to know about you - the vast majority of fans don't read the forums, WOULDN'T have known about the singing section and could only probably get tickets for F/G block anyway.

The singing wasn't what annoyed anyone, it was the arrogance of people like you who think it is ok to stand up and block the view of others because you have a misguided notion that you are special in some way and that the rules of the staium don't apply to you.

Why should he move??

he has every right to be there if the people in front were taught anything by there parents when younger they would have respect ovbiously you were one of them.

Deleted. Not going to respond to a thread that cast opinions on my parents. Sorry smile.gif

All seater stadiums are just that. And the consumer choice you mention is that you have a choice whether to enter the ground or not. Once you do, you must abide by the laws.

The change to an Ashton Gate all seater stadia was forced on us without any consultation from our corrupt and undemocratic government - it was the Tory twerp variety at the time but Labour scum bags have not addressed the issue of bringing some safe terracing back to football stadia. Next you'll be writing that this country is a democracy even though we have no elected head of state laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I'd do my nut in if the bloke in front kept standing up all the time, but I get so carried away in a game that I do it myself (only if the ref gives a awful decision or we sing a decent song) blushing.gif but the arguement about standing is if supporters in the away end can stand then we should be able to stand aswell. I sat at the back row of the Do,man a couple a times last season,blocking nobodys view apart from the wall and I was told to sit? I said "If the away fans can stand why cant we?" Obviously I didnt get an answer, BUT before the stewards get heavy handed with us city fans, surely they need to sort the away fans out first? dunno.gif

Also I was in B Block yesterday and thought we were the louder than Attyeo and G Block farmer.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Sorry but werent all seater stadiums brought in due to the tragedy at Hillsborough?

Dollymarie

Indirectly

What a suprise a thread about standing and people come out with the old Hillsbrough stuff.

Indirectly

What a suprise a thread about standing and people come out with the old Hillsbrough stuff.

Yep, the usual excuses are being rolled out by our government's apologists. Stiffling the atmosphere at Ashton Gate by introducing seats without leaving some terracing was a totally over the top reaction by the then Tory government in response to the Hillsborough disaster. No way did most football grounds need to get rid of all their terracing. The loss of the terraced Kop at Liverpool, the Holt End at Villa and Stretford End at ManU is a football tragedy in itself.

Football is being neatly packaged by middle class facists in their own delusionary image. Expect an end to banners at football grounds next - as seen when the stewards ordered the subbers flag to be taken down. These orders for the subjugation of English football fans are probably coming direct from the viper's nest at 10 Downing Street, London.

maybe because its true? doh.gif

Hillsbrough could have been avoided by police and stewards.

the fact the police opended a gate and let people in the ground did

not help, sorry but it had sod all to do with standing and the fence around

the pitch helped kill people trying to get to safty.

Hillsbrough could have been avoided by police and stewards.

the fact the police opended a gate and let people in the ground did

not help, sorry but it had sod all to do with standing and the fence around

the pitch helped kill people trying to get to safty.

If there was no fence then there would have been no Hillsborough disaster. I remember many Tories in the Thatcher regime of the time stating that football supporters should be caged like animals - hence the 8 foot fencing at football grounds.

ATYEO BLOCK H ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS WHERE THE REAL NOISE WAS COMING FROM THE WHOLE GAME.

I'm not saying G-block was deafening and I don't doubt that you probably couldn't hear us. But, could anyone who was in G-block actually hear H-block?

I think I heard the Ateyo 2 or 3 times. It's just the way Ashton Gate works it seems. You cant hear much outside your own block most of the time.

We're still settleing in to G-block.

Keep the faith!! city.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed
I personally feel the fat bloke who kept on abusing the stewards and refusing to sit down, particlarly as he was asked to by a lady behind him as she couldn't see should have been evicted from the ground, along with at least 2 or 3 others.  The stewards were trying to do their jobs and shouldn't have had to take the personal abuse that was being given to them.

I think the stewards were weak in dealing with it, no doubt due to the oblique  threats they were receiving ("what, and YOU think you are going to be able to evict ME?" ).  They should have called for police backup and thrown the evil little sod(s) out of the ground with a 12 month ban thrown in for good measure.  We don't need fans like that.

If the stewards fail to act against this type of behaviour then that is down to them.

THOSE PEOPLE ARE NOTHING TO DO WITH US

I would also like to mention that some of the chants coming from the so-called, self-appointed singing section were nothing short of vile and went far beyond the normal  banter sort of chants that you expect to hear.

Rubbish, there was nothing out of the ordinary sung on saturday, my god you are a precious one aren't you.

If SL reads this forum than he should take note that there is a problem here and nip it in the bud quickly and for the next home game I would expect a number of police to be stationed around block G to assist the stewards in ridding the club of the troublemakers.

My you are one for the dramatic aren't you.

Come the Port Vale game there will not be a problem, we can police ourselves in the main.

How arrogant to think you are so important that EVERYONE just has to know about you -  the vast majority of fans don't read the forums, WOULDN'T have known about the singing section and could only probably get tickets for F/G block anyway.

The club knew and should have made it a noisey area, blame them.

I'm not saying G-block was deafening and I don't doubt that you probably couldn't hear us. But, could anyone who was in G-block actually hear H-block?

I think I heard the Ateyo 2 or 3 times. It's just the way Ashton Gate works it seems. You cant hear much outside your own block most of the time.

We're still settleing in to G-block.

Keep the faith!! city.gif

that is true, the only way you will hear each other is that the corners of the

ground are filled in as that is where the noise is lost.

Its an all seater stadium and that means people should be seated at all times, whilst watching the game.

What at ALL TIMES.

So when we score we should stay sat at ALL TIMES and celebrate by clapping our hands in a civilised way?!? farmer.gif

I never see people sat down round the whole stadium, wherever you are. Whether you were at Ashton Gate or Old Trafford!!!

Its just what every team does and always will do as its the nature of the game to have groups of fans that like to stand and make noise, even if there are seats!! doh.gif

Get over it as it won't change!

city.gif

Better than silence...

"G Block, give us a song..."

Wow, way to work together! blink.gif

I couldn't hear the Atyeo from Block G, they couldn't hear Block G from there I guess by the comment!

Shall we have a competition? sleeping.gif

No wait, what about singing at the same time and trying to get those in between going. A bit radical that fans try and support their team as opposed to out-doing fellow fans, but, worth a go? smile.gif

Archived