IGNORED

Dolman Block G

XBOXMAN69

Neo, not everybody may of known about you all moving to the G block to sing. It wasn't made official by the club and some City supporters didn't realise when they bought tickets, that everybody singing moved there from the Williams.

Obviously they know now so they can move but how could you of expected them to of moved today if most seats were full?

I wasn't there but I could see a lot of people standing continuously throughout the game and maybe for the opening games, they could of had some more consideration for the people behind them. Its nice to have a good atmosphere when people sing but maybe you could of sat down for at least until everyone got the message that singing and the standing that goes with it happens in the G block.

And me, don't forget I love a good faceful of second hand smoke! (and I don't think it were just tobacco the people sitting next to me were smoking today)

Dollymarie

you should of told the stewards.. or the police...

not on that..

Illegal drugs in the ground and all the stewards care about is a flag not going up....

says it all about this club really... banghead.gif

I wasn't there but I could see a lot of people standing continuously throughout the game and maybe for the opening games, they could of had some more consideration for the people behind them. Its nice to have a good atmosphere when people sing but maybe you could of sat down for at least until everyone got the message that singing and the standing that goes with it happens in the G block.

If you werent there how did you see them???

I only said "think" cos then i would get accused of making untrue comments, but from the smell of it, and the "look" on their faces shortly afterwards, well lets put it this way, he was still looking in the direction of where the ball had been, five minutes after it had gone.

Dollymarie

but maybe you could of sat down for at least until everyone got the message that singing and the standing that goes with it happens in the G block.

What is all this YOU cr@p. Reading the firking thread if you are going to respond to it!

Guest MaloneFM
I only said "think" cos then i would get accused of making untrue comments, but from the smell of it, and the "look" on their faces shortly afterwards, well lets put it this way, he was still looking in the direction of where the ball had been, five minutes after it had gone.

Dollymarie

Goodness me free blow! How jolly! I must sit there next game and get off my sheepskin coat a bit.

to me i find it selfish that these people stand up and ruin every1 elses game.every body stands up at a time of excitement but for people to stand up during the games and spiol peoples views are inconsiderate and should learn some manners as its plan right rude.people pay hard earned money to watch city and the money goes ton waste as people spoil it for them.when evey I'm at the gate i don't light up a fag in peoples faces and by children as people don't want to braeth my smoke in so i wait till half time and go somewhere where it don't affect people.these people that stand don't always stand to sign thats just a excuse.and as for them doing it to annoy the stewards then that is just wrong as there there to do a job and to help others if anything every happened.how would they like it if people made thee job hard for no reason at all apart from being annoying.

*ahem* punctuation *ahem*

Mate, you say you've supported City "forever". Then I don't get you.

This morning, to get myself in the mood for the new season, I watched the 'Bristol City - The Glory Years' video, before donning my Gerry Gow t-shirt and heading off for a few pre-match bevvies. And the Ashton Gate crowds in said video were a bouncing, seething, serging, swearing, deafening couldron of noise. And, to the best of my knowledge, no one complained!

It would be fair to say that many serious long-term City fans are well pi$$ed off that the club and the game in gerneral is getting so sterile and corporate that no one is allowed any longer to do any of the things that have made the culture of going to football so much fun over the years. Indeed, many have simply stopped going over the past ten years or so.

The way I saw it from the Atyeo, a few rows at the back of Dolman block G were standing up and - surprise surprise - actually making some noise! Illegal I'll grant ya, but pretty much what going to football is all about. Isn't it???

Er, I don't really know what else to say except that, if the general football-going populace are going to point the finger at those who are still keeping it real, then,...well I suspect the game is about to die on its arse, and I include the Premiership in that sad.gif

And me, don't forget I love a good faceful of second hand smoke! (and I don't think it were just tobacco the people sitting next to me were smoking today)

Dollymarie

Aah, Atyeo Block G? They never pass it round though, do they? mad.gif

Dollymarie

Quiet Dollymarie, the enjoyment police will come and spoil it now biggrin.gif

Dolmanners, sorry to say this, but I only heard you guys a couple of times all game from t'Atyeo, and the Atyeo boys werent that noisy either.............shame, we really could have done with the atmosphere ramping up........least I werent told to stop swearing today biggrin.gif

TA8 RED Posted Today, 8:54 PM

agree with you totally, H block was noisy, didn't hear a forking thing fromm g block dolman just a group of people standing . 

Thats because there was too much bickering with the stewards going on.

It really doesn't matter who are the loudest, the object is to get more of the ground singing and supporting the team. For whatever reasons 2 more home points have gone, this happened far too often last season, because our away form was good enough for automatic promotion, so it is imperative that we improve this year!!!!!

Guest WillsbridgeRed
agree with you totally, H block was noisy, didn't hear a forking thing fromm g block dolman just a group of people standing . pinch.gif

What block were you sat in?

Quiet Dollymarie, the enjoyment police will come and spoil it now biggrin.gif

Dolmanners, sorry to say this, but I only heard you guys a couple of times all game from t'Atyeo, and the Atyeo boys werent that noisy either.............shame, we really could have done with the atmosphere ramping up........least I werent told to stop swearing today biggrin.gif

Here 'G' Block. I gotta problem. Sing fuvcking louder.

You WERE appreciated in F block today (by me). It felt like I was at a fotball match today (for a change) Anyone that says different ##### OFF

G block today sounded fantastic. About time the Dolman had a wake up call.

Oh God, the whole red-hand gang are on the attack together.

I said move because, areas where fans get together to sing are normally full of people who sing.

When people sing in unison, they tend to stand up; guess its back to the terrace culture.

You knew block G was a singing area (albeit unofficially), so it was expected that there would be an element standing for long periods singing.

If I wanted to sit the whole game, I would stay away from boisterous areas.  Seems sensible to me.  Ho-hum.

You got me on the cinema comment Kingpin.  As it is so normal culture to always stand in the cinema, how can I argue with that logic  sleeping.gif

This has been discussed many times before, and I'll give my point of view again: it was wrong for the undemocratic half-wits that are our corrupt government to create all seater football stadia. It is our culture to stand and we should have an option of standing in a safe terraced area. Seats could be ripped out at the front of the Dolman for a terraced area where we can stand and sing. We should have the option to stand or sit in any football stadia - this is known as consumer choice - something that the Tory twerps, that forced the all seater stadia on us, are so say experts in.

Willsbridge Red, I for one thought the backing you guys gave was refreshing. keep it up but please don't get chucked out for it.This club need more people to shout and bawl like you lot do.I beleive its called atmosphere. Since the old open end came down its been awful at the Gate. At least you are trying to bring it back.

Good luck to you!

CR

uwokeiup Posted Today, 11:01 PM

Willsbridge Red, I for one thought the backing you guys gave was refreshing. keep it up but please don't get chucked out for it.This club need more people to shout and bawl like you lot do.I beleive its called atmosphere. Since the old open end came down its been awful at the Gate. At least you are trying to bring it back.

Good luck to you!

CR

It's nice to see a few others want an atmosphere as well!!!

I don't think there will be too much of a problem in the future as quite a few that were there today wont be for the next lot of "lower key" games!!

I think barnet in the cup will be a better example of atmosphere that can be made!!! It won't be that loud but it should be fun!!

This has been discussed many times before, and I'll give my point of view again: it was wrong for the undemocratic half-wits that are our corrupt government to create all seater football stadia. It is our culture to stand and we should have an option of standing in a safe terraced area. Seats could be ripped out at the front of the Dolman for a terraced area where we can stand and sing. We should have the option to stand or sit in any football stadia - this is known as consumer choice - something that the Tory twerps, that forced the all seater stadia on us, are so say experts in.

All seater stadiums are just that. And the consumer choice you mention is that you have a choice whether to enter the ground or not. Once you do, you must abide by the laws.

Just to add my 2p worth..... G block was hardly audible from the Williams. Whereas a good noise could be heard in the dolman when the Williams sang last year....  dunno.gif

ureds

Heard nothing all match from the dolman, neo said he herd nothing from 3/4 of the ground, well I heard nothing from 4/4 of the ground, to me, the Dolman was dead, when i did hear something it was from the corner of the ATyeo.

Guest kez_0569

can i jus ask summit. everyone new where the singing was goin to b which entails tht people will b standing. find it annoying...why buy your seat there?

can i jus ask summit. everyone new where the singing was goin to b which entails tht people will b standing. find it annoying...why buy your seat there?

Not everyone knew, not everyone reads this forum. Singing does not equal standing. Don't pretend that the 1000+ seats in that block were ever going to be all singers. The stand was a sell out.

Fair play to people who want to make noise and create an atmoshphere, I don't think anyone minds the odd minute or two of standing. But being childish and standing to provoke the stewards when all you're really doing is irritating your fellow fans makes you an imbecile.

Nibor

Archived