IGNORED

Dolman Block G

XBOXMAN69

I was in Block G and i think we did ok with the noise.

My comment is that my Grandad takes me too two or three Newcastle united away games a year. I don't tihnk i have been to one when not everyone in the hole stand has stood up the hole game. I am not asking that we have the hole Stadium standing some people just like to sit down. I am asking why as most people knew this block was for singers . We cant just stand up.

city.gif

maybe because its true? doh.gif

Dolly,

Agree totally, perhaps some of these moaners on the site should offer to steward at the club. I've been a steward in both the Dolman and the away end. It isn't a very pleasant job, you get grief on the ear because you are enforcing the policy that fans must be seated, think it is on the notice outside of the turnstiles. In the away end you get them thretening to punch your face in, then they moan about the food and chuck it about. At the end of the game if you are a steward in the away end you have to see them out and make sure that no fights occur. The sitting down is in force because of health and safety. I think the stewards yesterday were not employed by the club but provided by an outside company. The reason behind this is when I get stopped by a woman steward and asked wher I am going, (I was following my old man) and she then proceeded to request to search me cause I had told her that I was following my hubby, we had already gone throgh the turnstiles and believe it or not as a woman I had no bags! Hubby had to point out to her that as I had our son with me, and my ticket I knew were I was going, she then called for a male steward to search him, in the stand! He was being aggressive, NOT!!!!!! all we wanted to do was get to our seats and chat to the friends that we have made over the last 10 years! Id Keith Draisey still the head of the stewards or have BCFC done away with them all??

Noticed yesterday that the stewards jackets had K C something or other on the back, are we still employing our own stewards who knew the fans or an outside company?

NEO, don't bother responding as you only antagonise the situation! ranting.gif

Wow, way to work together!  blink.gif

I couldn't hear the Atyeo from Block G, they couldn't hear Block G from there I guess by the comment!

Shall we have a competition?  sleeping.gif

No wait, what about singing at the same time and trying to get those in between going.  A bit radical that fans try and support their team as opposed to out-doing fellow fans, but, worth a go?  smile.gif

Hee hee hee, i am always singing my heart out chant6ez.gif and get behind the boys, i just find it amusing after all the pre season build up - "G block is where the noise is at etc" that you boys didnt do too great.

don't take it personally.

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Hee hee hee, i am always singing my heart out  chant6ez.gif  and get behind the boys, i just find it amusing after all the pre season build up - "G block is where the noise is at etc" that you boys didnt do too great.

Don't pretend to yourself H block is anything too special because its done nothing in years.

We're only going to get better in the Dullmoan, and once us 50 from last season are together it'll come good.

Hee hee hee, i am always singing my heart out  chant6ez.gif  and get behind the boys, i just find it amusing after all the pre season build up - "G block is where the noise is at etc" that you boys didnt do too great.

I wasn't taking anything personally, I was trying to suggest we work together, I thought?

At the end of the day, the way I see block G is about 10 or so regularly posted on here trying to get people there to join us if they wanted to sing. It obviously didn't work for whatever reason.

Surely we can do no more without the clubs assistance? However, despite numerous appeals, the club did not add Block G to the plan as a singing area.

So, we are left bickering about who is the loudest instead of working out how we can sort this as fans.

At the end of the day, if I can't hear the Atyeo in Block G, the away fans can't hear it.

If the amount trying in block G is not good enough, then the away fans can just about hear it.

The upshot is 15,400 ish sh-itheads get laughed at by a 1,000 Doncaster fans. This will be repeated all season by even less away fans on most occasions.

The loser is all of us IMO. Hope that doesn't sound too personal! unsure.gif

Id just like to congratulate everyone in the G block yesterday for bringing some atmosphere to the Dolman, it was superb  biggrin.gif

I don't care about all the supposed going on's just thought id add my bit about the noise...

Congrats subbers, keep it up please  biggrin.gif

Yeah, i thorght it was more of a success than people have been saying too. At the start of the first half and a patch about 5 or 10 mins into the 2nd half it was prety loud i thought.

We need to keep songs going for more than 1 or 2 rounds if they're not taking off though, so to build the momentum of the song. Maybe 4 or so rounds.

More people who are up for singing might join us next game. Hopefully G block will get a reputation as a good place to show your pasion through song. This in turn will encourage the rest of the ground to warm up their singing voices.

It's early days and i still believe. Lets keep at it i say. The perserverance can pay off chant6ez.gifcity.gif

Yeah, i thorght it was more of a success than people have been saying too. At the start of the first half and a patch about 5 or 10 mins into the 2nd half it was prety loud i thought.

We need to keep songs going for more than 1 or 2 rounds if they're not taking off though, so to build the momentum of the song. Maybe 4 or so rounds.

More people who are up for singing might join us next game. Hopefully G block will get a reputation as a good place to show your pasion through song. This in turn will encourage the rest of the ground to warm up their singing voices.

It's early days and i still believe. Lets keep at it i say. The perserverance can pay off chant6ez.gif  city.gif

I would love to come and experience the G spot atmoshphere one time this season but I'm slightly put off by all the big men up there. They might not appreciate a lady coming to join them biggrin.gif

Anyway the G block posse, keep it up and lets make Ashton Gate that fortress everyone knows it can be biggrin.gif

I was in E block yesterday, and a newcomer. I was sat in the Williams for a game last season, (Bournmouth) and it seemed like all the singing was coming from the Dolman! I was pleased that G block were singing because the atmosphere took a boost, and when someone starts singing something that I know the words to, I sing along!

I was a bit disappointed by the fans arguing with the stewards though - I'm quite happy to sing sat down, if I sing loud enough and so did everybody else, the atmosphere would be awesome. smile.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed
I would love to come and experience the G spot atmoshphere one time this season but I'm slightly put off by all the big men up there. They might not appreciate a lady coming to join them  biggrin.gif

Anyway the G block posse, keep it up and lets make Ashton Gate that fortress everyone knows it can be  biggrin.gif

Don't worry, I'll look after you innocent.gif

I saw the game from the lower Williams stand, so could hear all of the areas,

i thought it worked quite well having singing areas at both ends of the Dolman,

as long as everyone sings the same song! chant6ez.gif

So come on subbers in G block keep up the singing, keep to songs that everyone knows, and stop arguing with stewards. Its a waste of time banghead.gif

Sorry but werent all seater stadiums brought in due to the tragedy at Hillsborough?

Dollymarie

Partially inaccurate Dollymarie- all seater stadia, would not have stopped Hillsboro, that was an entry problem, and in the same circumstances the same would happen in an all seated ground, sadly.

All seater stadia, were brought in by shocked politicians, arrogant police, scared clubs, and (at the time) a much bigger element of hooliganism than is the case these days, arising from Hillsboro, Heysel, Bradford, Birmingham and others. Regardless of the fans feelings, or the experience in a similar league in everyway, in Europe- Germany, where they still have standing areas, admittedly different to the old terracing, but standing areas all the same, for those who wish to stand there.

Wow, way to work together!  blink.gif

I couldn't hear the Atyeo from Block G, they couldn't hear Block G from there I guess by the comment!

Shall we have a competition?  sleeping.gif

No wait, what about singing at the same time and trying to get those in between going.  A bit radical that fans try and support their team as opposed to out-doing fellow fans, but, worth a go?  smile.gif

wow i agree ,we were all in b block ,and to be honest you get 2 rounds of comon you redz then it stops ,we need to do it constently ,but for some reqason some people just don't do it..i reckon nerves and as for the williams ,they might as well stay at home.

I would love to come and experience the G spot atmoshphere one time this season but I'm slightly put off by all the big men up there. They might not appreciate a lady coming to join them  biggrin.gif

Anyway the G block posse, keep it up and lets make Ashton Gate that fortress everyone knows it can be  biggrin.gif

All are welcome. There is no big men, only tall ones! whistling.gif

You were quiet as ever boys and girls - couldn't hear you here in Greece.

Tinnion out?  smile.gif

ummmmm......... I wonder? I know 2 gas heads who are out in greece at the minute?, best place for um too actually. farmer.gif

Any way, this arguement could go on and on and on, it annoys me when people stand in front of me when i'm trying to watch the game, and I think IF this is to be the new singung area, then all those with season tickets should have the right to swap their seats, but only if they want to, or bring up some kind of vote on where the singers should be, after all, they have a family area, so how about a designated singing area, surley there must be one part of a stand who has an area at the back where no seasion tickets are held that could be allocated to them. dunno.gif

I sing, but i'm a sit down singer, shy blushing.gif i guess, but i do also love to hear it, and be able to watch the game, just like the singers love to sing and watch the game, so spare a thought for those who paid the same as you, to watch and support the same team as you when you want to stand and block the view of others who just might not be able to stand for more than a few minutes at a time.

I will if you will one game?!?! (or maybe they don't want me there after todays shenanigans?)

Dollymarie

There's been shenanigans today? dunno.gif

Why not come and join in. Two women regarded as highly as you are on here will do more to get people in Block G than a few hundred post thread ever would!

It is sad, but it is probably true! w00t.gif

Archived