IGNORED

Dolman Block G

XBOXMAN69

Guest walshy shuffle

I was in bloh h at the bottom near pitch..very annoying..10 minuets before half time..and ten minutes before end fans were streaming past me..could hardly see any action..and when there was a goal chance they stopped and got in my way....told 2 people to get out of my way!! ranting.gif

Guest walshy shuffle
I was in bloh h at the bottom near pitch..very annoying..10 minuets before half time..and ten minutes before end fans were streaming past me..could hardly see any action..and when there was a goal chance they stopped and got in my way....told 2 people to get out of my way!! ranting.gif

sorry i meant bloch h!!! not bloh h!!

Guest pentlandsl
If the stewards fail to act against this type of behaviour then that is down to them.

THOSE PEOPLE ARE NOTHING TO DO WITH US

Rubbish, there was nothing out of the ordinary sung on saturday, my god you are a precious one aren't you. 

My you are one for the dramatic aren't you.

Come the Port Vale game there will not be a problem, we can police ourselves in the main.

The club knew and should have made it a noisey area, blame them.

No, you've got it wrong.

I've been following City for 27 years, in the centre of the East End until we were evicted. I now choose to go in the Dolman instead of the Atyeo as I take my 6 year old with me. I accept he is going to hear swearing and I accept my responsibility in ensuring it is not repeated outside the ground. Some of the chants were, however, much worse than normal.

To say THOSE PEOPLE are nothing to do with you is stretching it a bit, they were instrumental in goading a large part of G block, lemming like, to direct abuse at the Stewards and obstruct the view of many by standing up.

The G block "singing area" is unofficial and is bound by the same rules as the rest of the stadium until the club decide otherwise.

Either the police OR better stewards should have been brought into the area to deal with the problems there as the stewards that WERE there were too intimidated to take the appropriate action against at least 2-3 people who were bang out of order and should have been evicted from the ground.

I stand by what I said, a police prescence in the block G area to back up the stewards at the next match would be a sensible measure as this would then allow the stewards to do their job which is to ensure that EVERYONE gets to see and enjoy the match.

There IS a need for a singing section in the ground but until THE CLUB decide there is one then no such area officially exists and the same rules apply to block G as every other block in the Dolman.

No, you've got it wrong.

I've been following City for 27 years, in the centre of the East End until we were evicted. I now choose to go in the Dolman instead of the Atyeo as I take my 6 year old with me.  I accept he is going to hear swearing and I accept my responsibility in ensuring it is not repeated outside the ground.  Some of the chants were, however, much worse than normal.

To say THOSE PEOPLE are nothing to do with you is stretching it a bit, they were instrumental in goading a large part of G block, lemming like,  to direct abuse at the Stewards and obstruct the view of many by standing up.

The G block "singing area" is unofficial and is bound by the same rules as the rest of the stadium until the club decide otherwise.

Either the police OR better stewards should have been brought into the area to deal with the problems there as the stewards that WERE there were too intimidated to take the appropriate action against at least 2-3 people who were bang out of order and should have been evicted from the ground.

I stand by what I said, a police prescence in the block G area to back up the stewards at the next match would be a sensible measure as this would then allow the stewards to do their job which is to ensure that EVERYONE gets to see and  enjoy the match.

There IS a need for a singing section in the ground but until THE CLUB decide there is one then no such area officially exists and the same rules apply to block G as every other block in the Dolman.

simple thing to do here is move the stewards who had the williams e-block last season to g-block dolman,

the simple fact we grew on each other come the end

of the season and a face you know would be a face you respect and i can say

if a stewards face that those lads knew from last season they would have sat down

they had a way of doing it with out getting in your face.

much has been said about this g-block on how it may be and the stewards went

in like a bull in a china shop trying to stamp their mark on the block, their

way it just did not work it inflamed a pumped up crowd who were ready to get an

atmosphere going, you don't fight fire with petrol? well do you??

i sit right at the very back of the dolman and had a good view of it all going on

now in a ideal world stewards should not have to tell people to sit down but

this is far from an ideal world but when faced with potential problems it is the

way you try and inforce the law that counts.

no one should stand and sing in a all seater stadium but it is just footballs

human nature that makes people do it , i can see both sides on the sit down

stand up argument and i know stewards are just doing their job but this argument

will go on and on untill there is a small area of terrace returned to ashton gate

which we have a better chance of hell freezing over sad.gif

However, from previous Subbers posts both here and at Subcider I have to say there is definitely an underlying tone of aggression in their attitude.  This normally gets passed off as a "joke".  I'm not laughing and it sounds like a lot of people on Saturday weren't either.

I agree, bunch of idiots if you ask me!!! snack.gif

Guest pentlandsl
simple thing to do here is move the stewards who had the williams e-block last season to g-block dolman,

the simple fact we grew on each other come the end

of the season and a face you know would be a face you respect and i can say

if a stewards face that those lads knew from last season they would have sat down

they had a way of doing it with out getting in your face.

much has been said about this g-block on how it may be and the stewards went

in like a bull in a china shop trying to stamp their mark on the block, their

way it just did not work it inflamed a pumped up crowd who were ready to get an

atmosphere going, you don't fight fire with petrol? well do you??

i sit right at the very back of the dolman and had a good view of it all going on

now in a ideal world stewards should not have to tell people to sit down but

this is far from an ideal world but when faced with potential problems it is the

way you try and inforce the law that counts.

no one should stand and sing in a all seater stadium but it is just footballs

human nature that makes people do it , i can see both sides on the sit down

stand up argument and i know stewards are just doing their job but this argument

will go on and on untill there is a small area of terrace returned to ashton gate

which we have a better chance of hell freezing over  sad.gif

Probably the most sensible solution posted yet. If Steve is reading this then can he act on it and switch the stewards around at the next match to see if it makes a difference.

The stewards didn't really go in like a bull in a china shop, I was right next to the worst offender who was persistantly, politely asked to sit down as the lady behind him couldn't see the match. Despite this polite approach by the steward the person in question refused to do so and abused the steward. He should have been ejected in my opinion.

Probably the most sensible solution posted yet.  If Steve is reading this then can he act on it and switch the stewards around at the next match to see if it makes a difference.

The stewards didn't really go in like a bull in a china shop, I was right next to the worst offender who was persistantly, politely asked to sit down as the lady behind him couldn't see the match.  Despite this polite approach by the steward the person in question refused to do so and abused the steward.  He should have been ejected in my opinion.

a bull in a china shop reference was to the other side when the flag was being

put up and words exchanged there about the flag not being allowed to be put on the wall and that set the

tone with others who witnessed this and sparked off a fan v stewards thing,

i got no problem with being told the flag can't go up if thats a new rule

but as i've said it is how your asked.

What I can't understand is why decide on the G block in the Dolman to congregate for "singing" ?

Why not join the Atyeo or move closer to Dolman B block - say E block ?

At least you'll make yourselves heard, maybe join in the songs and chants and add to the atmosphere. At times I heard the Atyeo and B block join together which was good, but I heard very little from G block - and I was in C block ! It's like little pockets of sound around the ground, but no concentrated area of sound.

You never know, if we have B and E blocks making noise, then C and D might join in.

No wonder they say AG is a library if we have little factions of vocal support which has the effect of diminishing the sound overall.

this would be the ideal ideal scenario, however there was already a large amount

of season ticket holders in the Atyeo & Dolman B block so we could not be relocated together from our large williams e-block group, belive me we did try.

also the atyeo family area from the dolman was and has been moved to the atyeo.

Same for E block ? Be much noiser as it's closer to B block noise.  Just a thought, I'm sure all options were considered...

e-block williams? if so the club were approached and asked about a area

for a group of about 40 originally where we could be seated together for

singing and at the time e-block williams was netted off after the millwall

thing, so the club said we could go there,

malaggro knows more about this.

Guest WillsbridgeRed
I meant e block dolman to be closer to the B block noise makers - but thats probably full with ST holders anyway  doh.gif

G block was vergin territory, looking 90% unused for most matches, simply the best place to move to with our numbers.

It's ours now so the club might as well move in the stewards from last season, offer people who want to move alternative seats and give those more precious fans in neighbouring blocks Ear muffs incase they hear a naughty word.

I meant e block dolman to be closer to the B block noise makers - but thats probably full with ST holders anyway  doh.gif

i see, yeah true.

role on the new stand and we can see what happens then but i'm

sure it will calm down in g-block but for big games it might be a bit

stand up sit down, thats human nature at football.

To be fair I sit in the E Block and thought the atmosphere created by the G Blockers was quality - brought some extra life to the stand. If you need to stand up to sing then so be it, it makes it easier and you usually stand up at away games so stop moaning and enjoy the atmospere. I for one hate sitting down at matches, just the boring people who want to view and moan at everything

Why don't the people who refused to sit down when asked just get a life! They ruined the whole game for the people behind them. One word - SELFISH!!

What a quality wind up e-mail!!!

I wish i would of thought of this one!

All the people who backed up XBOXMAN, you must have been having a good laugh!!

I still do not know why people can't stand up at a football game, it's ridiculous.

Somebody actually telling/orderinmg you how you should behave for no reason. Wish i had that sort of power!

Still glad to see that most people think that and those who post otherwise are just on a wind up!

Fair play, i do enjoy humour on the forum!

What I can't understand is why decide on the G block in the Dolman to congregate for "singing" ?

I like G block because its closer to the away fans for the banter factor, that is one of the reasons why everyone moved to A+B block dolman origionally. Also the fact that the closer we are to them the more chance they have of actually hearing us. Away fans can't actually hear the Ateyo.

G block can work. chant6ez.gifcity.gif

Archived