IGNORED

Just Read This Message From Net Centre

richieb

This is my first post for a couple of years as i got pi***d off with Moronic posts.

Things have not changed.  How can anyone moan that Tinnion is on Holiday.

My mate is good friends with Brian and he has gone through hell.  He had to get rid of fans favourite Tommy Doc because he had no respect for the club.  He was out on the Pi** before trying to play.  Dinning the same.  leroy wanted to go, so his hands were tied.  He has got good players in, but unfortunatly they haven`t clicked yet.  Because of this and the fact that he loves the club,  he still worked 7 days,  he still stayed up watching city games on videos half the night trying to get it right even with a new born Baby to consider.

How have you got the audasity to say that he doesn`t deserve a holiday.

PRATS !

I still think he is the right man to take the club forward but with a Jim Smith/ Dave Bassett type to help him on the coaching side.  We might get a John Gregory or a Peter Reid bu tthey won`t give two hoots about BRISTOL CITY.

I give it 3 Months before people are moaning about the new manager

dunno.gif

biggrin.gif

Your name on your profile, just about sums you & this post up

Hugh Janus. dance.gif

And facts right before setting off on a 'I love Brian' post.

I didn't say anything about BT not deserving a holiday.

My point was that IMHO he hasn't earned (earn't) that drink.

We are in freefall, BT couldn't do the job he was asked to do & for this he has earned a drink!

Get over it, BT failed & was the wrong appt.

banghead.gif

biggrin.gif

Hugh Janus.  dance.gif

We are in freefall, BT couldn't do the job he was asked to do & for this he has earned a drink!

banghead.gif

Reading through this thread, there's only one person who needs to 'get over it'. That person would be you.

But as you're already slinging abuse at someone who has only just rejoined the forum, I'm not overly surprised to be honest.

He's not toasting his failure. For crying out loud, you know that fine well and are just twisting it to make him look like he's celebrating the fact he resigned.

I am sure he's going through hell at the moment.

Read a few of the replies and you will understand why any man in his position would do what he's doing.

I am not the one trying to twist.

All I am saying that 'what has BT done to earn a well earned drink'

Frank, I don't think he is celebrating he has resigned.

And its not about BT - its about fans who think he has earned reward for failure.

banghead.gif

To deserve and earn mean essentially the same thing. So now you're saying he's earnt the holiday but not the drink? What are you trying to say, other than have a very transparent attack at Dave?

I am not the one trying to twist.

All I am saying that 'what has BT done to earn a well earned drink'

Frank, I don't think he is celebrating he has resigned.

And its not about BT - its about fans who think he has earned reward for failure.

banghead.gif

So you've never tried your best but failed at anything and had a mate say "Come on, let's go and have a drink, you've earned it."?

God I can't believe I'm persisting with this.

To deserve and earn mean essentially the same thing. So now you're saying he's earnt the holiday but not the drink? What are you trying to say, other than have a very transparent attack at Dave?

I think he's saying it's fine for him to have a holiday as long as he dies of dehydration in the process.

Not a poster attack.

It just happened to be Dave.

I am saying that if BT has gone away on hols to gather thoughts - fine.

But has he earned that drink?

I will switch it around.

Question.

We know BT has got away after the nightmare of Swansea (or the last 15 months for that case)

Has he earn't the drink that he will be no doubt sipping. ?

Not a poster attack.

It just happened to be Dave.

I am saying that if BT has gone away on hols to gather thoughts - fine.

But has he earned that drink?

I will switch it around.

Question.

We know BT has got away after the nightmare of Swansea (or the last 15 months for that case)

Has he earn't the drink that he will be no doubt sipping. ?

This has been answered at least half a dozen times now. I'm off for a drink, I think I've earned it.

Frank, yep caught your replies.

And if I could get a pint of 'BEST ANNOYED' I would.  biggrin.gif

Don't do bitter !!

Like you said, he did his best & failed - thats fact & I don't have a problem with that.

But have a drink to failure - beats me. How can this be earned (earn't) ?  dunno.gif

If he was sunning himself, enjoying a drink - fine good luck to him. But if we say he earned it then we do set our expectations low.

Its like saying the players earn a drink.  biggrin.gif

None of them deserve or have earned anything.

banghead.gif

Richie you're talking complete arse.

If I work 12 hours a day seven days a week for over a year with just one week off I've earned a bloody break, whether or not the project was complete on time or we won the deal. So Tinnion has more than earned a week off with a couple of beers in my book.

He wasn't successful as a manager, doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to whether or not he deserves break with his family and young child from all of the stress.

You're making this unnecessarily personal - frankly it's none of yours or anyone else's business.

Nibor

Richie you're talking complete arse.

If I work 12 hours a day seven days a week for over a year with just one week off I've earned a bloody break, whether or not the project was complete on time or we won the deal.  So Tinnion has more than earned a week off with a couple of beers in my book.

He wasn't successful as a manager, doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to whether or not he deserves break with his family and young child from all of the stress.

You're making this unnecessarily personal - frankly it's none of yours or anyone else's business.

Nibor

Complete Ar$e ?

Your opinion & very tactfully put. doh.gif

Agree BT wasn't a successful manager.

He has gone away to get his 'thoughts together' - no probs

Were we this concerned after DW left. ?

In my opinion (and it's MY opinion) - I look at this club in freefall & the continued decline over 15 months & I can't say what BT has done to have earned his drink ?

All managers work hard, they get the sack or resign for a reason.

Fact is we failed, let BT go & gather his thoughts & decide where he goes from here.

Let him decide what went wrong.

To earn something is by way of reward.

Maybe the word that should have been used is a 'consoling drink'

I think you are on the wrong lines - but wouldn't think that you were talking out your ar$e. You have an opinion. And thats what this is all about.

My opinion. Your opinion.

biggrin.gif

Complete Ar$e ?

Your opinion & very tactfully put. doh.gif

Agree BT wasn't a successful manager.

He has gone away to get his 'thoughts together' - no probs

Were we this concerned after DW left. ?

In my opinion (and it's MY opinion) - I look at this club in freefall & the continued decline over 15 months & I can't say what BT has done to have earned his drink ?

All managers work hard, they get the sack or resign for a reason.

Fact is we failed, let BT go & gather his thoughts & decide where he goes from here.

Let him decide what went wrong.

I think you are on the wrong lines - but wouldn't think that you were talking out your ar$e. You have an opinion. And thats what this is all about.

My opinion. Your opinion.

biggrin.gif

You're th one who brought this up and blew it out of proportion. So you tell us if YOU were this concerned about Wilson, as you seem to be the only one concerned about Tinnion having a drink.

"Your name on your profile, just about sums you & this post up

Hugh Janus."

You told him he was talking out of his arse. Suddenly it's not a tactful thing to do when someone else says it?

Sorry, I was going for a drink wasn't I.

In the many years I have been contributing to this forum I have always tried really hard not to get personal with people, to listen to the other person's point of view and try and understand both sides of the argument. But this is just the latest in a long line of tripe spouted by richie, and I for one have had enough of it.

Lots of people have expressed well argued, cogent passionate views about BT's suitability as a manager over the last year or so. Undoubtedly he made mistakes, and undoubtedly after the Swansea game he had to leave, which he did with dignity. He has paid the price for his shortcomings as manager - he has lost his job. Having had only one week off in the last year and a half, and worked 7 days a week for the rest of the time, it would take a seriously small minded, petty individual to deny him and his family a well-EARNED break at this traumatic time in his life. Step forward richie.

Of course there is a debate to be had about BT's time as manager. The wisdom of his appointment, the success or otherwise of his tenure, the legacy of his time at the helm. I'm happy to take part in that debate.

But richie has pursued a one-eyed, personal anti Tinnion agenda since before BT ever even became manager. He has spread unsubstantiated rumours and told downright lies, some of which verge on the libellous. He has overstepped the line of what I consider to be reasonable, frank and honest debate. He should be thoroughly ashamed of himself, but he won't be.

In the many years I have been contributing to this forum I have always tried really hard not to get personal with people, to listen to the other person's point of view and try and understand both sides of the argument. But this is just the latest in a long line of tripe spouted by richie, and I for one have had enough of it.

Lots of people have expressed well argued, cogent passionate views about BT's suitability as a manager over the last year or so. Undoubtedly he made mistakes, and undoubtedly after the Swansea game he had to leave, which he did with dignity. He has paid the price for his shortcomings as manager - he has lost his job. Having had only one week off  in the last year and a half, and worked 7 days a week for the rest of the time, it would take a seriously small minded, petty individual to deny him and his family a well-EARNED break at this traumatic time in his life. Step forward richie.

Of course there is a debate to be had about BT's time as manager. The wisdom of his appointment, the success or otherwise of his tenure, the legacy of his time at the helm. I'm happy to take part in that debate.

But richie has pursued a one-eyed, personal anti Tinnion agenda since before BT ever even became manager. He has spread unsubstantiated rumours and told downright lies, some of which verge on the libellous. He has overstepped the line of what I consider to be reasonable, frank and honest debate. He should be thoroughly ashamed of himself, but he won't be.

Well said Dave.

biggrin.gif

Hugh Janus.  dance.gif

banghead.gif

I am pretty sure he is not on holiday having a laugh. Anyway if it was me and i just lost my job, i would not give a ###t, i WOULD go away and get smashed every night

Your reply to my original post with an insult does not suprise me ( after reading your earlier posts richie )

handbags.gif

Lots of people have expressed well argued, cogent passionate views about BT's suitability as a manager over the last year or so. Undoubtedly he made mistakes, and undoubtedly after the Swansea game he had to leave, which he did with dignity. He has paid the price for his shortcomings as manager - he has lost his job. Having had only one week off  in the last year and a half, and worked 7 days a week for the rest of the time, it would take a seriously small minded, petty individual to deny him and his family a well-EARNED break at this traumatic time in his life. Step forward richie.

Your views & nothing more than I would expect.

You have your opinion & I am very welcome to mine.

I DON'T tell lies, but I wouldn't expect you to be happy with any anti BT allegations.

Why should I be ashamed, I express a view & I thought a forum was the place to do it.

Anyhow the bottom line is that BT failed as a manager. Didn't have to have one eye to realise it would happen.

And it looks as if SL is about to make another popular appt.

biggrin.gif

Which, of course, is exactly what was being implied. By pretending to have read it any other way it is clear that this is nothing but a thinly veiled assault on Dave's friendship with Brian.

Don't you remain loyal and supportive to your friends in time of crisis, Richie? Isn't that what friends are meant to do?

I DON'T tell lies, but I wouldn't expect you to be happy with any anti BT allegations.

Why should I be ashamed, I express a view & I thought a forum was the place to do it.

Anyhow the bottom line is that BT failed as a manager. Didn't have to have one eye to realise it would happen.

biggrin.gif

All you've done here is underline the point DaveL was making, I'm sorry to say.

Richie, I'd have expected you to show a little class after Tinnion stepped down, but unfortunately you've seen fit to continue the insinuations and character assassinations. It's puerile and childish.

Fancy going to the length of crossposting something from rivals on here just to argue about whether the man deserved a drink.... sounds like some sort of obsession to me. You've really pushed the envelope for pedantry in this thread.

Nibor

Richie, I'd have expected you to show a little class after Tinnion stepped down, but unfortunately you've seen fit to continue the insinuations and character assassinations.  It's puerile and childish.

Fancy going to the length of crossposting something from rivals on here just to argue about whether the man deserved a drink.... sounds like some sort of obsession to me.  You've really pushed the envelope for pedantry in this thread.

Nibor

Nibor,

Thanx for your thoughts.

I will take this on board.

I take it we will differ on this point.

I find it interesting how some fans views vary on success & failure.

Obsessed ? dunno.gif

No really concerned that we are in freefall. doh.gif

Richie, I'd have expected you to show a little class after Tinnion stepped down, but unfortunately you've seen fit to continue the insinuations and character assassinations.  It's puerile and childish.

Fancy going to the length of crossposting something from rivals on here just to argue about whether the man deserved a drink.... sounds like some sort of obsession to me.  You've really pushed the envelope for pedantry in this thread.

Nibor

After yet another appaling display from you boys last night, surely a new manager would not be able to turn around City's season now.

Welcome to life in League 2.

Just think at least there will be local Derby's next season..

Perhaps, I get a little emotional about MY club.

But posts like this are just one of the reasons, I get uptight when I see this club freefall & some posters feel it right to think that our ex manager has earn't some reward.

Maybe me dunno.gif

Absolutely. I wrote a piece straight after Swansea about the stress that he must have been under. The sight of him sitting in the dugouts still haunts me, and I wasn't there to witness it in person , luckily. I'm glad he made the decision to step down, for his sake, he was killing himself.

I can't believe anyone would deny him a drink. If I had a chance I'd love to buy him one and shake his hand again. He is a person for Gods sake. Don't you think he knows he has failed at the very thing he wanted to do, lead Bristol City into the championship. If he is away in the sun and drinking, good for him. But do you really think he wouldn't swop it to be Manager again, does that drink really taste good or does it stick in his throat?

Absolutely. I wrote a piece straight after Swansea about the stress that he must have been under. The sight of him sitting in the dugouts still haunts me, and I wasn't there  to witness it in person , luckily. I'm glad he made the decision to step down, for his sake, he was killing himself.

I can't believe anyone would deny him a drink. If I had a chance I'd love to buy him one and shake his hand again. He is a person for Gods sake. Don't you think he knows he has failed at the very thing he wanted to do, lead Bristol City into the championship. If he is away in the sun and drinking, good for him. But do you really think he wouldn't swop it to be Manager again, does that drink really taste good or does it stick in his throat?

It's called humanity RedM, and thanks for restoring a bit of my faith in it. Sadly, while you were being haunted by that image and feeling sympathy for a man who had given it his everything and failed, there were plenty of people grinning, phoning each other, laughing, patting each other on the back and generally celebrating. Of that I have little doubt.

Nibor,

Thanx for your thoughts.

I will take this on board.

I take it we will differ on this point.

I find it interesting how some fans views vary on success & failure.

Obsessed ?  dunno.gif

No really concerned that we are in freefall.  doh.gif

On the contrary Richie, it's when the club is in crisis that you seem to enjoy yourself the most.

I bet you can't wait for the next appointment, so that you can load up on the "Told You So's" as soon as possible.

biggrin.gif

You really are a piece of work Richieb, I used to think that your posts were at least thought provoking if maybe lacking in fact but I have come to the conclusion that your just out to make trouble in every single way possible.

Heres an idea for you, We all know your thoughts on BT, christ you took every oppertunity to post them so how about you take a back seat on that now he has gone. The bloke was treated badly by a section of supporters IMO, he wasnt up to the job but didnt deserve the personal abuse from the likes of you. He worked very hard but it didnt happen so lets just leave it at that.

You trawling over various message boards looking for some post to copy and paste back here is childish at best and shows you up to be exactly what you are, a small minded idiot who I assume gets some sort of kick over thinly veiled attempts at abuse.

You have been shown up to be a liar in the past when you used multiple login id's to back up some sad argument that you were trying to start so don't go on about not lying !

I'm just dissapointed that you and your "views" are representing me and my views on the FCF.

don't worry about coming back at me about attacking the poster because I'm quite happy to sit here and tell you yes I am personally attacking you, no I don't care what smily you use when replying and quite honestly I don't care if I'm banned as its worth it just to let you know that I think you have gone to far on this occasion, Perhaps you would like to use on of your alternative id's to reply ?

Archived