IGNORED

Just Read This Message From Net Centre

richieb

• Admin
See here is a typical response.

Fingers, I don't have an axe to grind. Other posters make this an issue.

All I have is an opinion that BT shouldn't be awarded such praise.

Why is my view unbalanced & why is it wrong.

As I said before, I aired my views & concerns at the BT appt at a FCF meeting.

And I was openly laughed at.

So whose views turned out to be more balanced.

dunno.gif

One post, on another forum, saying Tinnion had earned his drink is hardly praise and why you chose to copy and paste it here to vent your spleen is beyond my comprehension.

He's gone FFS, the immediate problems of the club going down the pan are somewhat more pressing than a personal vendetta against the ex Manager. He cocked it up, we know it, he knows it, but the last thing I feel he deserves is to have a continued attack on him.

If the boards appointment isn't to your liking, I suppose we're in for another campaign of words to undermine the Manager.

By the same token...if you work in computers and your boss tasked you to fix a problem, and you spent 7 days a week working your nuts off to fix it, and gave everything you had, but were unable to succeed, how would you feel if you were told you didn't deserve a holiday or a drink just because it was still broken?

You see my point?

RichieB's point is not about recognition. No-one is arguing that BT deserves an open-top bus ride for being a successful manager. His record obviously does not justify that. The point RichieB is making - completely warped in the opinion of myself and most others is this thread is any indication - is that he hasn't put in enough to have 'earn't' a drink and shouldn't be allowed to have a short break to recover from something that would have knocked the stuffing out of any of us.

RT, in your opinion my views are warped - thats fine that is your opinion.

Dosn't make me a worse fan than anyone else. I hold views & they differ from yours.

And it's the few like yourself who want to dress the views up as vitriol - its not that way.

Your points are reflecting that. I didn't say anything about denying BT a short break.

My whole point is that I don't feel that BT has earnt his drink. Thats my view.

I see a club thats struggling & I see a view that supports an ex manager who in their view is deserving of a drink.

Its a differing view - so what.

Guest routabout

Somebody will have to show themself as above it and just stop, if this argument is ever going to end. Otherwise, some of our more respected users are going to really let themselves down.

It's quite simple really, just don't rise to the bait.

I suppose I'll get flamed for that, but hey, I'm used to it. wink.gif

Go on, everybody give me a load of abuse, at least that might not have such a negative effect on the general mood here and we can all get back to supporting the, um, badge? Or is the badge guilty in all of this too?

I know this is non of my business, any more than it is anybody else's. But for pity's sake, can we just leave it now?

I feel REALLY passionately against what went on at Forest last night, but I saw that the arguments weren't doing anybody any good and butted out. It wasn't easy, but I did. Same principle, no more, no less.

Well, I appreciate yuor sentiment routabout but feel the need to comment on a couple of things:

1 - I would agree that a number of Ritchie's posts are idiotic, including evrything in this post. IN MY OPINION.

2 - I would also agree that it is inconsiderate to post these things when BT is likely to be hurting

3 - BT has earned all the r&r he is able to get before his future is sorted out and I would buy him a drink!

But then, you knew I'd say all that didn't you ritchie!

4 - Ritchie does represent the views of some fans ans as such is worth his place on the FCF for me. I agree with very few things he ever says but some people do. some people have on here!!

5 - Arguing amongst ourselves is not going to help. There are some extremely well respected posters on here, people whose posts I would rather read than Ritchie's(!!) but seriously, we must all try not to attack the individuals.

I know it is hard to keep your frustrations intact but from memory, I don't think Ritchie has attacked any one poster and that is to his credit.

Guest routabout
Well, I appreciate yuor sentiment routabout but feel the need to comment on a couple of things:

1 - I would agree that a number of Ritchie's posts are idiotic, including evrything in this post.  IN MY OPINION.

2 - I would also agree that it is inconsiderate to post these things when BT is likely to be hurting

3 - BT has earned all the r&r he is able to get before his future is sorted out and I would buy him a drink!

4 - Ritchie does represent the views of some fans ans as such is worth his place on the FCF for me.  I agree with very few things he ever says but some people do.  some people have on here!!

5 - Arguing amongst ourselves is not going to help.  There are some extremely well respected posters on here, people whose posts I would rather read than Ritchie's(!!) but seriously, we must all try not to attack the individuals. 

I know it is hard to keep your frustrations intact but from memory, I don't think Ritchie has attacked any one poster and that is to his credit.

I fully agree luke. But I just feel that this argument is going into the 'I must have the last word' realm and does contain too many digs, mainly directed AT richie, to be considered a debate. I'm not siding with anybody or anything along those lines even.

I know that I can appear to be an argumentative and very stubborn sod, but even I know when to butt out, for the greater good.

Just my tuppeny worth. I really will butt back out now and leave them to it. It's just a shame it wasn't two chicks, I'd even pay for the jelly.

As I said before, I aired my views & concerns at the BT appt at a FCF meeting.

And I was openly laughed at.

Why were you airing your own personal view of the appointment at the FCF meeting? I didnt realise that on the field matters were ever on the agenda of the FCF. If they are can you please enlighten us of what you propose to whine about at the next meeting, as after all you are representing rofl2br.gif the fans.

I don't see too many people rushing to your side here Richie. Perhaps you should do the honourable thing and stand down from your position with the FCF and take your well earn't drink.

Why were you airing your own personal view of the appointment at the FCF meeting?  I didnt realise that on the field matters were ever on the agenda of the FCF.  If they are can you please enlighten us of what you propose to whine about at the next meeting, as after all you are representing rofl2br.gif the fans.

Interesting point KNR - And you are right, the FCF firmly concentrates on off field matters. But as we did when BT left, it is always interesting to hear CS discuss the happenings with management etc. And we also had BT & SL at various meetings. The managers position has always been a hot potato & its general discusion - not decision making.

I don't see too many people rushing to your side here Richie.  Perhaps you should do the honourable thing and stand down from your position with the FCF and take your well earn't drink.

I have never been afraid to air my views & if you think I worry about the regular 'hard core' posters then you are wrong. As for standing down, I actually havn't failed in my job on the FCF. As I have an opinon & views that I hope bring something to the party.

1 - I would agree that a number of Ritchie's posts are idiotic, including evrything in this post.  IN MY OPINION.

4 - Ritchie does represent the views of some fans ans as such is worth his place on the FCF for me.  I agree with very few things he ever says but some people do.  some people have on here!!

5 - Arguing amongst ourselves is not going to help.  There are some extremely well respected posters on here, people whose posts I would rather read than Ritchie's(!!) but seriously, we must all try not to attack the individuals. 

Luke, exactly how things should be.

You disagree with some of my views & say so in a very clear & understood way.

We have had many disagreements during our times on the FCF.

But you rightly draw the line at personal abuse.

Its all about opinions - and we had many indepth discussions about BT & while you disagreed with my view at least you listened & put your points over.

biggrin.gif

Somebody will have to show themself as above it and just stop, if this argument is ever going to end. Otherwise, some of our more respected users are going to really let themselves down.

Go on, everybody give me a load of abuse, at least that might not have such a negative effect on the general mood here and we can all get back to supporting the, um, badge? Or is the badge guilty in all of this too?

I know this is non of my business, any more than it is anybody else's. But for pity's sake, can we just leave it now?

I feel REALLY passionately against what went on at Forest last night, but I saw that the arguments weren't doing anybody any good and butted out. It wasn't easy, but I did. Same principle, no more, no less.

Agree, The last 15 months have really divided the loyal fanbase.

And perhaps in hindsight, raising this topic wasn't the most sensitive thing to do. Especially considering the few who still grieve the loss of BT.

But I tend to say it as it is.

If I had said that DW was worth a drink after Cardiff, I would have got blasted by posters - so its a no win situation.

Because I say it as I see it, certain posters take it personally & thats when it gets a tadge personal.

The club is in freefall - both on & off the pitch & we have to stand up & realise the mess we are in.

Roll on the managerial appt.

biggrin.gif

Yep, you're quite right.

The fact that the orignator of this thread is now actually bragging about the number of responses it's drawn only goes to prove it was a wind up/troll exercise and I apologise for being sucker enough to get drawn into it.

Yep, you're quite right.

The fact that the orignator of this thread is now actually bragging about the number of responses it's drawn only goes to prove it was a wind up/troll exercise and I apologise for being sucker enough to get drawn into it.

biggrin.gif

100 posts is something, not a brag, just an observation.

As for the troll bit - biggrin.gif - giveaway. doh.gif

I

Never been much of a fan then breezy ?

Like I have said, I see it - I say it.

I find the response to the original post facinating.

I think it is good that someone with such views has a chance to sit on the FCF.

Boy you talk of other ID's - lets not start that one.

One question breezey - did you think DW was badly treated?  dunno.gif

I didn't see so much support there ?

Richie you don't make much sense with your criptic response's but for the sake of being polite I will try and answer....

If you read my post properly you will see that I was actually a fan of your posts, I have found myself tearing my hair out in conversations with you in the past but I always thought your points were well made. By trawling over other message boards to take cheap shots at Dave I think you let yourself down, Look back through my history on here and see how many times I have "lost it" with a poster?

If you stuck to the facts I wouldnt have any problem with you representing all city fans, What I do take exception with is the fishing and wind up stuff you do.

I'm not a boy, I'm 27 so I think that makes me a man......

I have never logged in under other ID's so that means nothing to me, you however have hence my point. As I remember it you denied it and you were proved to be lying.

You may remember Richie i was one person who was aware of the Swindon coach rumors about DW and I was in complete agreement with you. I'm well aware of all the BT rumors towards the end of DW's reign but unlike you I don't keep going back to it. Not really sure what that has to do with you trawling other message boards to take cheap shots though ??

I

Richie you don't make much sense with your criptic response's but for the sake of being polite I will try and answer....

Beezey, I appreciate a well thought out response - it makes life a lot easier. Sorry if you thought my views were cryptic, they weren't meant to be.

If you read my post properly you will see that I was actually a fan of your posts, I have found myself tearing my hair out in conversations with you in the past but I always thought your points were well made. By trawling over other message boards to take cheap shots at Dave I think you let yourself down, Look back through my history on here and see how many times I have "lost it" with a poster?

Believe me, this wasn't mean't as a cheap shot at DaveL. It just happened to him who was making a point, that I totally diasgreed with. I do read other forums, but as much as you may think, I don't trawl them for swipes at posters. I only really use this forum as a rule & wanted to make a point about how some fans were wanting to reward an ex manager. For what IMHO was not a job well done. Dress it up as you wish, but beezey I can honestly tell you that it was the content of the post not the poster I was addressing. I didn't attack DaveL. The best way to make my point on the forum I always use was to cut & paste the article.

In hindsight, I could have just said that I was disappointed to read on forums that some fans believe that BT has earnt his drink. It was NOT a dig at DaveL.

If you stuck to the facts I wouldnt have any problem with you representing all city fans, What I do take exception with is the fishing and wind up stuff you do.

Its all down to interpretation. Its not fishing & it's not a wind up. I genuinely was annoyed with the fact that some were saying that BT had earned his drink. I don't look back at what BT was as a player. I see what mess we are in NOW. It's like I said. If after DW was sacked & I had posted that he was away on hols & fully earned his drink on his sun lounger, I would have be destroyed for such a comment. Passions were running high after Cardiff. DW improved our standing season after season & blew it in a one off game. But he left us in good nick. BT resigned leaving us in a bit of a state. So I am surprised that fans want to forget this & try in remember him for the service he gave as a player. Where am I  not sticking to facts ?

I'm not a boy, I'm 27 so I think that makes me a man......

I have never logged in under other ID's so that means nothing to me, you however have hence my point. As I remember it you denied it and you were proved to be lying.

Again it was down to a few posters who desperatly wanted me to fall on some things I had said. But much of the confusion was me thinking I couldn't use a same log-in when on line in work. We could bring up the slinky episode ?

You may remember Richie i was one person who was aware of the Swindon coach rumors about DW and I was in complete agreement with you. I'm well aware of all the BT rumors towards the end of DW's reign but unlike you I don't keep going back to it. Not really sure what that has to do with you trawling other message boards to take cheap shots though ??

beezey, you are right, all the doubts that I had about BT getting the job & fullfilling the job have come home to roost. But please trust me. I do not trawl the forums for cheap shots at other users. I was trying to make a point about an ex manager who IMHO was wrongly being judged to have earned his drink. Thats just the way I feel.

I feel let down by SL & BT over the last 15 months & perhaps I do get too emotional about the way some fans still praise the man who has dragged us backwards.

But its this passion that wants the best for BCFC. Both on the pitch & off it.

I joined the FCF because I want the best for this club.

Archived