IGNORED

Just Read This Message From Net Centre

richieb

Sorry to keep you on line.

And thanks for the compliment.

Never a dull moment.

I think 'idiot' is a bit strong. As it's a view, it may differ from yours. but It's my opinion.

And again, someone who twist's things.

I havn't said anything about denying BT his holiday.

If you bother to read, its about posters who are still grieving for BT.

A failed manager who we are being told has earnt his drink !

No one has bothered to respond to the fact that if DW was in this position - I am sure certain posters wouldn't have been so complimentry if I had posed the same statement that DaveL did.

DW went on holiday after Cardiff for a well earnt drink.  dunno.gif

Imagine what this comment would have started.

It seems that it's a rule for one & not another.

You know the worst thing Richieb I don't think some people understand............ I firmly believe that would buy BT a pint and stand there and drink to his future

Some might say that would be hypocritical ........ but I'd say different.

Agreed in the full RedTop.

When one fan peddles his own agenda, clearly against the views of a huge number of fans, he shouldn't represent them to the club.

Can someone from the FCF enlighten us how Richie got "selected"?

So, fingers, you do anything nice at the weekend?

Sorry, just thought I'd ask in the hope that the annoying guy who calls 30+ posters 'half a dozen or so' might take the hint that none of us give an arse for his nasty opinions and go and bother people elsewhere.

It's a bit like when you accidentally make eye contact with the pub bore and can't get rid of his ludicrous ramblings for the evening.

I've always been one of Tinman's biggest fans, but if I was sat on the next sunlounger to him right now, I'd tip that bl00dy drink all over his head for what he's done to our team.

I feel your reply is ridiculous. Tinnion shares some of the blame. Most of the blame, I feel goes to Steve L for appointing him.

Tins was asked to do the job.

He accepted.

He gave it everything he had.

It wasn't good enough(unfortunately).

He failed.

I'm pretty sure that if most City fans were offered the hotseat, then we'd have had a go also.

Shire_redz.

So, fingers, you do anything nice at the weekend?

Sorry, just thought I'd ask in the hope that the annoying guy who calls 30+ posters 'half a dozen or so' might take the hint that none of us give an arse for his nasty opinions and go and bother people elsewhere.

It's a bit like when you accidentally make eye contact with the pub bore and can't get rid of his ludicrous ramblings for the evening.

Frank.............. I have no axe to grind with you , as they say

But there are those of us on this forum that find this thread an interesting read.... if nothing else and that includes your opinons.

We may agree we may not but.................

Let's have a look at the facts (as I see them):

Brian Tinnion had a long and distinguished playing career with BCFC before he took over from DW. Had he concentrated on playing out his career with us, he would be considered a legend. As it is, he gambled it all on a management career with us and it did not pay off. Whether or not he is directly to blame is open to debate, but the fact that he came in with no experience meant that anything other than immediate success would give the fans the instant gratification they needed to feel comfortable with him. Such high expectiations were not managed well by the board who laid out vague yet ambitious objectives. In short, BT accepted a poisoned chalice thinking it was the Holy Grail.

The first season in charge ended in relative disappointment by finishing one point outside the play-off zone. Had our prominent and media savvy board done a better job of absorbing that pressure or managing fans' expectations this might well have been seen as a decent start to his management career. As it was, it was widely looked on as a huge step backwards and the blame laid at Tinnion's door.

It does seem that BT also had a certain amount of sh|t to deal with that an outsider might not have. Certain ex-colleagues of Brian's (now subordinates) were off-loaded as it seemed they had a problem respecting him as manager. The star player that had been given his big chance under him was then sold by the board. 7 new players (2 of them highly paid) came in and have failed to gel or deliver quickly enough. BT's lack of experience dealing with this was laid wide open. There was no-one around to help out.

Brian's dedication to the cause and his quest to "get it right" has been visible for everyone to see. No-one more than him would have wanted to get off to a successful start to a new and challenging dimension to their career. Apart from the fact that his future livelihood depended on it, I am sure he desperately wanted to deliver promotion for the club he loves. As it was, he has been forced to move on.

Over the last 15 months or so, Tinnion has gone from hero to zero with the fans of a club he loves. His reputation has been tarnished and his potential for new employment at managerial level seems questionable at best. His effort, howver, cannot be faulted.

I think the bloke deserves a pint and some respect for his contribution to the club.

PS - For the record richie, you can spell it "earnt" or "earned" but definitley NOT "earn't".

I could'nt have wrote that better myself, If i was to see BT in the Pub I would buy him a beer, he worked his socks off for the Club and Fans so the amount of S?%& he is getting on here is absolutely shocking in my eyes.

I know people are Intituled to air there views but have a little compassion for a bloke who was not only the manager but a fan as well.

BT is most probably torturing himself over this whole episode of disappointment and is intitled to get away from it all with his family to sort his head out.

I would be pleased to see him play one more game for the Redz as a fair well to all the city fans who appreciate what he did for the club.

city.gif

You really are a piece of work Richieb, I used to think that your posts were at least thought provoking if maybe lacking in fact but I have come to the conclusion that your just out to make trouble in every single way possible.

Heres an idea for you, We all know your thoughts on BT, christ you took every oppertunity to post them so how about you take a back seat on that now he has gone. The bloke was treated badly by a section of supporters IMO, he wasnt up to the job but didnt deserve the personal abuse from the likes of you. He worked very hard but it didnt happen so lets just leave it at that.

You trawling over various message boards looking for some post to copy and paste back here is childish at best and shows you up to be exactly what you are, a small minded idiot who I assume gets some sort of kick over thinly veiled attempts at abuse.

You have been shown up to be a liar in the past when you used multiple login id's to back up some sad argument that you were trying to start so don't go on about not lying !

I'm just dissapointed that you and your "views" are representing me and my views on the FCF.

don't worry about coming back at me about attacking the poster because I'm quite happy to sit here and tell you yes I am personally attacking you, no I don't care what smily you use when replying and quite honestly I don't care if I'm banned as its worth it just to let you know that I think you have gone to far on this occasion, Perhaps you would like to use on of your alternative id's to reply ?

Never been much of a fan then breezy ?

Like I have said, I see it - I say it.

I find the response to the original post facinating.

I think it is good that someone with such views has a chance to sit on the FCF.

Boy you talk of other ID's - lets not start that one.

One question breezey - did you think DW was badly treated? dunno.gif

I didn't see so much support there ?

I could'nt have wrote that better myself, If i was to see BT in the Pub I would buy him a beer, he worked his socks off for the Club and Fans so the amount of S?%& he is getting on here is absolutely shocking in my eyes.

I know people are Intituled to air there views but have a little compassion for a bloke who was not only the manager but a fan as well.

BT is most probably torturing himself over this whole episode of disappointment and is intitled to get away from it all with his family to sort his head out.

I would be pleased to see him play one more game for the Redz as a fair well to all the city fans who appreciate what he did for the club.

city.gif

So you are going to admit that BT is a bigger fan than yourself and many others ........ Oh well fair enough

So BT is now bigger than BCFC................... well not in my eyes but hey what do I care?

On a thread regarding BT's options on playing on.

This message was found

Dave_L Posted on 20/9 14:36 Email this Message | Reply 

re: Tins' playing career - for Dave L 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two from League One Clubs as far as I know. He's on holiday at the moment 'considering his position', which is hopefully on a sun lounger with a large drink. He's earned it

We are at our lowest eb - BT is on hols - still on the payroll & earn't the drinks.

ranting.gif  ranting.gif

100 replies - get in there. biggrin.gif

Now to sum up.

DW got us to the brink - and who would have said he had earnt a drink after he was sacked?

BT has taken us backwards - and we are in freefall - and we agree has earnt his drink?

Just think about it.

And I suppose it shouldn't surprise me, but when the thread is involving BT, it gives the poster a real rough ride.

Tough life being a little different to those who idiolise BT. ?

Now for those who are still grieving - move on.

I am sure there will be the different posters who will slate the next manager.

Especially if it turns out to be LL !

Its a game of footy & we all have various opinions. We all see things differently & just because I feel that BT didn't earn his drink, dosn't mean that it's personal.

Short memories some posters - DW was totally slated.

100 replies - get in there.  biggrin.gif

Now to sum up.

DW got us to the brink - and who would have said he had earnt a drink after he was sacked?

BT has taken us backwards - and we are in freefall - and we agree has earnt his drink?

Just think about it.

Now for those who are still grieving - move on.

I am sure there will be the different posters who will slate the next manager.

Its a game of footy & we all have various opinions.

BT has taken us backwards but it was the board that made the decision to appoint him, and maybe not all of them, that decision has taken us backwards having also sold off or let go certain players.................. remember the reasons that we were given for BT's appointment........... the longer this thread gets the more questions start to get asked?

It was not supposed to be this way was it....... it also could have worked but didn't....... if only this comment was all hindsight I'd be happy but it's not....... so those that do not wish to question...... do not question...... it's easy really

COME ON YOU REDS!

Hardtimes ahead but we are all red!

So you are going to admit that BT is a bigger fan than yourself and many others ........  Oh well fair enough

So BT is now bigger than BCFC................... well not in my eyes but hey what do I care?

I'm not saying that BT is a bigger fan than myself and many others but he is a fan, and sadly it didnt work out for him.

Ok the back bone of the team went in the summer but was that all his doing???? I don't think so.

BT is just the scape goat to blame for the problems which is hounding our beloved Club .

As for BT being bigger than BCFC, I think not!!!

CTID

In some ways he does represent some fans ......... just as you do RedTop

But should he represent the fans' views on the FCF? I don't see much ground swell for his opinions on here.

Following on from your comment, I'd much rather someone with a "balanced" view such as RedTop represented our views than someone with an axe to grind.

But should he represent the fans' views on the FCF? I don't see much ground swell for his opinions on here.

Following on from your comment, I'd much rather someone with a "balanced" view such as RedTop represented our views than someone with an axe to grind.

See here is a typical response.

Fingers, I don't have an axe to grind. Other posters make this an issue.

All I have is an opinion that BT shouldn't be awarded such praise.

Why is my view unbalanced & why is it wrong.

As I said before, I aired my views & concerns at the BT appt at a FCF meeting.

And I was openly laughed at.

So whose views turned out to be more balanced.

dunno.gif

I don't have a problem with BT getting away & gathering thoughts.

I don't have a problem with BT sitting on a sun lounger.

What I do have a problem with, is that some fans think that he has earn't it

We are next to bottom of the division, we have lost all direction & some say that BT has earn't his drink.

ranting.gif  ranting.gif

You really are a heartless ###### RichieB.

Imagine if you can what Tins is going through on a personal level. Haven't you even the slightest bit of empathy in you? I have no idea of what you do for a living but imagine how you'd feel after losing the job you've always wanted with the people you've always aimed to please all your life calling for your head. Tins has spent a life in football and now it seems despite his coaching badges he's probably thinking (possibly correctly) that management holds no future for him. On a personal level I'm gutted for the bloke even though it probably was the correct decision. Didn't the pictures of that forelorn figure in the Swansea dugout

conjure up any sympathy for the man?

RAF

I'm not saying that BT is a bigger fan than myself and many others but he is a fan, and sadly it didnt work out for him.

Ok the back bone of the team went in the summer but was that all his doing???? I don't think so.

BT is just the scape goat to blame for the problems which is hounding our beloved Club .

As for BT being bigger than BCFC, I think not!!!

CTID

I agree, I do think the problems are bigger than we might at first suspect

We all want the best for our club no matter what we post on here.

I accept you view on BT........ I even felt that despite DW's departure..... it was for the best....... he did seem to have problems....... that said were they any bigger than we have now.......... and that has to be the most depressing side of things?

I don't mean to be nasty to anybody or to BT....... you might even be right, maybe BT is not to blame....... the problems with the position we as a club are in remains the same though.......... we can only hope that the right choice is made regarding the selection of Manager and that he has the ability to sort out the problems on the field?

You keep posting......... what many forget is we might not agree but the right to express an opinion is gift..... We all thank SL for funding this forum?

I do not agree..... but I respect your opinion..... enough said?

You really are a heartless ###### RichieB.

Imagine if you can what Tins is going through on a personal level.  Haven't you even the slightest bit of empathy in you?  I have no idea of what you do for a living but imagine how you'd feel after losing the job you've always wanted with the people you've always aimed to please all your life calling for your head.  Tins has spent a life in football and now it seems despite his coaching badges he's probably thinking (possibly correctly) that management holds no future for him.  On a personal level I'm gutted for the bloke even though it probably was the correct decision.  Didn't the pictures of that forelorn figure in the Swansea dugout

conjure up any sympathy for the man? 

RAF

By the same token...... do you wish to thank me and the many others that have given time and good effort to the many things and good causes in life that mean something to some people?

No...... why because this is football....... and the rest of us don't ask for thanks ........

Guest routabout
DaveL...... temper you coments with mine eh......... I'm not laughing

If you are seeing patterns mate ...... lay of the LSD smile.gif

I had the formula/recipe for LSD. I think it involves pulping Hawiian Rosewood seeds or something. Trouble is, if you get it wrong, it'll cabbage you.

Guest routabout
That's basically...... Morning Glory seeds..... right?

As that is Hawiian Rosewood........don't start smile.gif

Cabbage is not known to be hallucinogenic.........

Cabbage might not be, but Turkey can be. I once made a Turkey curry and I had THE strangest dreams that night. I mean really trippy.

By the same token...... do you wish to thank me and the many others that have given time and good effort to the many things and good causes in life that mean something to some people?

No...... why because this is football....... and the rest of us don't ask for thanks ........

By the same token...if you work in computers and your boss tasked you to fix a problem, and you spent 7 days a week working your nuts off to fix it, and gave everything you had, but were unable to succeed, how would you feel if you were told you didn't deserve a holiday or a drink just because it was still broken?

You see my point?

RichieB's point is not about recognition. No-one is arguing that BT deserves an open-top bus ride for being a successful manager. His record obviously does not justify that. The point RichieB is making - completely warped in the opinion of myself and most others is this thread is any indication - is that he hasn't put in enough to have 'earn't' a drink and shouldn't be allowed to have a short break to recover from something that would have knocked the stuffing out of any of us.

Archived