IGNORED

Just Read This Message From Net Centre

richieb

YOU ARE A MUPPET RICHIE

Are you honestly stating that if Dave had put and I quote 'consoling drink' then you wouldn't have thrown your toys out of the pram?

Why is BTs' drink not well deserved? He's tried his hardest and come up short.

It doesn't matter that he failed its' the fact that he TRIED. That's the reason he earned his drink.

If you give 100% then whether you succeed or fail you can hold your head high and say 'well at least I tried'

People that think Tinnion doesn't deserve his drink are misguided. Would you appluad him if he were to make a farewell appearence at a game. Or has he not earned it???

This is my first post for a couple of years as i got pi***d off with Moronic posts.

Things have not changed.  How can anyone moan that Tinnion is on Holiday.

My mate is good friends with Brian and he has gone through hell.  He had to get rid of fans favourite Tommy Doc because he had no respect for the club.  He was out on the Pi** before trying to play.  Dinning the same.  leroy wanted to go, so his hands were tied.  He has got good players in, but unfortunatly they haven`t clicked yet.  Because of this and the fact that he loves the club,  he still worked 7 days,  he still stayed up watching city games on videos half the night trying to get it right even with a new born Baby to consider.

How have you got the audasity to say that he doesn`t deserve a holiday.

PRATS !

I still think he is the right man to take the club forward but with a Jim Smith/ Dave Bassett type to help him on the coaching side.  We might get a John Gregory or a Peter Reid bu tthey won`t give two hoots about BRISTOL CITY.

I give it 3 Months before people are moaning about the new manager

dunno.gif

Lots of people work hard and get little pay or respect - Tinnion was useless as a manager which I suggested in June 2004 and yes, if the board, or half a board make another stupid decision I will voice my concern again

Let's have a look at the facts (as I see them):

Brian Tinnion had a long and distinguished playing career with BCFC before he took over from DW. Had he concentrated on playing out his career with us, he would be considered a legend. As it is, he gambled it all on a management career with us and it did not pay off. Whether or not he is directly to blame is open to debate, but the fact that he came in with no experience meant that anything other than immediate success would give the fans the instant gratification they needed to feel comfortable with him. Such high expectiations were not managed well by the board who laid out vague yet ambitious objectives. In short, BT accepted a poisoned chalice thinking it was the Holy Grail.

The first season in charge ended in relative disappointment by finishing one point outside the play-off zone. Had our prominent and media savvy board done a better job of absorbing that pressure or managing fans' expectations this might well have been seen as a decent start to his management career. As it was, it was widely looked on as a huge step backwards and the blame laid at Tinnion's door.

It does seem that BT also had a certain amount of sh|t to deal with that an outsider might not have. Certain ex-colleagues of Brian's (now subordinates) were off-loaded as it seemed they had a problem respecting him as manager. The star player that had been given his big chance under him was then sold by the board. 7 new players (2 of them highly paid) came in and have failed to gel or deliver quickly enough. BT's lack of experience dealing with this was laid wide open. There was no-one around to help out.

Brian's dedication to the cause and his quest to "get it right" has been visible for everyone to see. No-one more than him would have wanted to get off to a successful start to a new and challenging dimension to their career. Apart from the fact that his future livelihood depended on it, I am sure he desperately wanted to deliver promotion for the club he loves. As it was, he has been forced to move on.

Over the last 15 months or so, Tinnion has gone from hero to zero with the fans of a club he loves. His reputation has been tarnished and his potential for new employment at managerial level seems questionable at best. His effort, howver, cannot be faulted.

I think the bloke deserves a pint and some respect for his contribution to the club.

PS - For the record richie, you can spell it "earnt" or "earned" but definitley NOT "earn't".

Brian Tinnion had a long and distinguished playing career with BCFC before he took over from DW. Had he concentrated on playing out his career with us, he would be considered a legend. As it is, he gambled it all on a management career with us and it did not pay off. Whether or not he is directly to blame is open to debate, but the fact that he came in with no experience meant that anything other than immediate success would give the fans the instant gratification they needed to feel comfortable with him. Such high expectiations were not managed well by the board who laid out vague yet ambitious objectives. In short, BT accepted a poisoned chalice thinking it was the Holy Grail.

The first season in charge ended in relative disappointment by finishing one point outside the play-off zone. Had our prominent and media savvy board done a better job of absorbing that pressure or managing fans' expectations this might well have been seen as a decent start to his management career. As it was, it was widely looked on as a huge step backwards and the blame laid at Tinnion's door.

It does seem that BT also had a certain amount of sh|t to deal with that an outsider might not have. Certain ex-colleagues of Brian's (now subordinates) were off-loaded as it seemed they had a problem respecting him as manager. The star player that had been given his big chance under him was then sold by the board. 7 new players (2 of them highly paid) came in and have failed to gel or deliver quickly enough. BT's lack of experience dealing with this was laid wide open. There was no-one around to help out.

Brian's dedication to the cause and his quest to "get it right" has been visible for everyone to see. No-one more than him would have wanted to get off to a successful start to a new and challenging dimension to their career. Apart from the fact that his future livelihood depended on it, I am sure he desperately wanted to deliver promotion for the club he loves. As it was, he has been forced to move on.

Over the last 15 months or so, Tinnion has gone from hero to zero with the fans of a club he loves. His reputation has been tarnished and his potential for new employment at managerial level seems questionable at best. His effort, howver, cannot be faulted.

I think the bloke deserves a pint and some respect for his contribution to the club.

PS - For the record richie, you can spell it "earnt" or "earned" but definitley NOT "earn't".

Now that is quite possibly one of the fairest and most accurate posts I've ever read. Apart from the one earlier about Daphne dying in Neighbours of course.

Fantastic summary. Thanks for that, I feel lifted.

Well said Redrocks.

Richieb, put a sock in it. You've got boring.

It's called humanity RedM, and thanks for restoring a bit of my faith in it. Sadly, while you were being haunted by that image and feeling sympathy for a man who had given it his everything and failed, there were plenty of people grinning, phoning each other, laughing, patting each other on the back and generally celebrating. Of that I have little doubt.

Humanity? ........ I thought it would be better described as empathy????

RichieB rightly or wrongly is never boring....... just depends on how open your mind is ?

Well he was completely bloody tedious on this thread. So that's that theory disproved. And my mind is perfectly open thanks all the same.

Thanks. I was looking for someone to sum up my viewpoint to spare everyone one of my long-winded and turgid posts, and you'll be relieved to learn you've managed it!

How anyone can argue Tins has not earned/earnt/earn't the chance to reflect on his future and spend time with the family that has no doubt suffered from the hours he has put into our club just baffles and saddens me. It's not a case of success. Tins put 100 per cent into our club over many years - an example that sadly not all there have followed - and to begrudge him time to recover from a bodyblow like he has just suffered shows a totally inhuman lack of compassion and a vindictive mean streak that leaves a rather nasty taste.

One thing you can be damned sure of is that in the face of defeat, Tins is not living it up as if he's not got a care in the world, like some of our players have (allegedly) been doing. Anyone who cannot see the difference needs their head examined.

I find the idea that Tins should be denied time to recover contemptable. Do we really want someone with this sort of attitude representing us on the FCF? Do we get a vote in who sits on the panel so that we can ensure they reflect our views?

So you would understand then Frank eh?  ...... All the same smile.gif

I think it's safe to say I understand the reason for this thread being started now that it's progressed, yes.

On the plus side, those who have shown compassion for Tinnion have left me feeling truly happy and uplifted, with my damaged faith in humanity somewhat restored. So for that I'm glad it was posted, as it drew people into defending a good man who tried his very best and who's hurting like hell.

I think it's safe to say I understand the reason for this thread being started now that it's progressed, yes.

On the plus side, those who have shown compassion for Tinnion have left me feeling truly happy and uplifted, with my damaged faith in humanity somewhat restored. So for that I'm glad it was posted, as it drew people into defending a good man who tried his very best and who's hurting like hell.

Good on you Frank.......... respect to you mate

We all support the same team at the end of the day...... and opinon is all the forum is really..... some for some against but opinion all the same

Thanks. I was looking for someone to sum up my viewpoint to spare everyone one of my long-winded and turgid posts, and you'll be relieved to learn you've managed it!

How anyone can argue Tins has not earned/earnt/earn't the chance to reflect on his future and spend time with the family that has no doubt suffered from the hours he has put into our club just baffles and saddens me. It's not a case of success. Tins put 100 per cent into our club over many years - an example that sadly not all there have followed - and to begrudge him time to recover from a bodyblow like he has just suffered shows a totally inhuman lack of compassion and a vindictive mean streak that leaves a rather nasty taste.

One thing you can be damned sure of is that in the face of defeat, Tins is not living it up as if he's not got a care in the world, like some of our players have (allegedly) been doing. Anyone who cannot see the difference needs their head examined.

I find the idea that Tins should be denied time to recover contemptable. Do we really want someone with this sort of attitude representing us on the FCF? Do we get a vote in who sits on the panel so that we can ensure they reflect our views?

Nice one RT.

I am glad I remain on the FCF, as it gives a real balanced view.

I think that it was a couple of us who voiced our views that we thought BT wasn't the right choice for manager.

And that we felt that the job should have been advertised.

I remember many members of the FCF who shook their heads & laugh at my concerns over the legend they called BT.

15 months down the road BT has failed & we are in dire straights.

And it's amazing how some of those very FCF members were saying why BT was the wrong appt. disapointed2se.gif

At the recent meeting I like everyone else wished BT well.

But didn't he deserves the grieving that a few supporters continue to show for him.

He was a decent player, gave us good service & has now a failed as a manager.

Just because I say what I feel, dosn't mean that my support & passion for the club is less than the few who continue to argue. ( yes the odd few )

biggrin.gif

Good on you Frank.......... respect to you mate

We all support the same team at the end of the day...... and opinon is all the forum is really..... some for some against but opinion all the same

Nah. This oversteps pure opinion by some distance and puts its size nines full square into nastiness.

Just when I was thinking of logging off for the night, I find this thread.

One idiot thinks that because a hard working, decent, conscientious man has failed at what he so desparately wanted to achieve, he doesn't deserve so much as a drink let alone a few days holiday.

On the one hand, the best thing to would be to ignore said idiot. rofl2br.gif

On the other, some of the replies have been truly entertaining. biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work richieb!! ######.gif

EDIT: Why doesnt the chef "throwing pancakes in the air work??

Nice one RT.

I am glad I remain on the FCF, as it gives a real balanced view.

I think that it was a couple of us who voiced our views that we thought BT wasn't the right choice for manager.

And that we felt that the job should have been advertised.

I remember many members of the FCF who shook their heads & laugh at my concerns over the legend they called BT.

15 months down the road BT has failed & we are in dire straights.

And it's amazing how some of those very FCF members were saying why BT was the wrong appt.  disapointed2se.gif

At the recent meeting I like everyone else wished BT well.

But didn't he deserves the grieving that a few supporters continue to show for him.

He was a decent player, gave us good service & has now a failed as a manager.

Just because I say what I feel, dosn't mean that my support & passion for the club is less than the few who continue to argue. ( yes the odd few )

biggrin.gif

Balanced? Don't make I laugh.

Why did you wish him well? You said he doesn't even deserve a drink. But now he deserves a farewell?

I suppose two faces gives you balance of sorts in a way.

Sadly the sort of things you refer to here are exactly the sort of thing that the UK press takes great delight in printing everyday......... and many people buy the papers and believe every word?

It's the world we live in........ and the higher you climb.... the harder you fall????

Maybe you think it is out of context......... but I don't

Balanced? Don't make I laugh.

Why did you wish him well? You said he doesn't even deserve a drink. But now he deserves a farewell?

I suppose two faces gives you balance of sorts in a way.

Some people disapointed2se.gif

He's gone & as a collective FCF, we wished him well.

Now I think this is slightly different to saying he has deserved a well earned drink. banghead.gif

As another poster put it. BT has crappified this club. ranting.gif

Some people  disapointed2se.gif

Now I think this is slightly different to saying he has deserved a well earned drink.  banghead.gif

As another poster put it. BT has crappified this club.  ranting.gif

Sorry, can't be bothered with this anymore. You're on a wind up and I've bitten enough. Read some of the replies on this thread and you'll see what high regard Tinnion was held in for his efforts and what low regard you are now held in for being so petty and vindictive.

That's my lot. Someone else try if they like, but you're wasting your time.

Agreed in the full RedTop.

When one fan peddles his own agenda, clearly against the views of a huge number of fans, he shouldn't represent them to the club.

Can someone from the FCF enlighten us how Richie got "selected"?

Just when I was thinking of logging off for the night, I find this thread.

One idiot thinks that because a hard working, decent, conscientious man has failed at what he so desparately wanted to achieve, he doesn't deserve so much as a drink let alone a few days holiday.

On the one hand, the best thing to would be to ignore said idiot.  rofl2br.gif

On the other, some of the replies have been truly entertaining.  biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work richieb!!  ######.gif

EDIT: Why doesnt the chef "throwing pancakes in the air work??

Sorry to keep you on line.

And thanks for the compliment.

Never a dull moment.

I think 'idiot' is a bit strong. As it's a view, it may differ from yours. but It's my opinion.

And again, someone who twist's things.

I havn't said anything about denying BT his holiday.

If you bother to read, its about posters who are still grieving for BT.

A failed manager who we are being told has earnt his drink !

No one has bothered to respond to the fact that if DW was in this position - I am sure certain posters wouldn't have been so complimentry if I had posed the same statement that DaveL did.

DW went on holiday after Cardiff for a well earnt drink. dunno.gif

Imagine what this comment would have started.

It seems that it's a rule for one & not another.

Some people  disapointed2se.gif

Now I think this is slightly different to saying he has deserved a well earned drink.  banghead.gif

As another poster put it. BT has crappified this club.  ranting.gif

Good luck to Brian Tinnion...................

But when it was Danny Wilson or if it had been some other manager then ..... what would be said?

I don't even remember BT before he came to this club but I was following BCFC prior to his arrival and will be following BCFC long after all this becomes history.....

I do not hold anything against BT it just didn't works out this time around and we are in a bad shape........ we need to turn it all around and snatch victory from failures grip?

Agreed in the full RedTop.

When one fan peddles his own agenda, clearly against the views of a huge number of fans, he shouldn't represent them to the club.

Can someone from the FCF enlighten us how Richie got "selected"?

Simple - I applied & was accepted.

And as for the the views of a number of fans - you obviously are thinking of a half a dozen or so posters.

biggrin.gif

As for my own agenda - what agenda. I have a view & others have theirs.

And I don't represent the club. disapointed2se.gif

Archived