IGNORED

Smokin Banned At Ag Next Season

Mrdc

I know numerous fans that wont renew season tickets next season on the back of this. Another good bit of PR work by the club.

Thats very sad.Are the same 'fans' going to stop visiting pubs and bars when the smoking ban comes in next summer as well?

The football club is just moving with the times thats all.A real breath of fresh air...

I was speaking to someone recently about the smoking ban in pubs in Ireland. Apparantely its been a huge success and people tend to go outside for a cigarettere if they get the urge when in a pub or restaurant. A good place to meet and chat so as I was told. I'm not sure what the percentage of people that go to football smoke to non smoking but with the government clamping down on smoking it wasnt really a suprise was it?

Hi, haven't posted for a long while.

While a smoking ban may discourage a proportion of fans from attending, it will have the reverse effect for others. My girlfriend and I abhor cigarette smoke to the point where it became the sole reason we will not currently attend football grounds (before you ask, yes, this also applies to public houses). We did attend one game at the Gate this season, at home to Walsall but it was spoiled by the adolescents next to us, behind us and two rows in front all chain-smoking their way through the game.

I am not advocating a total ban, that is too radical and hurried a move, however I do agree smoking and non-smoking sections would at least afford supporters a choice, one which my girlfriend and I (along with many others, I guess) would very much appreciate.

Scott.

That's totally pathetic, there's no need whatsoever for it.

Nibor, personally enjoy reading your posts, but this has got to be a joke surely?

I'm hopeful that you are refering to Citykevs post and not the ban on smoking - as surely the health and hygiene issues may have something to do with the partial ban?

Nibor, personally enjoy reading your posts, but this has got to be a joke surely?

I'm hopeful that you are refering to Citykevs post and not the ban on smoking - as surely the health and hygiene issues may have something to do with the partial ban?

My views on it have been repeated over and over. There's no health reason whatsoever for banning it in the open air. There's no legal reason. There's no hygiene reason. The only reason it's being banned is because some people don't like the smell which is what is pathetic.

There's no common sense reason that the club can't allow both choices - smokers to smoke and non smokers not to. It hardly as if there's a lack of room now is it?

I was speaking to someone recently about the smoking ban in pubs in Ireland. Apparantely its been a huge success and people tend to go outside for a cigarettere if they get the urge when in a pub or restaurant. A good place to meet and chat so as I was told. I'm not sure what the percentage of people that go to football smoke to non smoking but with the government clamping down on smoking it wasnt really a suprise was it?

Saying that government wont close the tobacco factories, to much tax made out it. Wonder if the stewards will let fans who cannot last a couple of hours without a fag go outside for one? If there is a ban it should be total not a couple of small areas where they are falsing smokers to go. If there is no ban in the away end let the home fans join them.

My views on it have been repeated over and over. There's no health reason whatsoever for banning it in the open air. There's no legal reason. There's no hygiene reason. The only reason it's being banned is because some people don't like the smell which is what is pathetic.

There's no common sense reason that the club can't allow both choices - smokers to smoke and non smokers not to. It hardly as if there's a lack of room now is it?

Well they are. There are smoking areas of the ground.

Being sat next to a smoker fror 90 mins is not smoking in the open air.

Well they are. There are smoking areas of the ground.

Being sat next to a smoker fror 90 mins is not smoking in the open air.

There 's room to provide a much more equal choice than a block at the end of the stand. There's no reason a non smoker has to be sat next to a smoker for 90 minutes. Even if they were there'd be no health risk whatsoever in doing so.

I am assuming that this was discussed at the recent FCF meeting and this was an amicable conclusion to the ban. At least people have the freedom of moving seats rather than a total ban? Is it that awful that people cant wait for 90 minutes to have a cigarette? What happens when people go on aeroplanes they cant smoke there?

Little experiment. I sit next to you at a match and everytime you breath out smoke around me, i'll spray a nice dose of extra strong Hi-Karate deodrant toward you. Do that for 90 mins, every game. :w00t:

I am assuming that this was discussed at the recent FCF meeting and this was an amicable conclusion to the ban. At least people have the freedom of moving seats rather than a total ban? Is it that awful that people cant wait for 90 minutes to have a cigarette? What happens when people go on aeroplanes they cant smoke there?

The FCF meeting didn't come to any real concrete descision about this, we were just asked about peoples thoughts outside of the group (as per the minutes). The club & Ashton Gate Ltd were making the ulimate descision. I think it was split almost exactly 50/50 on for/against the ban.

One of the best suggestions on the night was to allow smokers to light up at h/t & f/t - thus those who don't like the smoke could move away.

There was never going to be a easy solution to this...

Little experiment. I sit next to you at a match and everytime you breath out smoke around me, i'll spray a nice dose of extra strong Hi-Karate deodrant toward you. Do that for 90 mins, every game. :w00t:

I don't smoke at Ashton gate. There's no reason you should have to sit next to a smoker and no need to introduce such a draconian ban.

Anyway you've made my point for me - it's nothing to do with health is it?

The FCF meeting didn't come to any real concrete descision about this. The club & Ashton Gate Ltd were making the ulimate descision. I think it was split almost exactly 50/50 on for/against the ban.

One of the best suggestions on the night was to allow smokers to light up at h/t & f/t - thus those who don't like the smoke could move away.

There was never going to be a easy solution to this...

I guess your always going to upset someone. I think I read last season that Hartlepool were having a ban on no smoking this season. Can anyone who went last week confirm this? THere must be other grounds in our league that have imposed a total ban or no somking zones. Has anyone else experienced this on their away travels this season?

No idea about the health aspect of it, but when you have a group of 14 year old insisting on sparking up every 5 mins in between filling the floor up with gobbing in front of you, i welcome the decision.

But I agree that it would of been more fair to allow the smokers to spark up at any other time (before/HT/FT) but not during the match when everyone is seated close together.

So you hang around council houses as well as smelling! each to there own.

Oh Cr@p, don't tell anyone !!!

I sound like your typical Saghead :blink:

Archived