IGNORED

Fm07. City Game Thread.

Sargent Pepper

So FM07 is here ! :banana: And like many of you i'll be starting as the mighty reds so I thought it would be good to hear how everyone playing as City is getting on throughout thier game.

So if people want to use this thread as a place to tell us about thier experiences ie: players doing well/poorly, tactics they use, where they see weekness is the squad, youth development, good transfer targets and of course results and league positions, I for one would be very interested !

Please no billy bullshit ("i've just won all three cups in my 1st season" type stuff) just good feedback that we may all be able to learn from.

Let the games begin.. :city:

first thing I did was sack nearly all my coaching staff as they were pants! only person I kept was Alan Walsh!

playing 4-4-2,

Basso,

Carey, McCombe, Fontaine, McAllister

Murray, Noble, Skuse, Brown

.........Brooker, Jevons

that was my initial starting line up but I have since signed Ian Walker who was on a free and he has taken Basso's place as Basso was awful

lots of little improvements in the game that I am really liking, the scouting is excellent

I've started my first game with City, and it's going quite well. I sit 3rd in the league after 10 games, winning 6, drawing 2 and losing 2 of which 1 of these was to Brighton, the first game of the season, 3-0 at home. (I thought it was going to be difficult)

So far I have signed, Tommy Doherty (finally back to his best, he was on the transfer list) and a leftback/left winger called Eddie Stanford, signed from some foreign club, who has pace and has been brilliant so far.

The game is brilliant and much better than last years game, eventhough I know some people who are disapointed with it. The new features are brilliant and even the tiny little things that have been added to the game make it so much better. Another awesome effort by SI. :clapping:

something else I've noticed that I quite like, Team Talk effect.

after games you can get your assistant to tell you the effect of your team talk and how he thinks players have been effect by what you have to say, seems most my players don't actually listen to me

2nd after 4 games, lost first game but unbeaten since, 2nd behind forest,

signed a striker called John Sutton from St Mirren for 80k scored 4 in 2....lovely lovely

SL wont give me a feeder club!!!! I'm 7th after 4 games, in the league cup 2nd round, have only signed a young goalkeeper on loan, has anyone given MS a chance??

Really? They offered me Villa, Birmingham and Liverpool but didnt bother in the end. MS is injured but I've signed Matt Jansen and Chris Sutton so he's behind those two, Brooker, Jevons and Showumni so is nowhere near the first team.

5 games in, won 4, lost 1. Reckon its quality.

At the start of november now. 3rd in league, and Enoch has 11 in 12 games. Managed to sign Alan Pouton for a grand and he's playing well as cover for Skuse.

I'm loving this game at the moment. Especially like the fact you get players moaning about poor reffing decisions, then you can have a look at it and make a comment yourself. :chant6ez:

At the start of november now. 3rd in league, and Enoch has 11 in 12 games. Managed to sign Alan Pouton for a grand and he's playing well as cover for Skuse.

I'm loving this game at the moment. Especially like the fact you get players moaning about poor reffing decisions, then you can have a look at it and make a comment yourself. :chant6ez:

I don't see the point in looking at it though cos its loads of circles running round and how are you meant to see if they got the ball or not when they've given a penalty?! :dunno:

Really? They offered me Villa, Birmingham and Liverpool but didnt bother in the end. MS is injured but I've signed Matt Jansen and Chris Sutton so he's behind those two, Brooker, Jevons and Showumni so is nowhere near the first team.

5 games in, won 4, lost 1. Reckon its quality.

Wouldn't happen in real life though. Good signings, I signed Jansen on the demo. Imagine Sutton playing for City in real life, I can't! :crying:

I've started my first game with City, and it's going quite well. I sit 3rd in the league after 10 games, winning 6, drawing 2 and losing 2 of which 1 of these was to Brighton, the first game of the season, 3-0 at home. (I thought it was going to be difficult)

So far I have signed, Tommy Doherty (finally back to his best, he was on the transfer list) and a leftback/left winger called Eddie Stanford, signed from some foreign club, who has pace and has been brilliant so far.

The game is brilliant and much better than last years game, eventhough I know some people who are disapointed with it. The new features are brilliant and even the tiny little things that have been added to the game make it so much better. Another awesome effort by SI. :clapping:

Good man. I always have to sign him on fm. Got my copy today, probably give it a bash on Monday, getting quite excited by all the positve feedback.

Wouldn't happen in real life though. Good signings, I signed Jansen on the demo. Imagine Sutton playing for City in real life, I can't! :crying:

Christ, how things change in a few hours. I've since gone nine games without a win and lying in 20th place. This version seems a lot harder than the rest of them which I'm glad about cos its always been too easy, ever since it was bought out on the Amiga in about 1996.

Sutton is rubbish and is in my reserves now, Jansen has been injured which I suppose I shouldnt be surprised about. Stewart scored a hattrick for the reserves but put him in the first team for a few games and he was rubbish.

There has always been a formation that will work. It used to be 4-3-3 in the days of the Amiga, then 4-4-2 then 5-3-2 but now I cant find one. I might sound bitter but I am happy that its hard. The longevity might last a year until the next one instead of getting bored after 4 or 5 months.

I've just finished my 1st season with city. i finished in 8th 6 points from 6th, and 28 points from top. my record for the season was won 19, drew 11, lost 16. One thing i found with the game is that you'll go on an unbeaten run of 5/6 games, but then lose one and then go on a winless streak of 5/6 games, with out changing formation or players only if one gets injured or suspended. Like i beat top of the table one week 2-0 and moved into 2nd, and then next week i lost 1-0 to crewe.

The promoted sides from my game in that season were forest top, brighton 2nd and blackpool after going through the play-offs after finishing 6, they beat swansea 2-0 in the final.

And relegated were chesterfield, yeovil, rotherham and port vale

Arsenal, West Brom and Chester were the other league winners

So far wasted nearly 14 hours on that one season, why did they have to release it just before half term, when i got coursework to do, i don't think much of that is going to get done.

Forgot to add, i've only signed 2 players permanently, john sutton for 50k, and chris sutton on a free, and had a few loanee's in a gk, and ferretti or cardiff, and cox of reading. and i have a feeder club of yate, as they were the cheapest to pay for, and a parent club of arsenal.

• Admin

I always bought Stanford on FM2006 so I have just bought him on 2007 as well. Not a bad left-winger but on 2006 he excelled at left-back especially for the price.

I'm still in pre-season, played my first friendly last night when having a look round the various new features and was fairly dire in a 2-1 defeat at Burnley. Picked the game back up again this evening and spent a while setting instructions for all the individual players and in the following two friendlies I have won 5-2 away at Alloa and followed that up with a 4-0 home victory over (temporary) Premiership side Sheffield United.

Early days but the performance in these games was encouraging.

Other than Stanford I've also signed a cheap Slovak midfielder who my fans don't like due to him calling us a stepping stone upon arrival (not that I mind that as it means he reckons he has talent that I can abuse in the meantime ;)). Anyway, tried out some "Player Interaction" in letting him know that Scotty Murray was a player he could learn off. He now doesn't like me :laugh:

I got mine on Thursday but couldn't play it until yesterday when my PC came back from being fixed. Great game but I haven't started a 'proper' game yet. I'm planning to start one later today as City (of course). Any recommendations for tactics, players, staff, training etc. Also are there any youngsters (under-18) that look like they have a good future that will join in the first/second season?

Chris Weale just made his first start for me after his injury and he had 3 scored past him.(hope he don't do that in real life)

Maybe its just me being rubbish at the game but Weale has played 6 games for me and conceded 17 goals so stick with Basso in goal or if you can buy a new keeper.

Archived