IGNORED

Fm07. City Game Thread.

Sargent Pepper

I finished my first season yesterday, and I won the league. Showumni scored 27 goals too.

I had a bad spell just after xmas, where I lost 6 games out of 7, then won 5 on the bounce, to leave me 6 points clear at the top.

I have only been given 425k to spend next year, although I have just accepted a 500k bid for McCallister.

See if you can get Scott Sinclair on loan from Chelsea, he scored 6 in 9 appearances for me, after I had all the clubs centre forwards injured, except JM-W. :(

Skuse is a god :clapping:

I played a standard 4-4-2 with the wingers having forward arrows, a direct-ish style of play, with a quick tempo and width, closing down just into the 'always' area and tight marking for the defenders. Worked a treat. :notworthy:

Couldnt beat Cheltenham though.

how do you link with another team and how do you arrange ore season games ?

To get a feeder club/parent club you go to Manager>Board Room then in the bottom left corner there is some text saying "Make Board Request" click that and then choose "Request Feeder Club" or "Request Parent Club". Then after a few days you'll get a news article saying whether the board agree with you that you should have a feeder/parent club and then give you some possible clubs and you can choose from one of them or reject them.

I'm wondering who done the players attributes because they seem very underrated.

Me :)

Please let me know what you feel is innaccurate as I will review and change for future updates, feedback is always helpful. I don't purposely underrate any of the players but I do try to be as realistic as possible, unlike a lot of researchers who just get partisan and make out their own crap team are world beaters.

If you overrate all your players, the game has to make adjustments to all their stats to scale them to how good the club is, and that means losing a lot of the accuracy of individual attributes. That's why I am realistic so that individual qualities shine through. The SI boys have complimented my efforts in this respect.

Let me know who you think is wrong and why! I haven't had a chance to play this one yet, been too busy, but hopefully will do soon!

Please let me know what you feel is innaccurate as I will review and change for future updates, feedback is always helpful. I don't purposely underrate any of the players but I do try to be as realistic as possible, unlike a lot of researchers who just get partisan and make out their own crap team are world beaters.

If you overrate all your players, the game has to make adjustments to all their stats to scale them to how good the club is, and that means losing a lot of the accuracy of individual attributes. That's why I am realistic so that individual qualities shine through. The SI boys have complimented my efforts in this respect.

Let me know who you think is wrong and why! I haven't had a chance to play this one yet, been too busy, but hopefully will do soon!

I think you did a good job with the player attributes, I think McCombe needs to be better, and maybe Scott Brown too, but overall the stats are pretty realistic.

I was slightly annoyed when I said they were underrated because the strikers were missing so many chances, but then I saw other strikers missing open nets so it must be to do with the match engine.

I do think Mccombe needs to be improved and that's about it.

5 points clear after 33 games.

currently 10points behind forrest and brighton at the start of feb!

only one abnormal score so far!!! lost 5-6 in the first leg of the johnstone paint area final to gillingham!

Signed: John Sutton

Tommy Doc

Cisse on a free from portsmouth

Eddie Stanford

and some right winger!

Parent club - Chelsea

Feeder club - some irish team!

• Admin

I'm 7 points clear after 21 games but can't say I'm particularly impressive.

Don't think I've dominated (performance) a single game yet, I'm terrible at home and went out to lower opposition in each of the cups.

I'm also shit scared of speaking to the press about games as on each occasion that I do, my team fall to pieces.

Also Basso is really REALLY annoying me with some of his goalkeeping decisions :blink:

• Admin

SH*T. I've gone wrong. 2 games left in the season and i'm now 2 points OFF SECOND. Oh dear. :( Looks like the playoffs. :pinch:

Despite being INCREDIBLY shit myself, I'm still top. God knows how.

That said, I'm currently on a poor run of results (as well as the previous season long run of poor performances) that could lead to me finishing nowhere come May.

It's really not "fun".

• Admin

Despite being INCREDIBLY shit myself, I'm still top. God knows how.

That said, I'm currently on a poor run of results (as well as the previous season long run of poor performances) that could lead to me finishing nowhere come May.

It's really not "fun".

This is now written mid-match: I'm getting highly peed off with setting up chances for the opposition. I conceed 3 types of goals in the main:

1) Basso goes running out to claim a cross on the edge of the penalty area when it's aimed at the 6 yard box

2) one of my defenders thinks "f*** it" and sets up their star striker for a free strike at goal, presumably cos they hate Basso...or me

3) a deep cross to the far post is won by the attacker at the far post and headed into the opposite corner despite the close attentions of ANY of my DCs.

Edit: When you're luck's out.......go half a season without a penalty.....get awarded 2 in one match......miss them both :crying:

I've just finnished my 2nd season with city in league 1. i finished in the impressive position of 16th. i went on a run of 7 games withiout a win. I changed formation well loads just to try and get a win, as i slid towards relegation. i finally found 5-4-1 all out attack worked. one problem i had was lack of goals, i went 6 games without scoring.

My top scorer was fanny graham with 14 from 40, showunmi got 13 in 20, but he got injured for 6 months.

I went on a bit of a spending spree in january, i signed ade akinbiyi for 50k, bobby hassell 2k, wayne thomas 3k, wes morgan 85k and sean gregan 2k. i sold fontaine in the january to rangers for 400k, 250 up front 150 over 12 months with 20% sell on

I've managed to avoid the sack so far, even though the board are unsatisfied. the fans keep jumping on my back when i lose and don't change formation for a few games, well i spose just like real life that.

Edit: i now played on a bit since then, and i applied for the vacant managers job at barcelona, and the fans said they wanted to see the back of me, so i said they have no patients, then it had a message from the board, that they have issued me an ultimatum for applying for the barcelona job and having a poor season, so i can resign or if i don't then i'll get sacked sometime.

This is now written mid-match: I'm getting highly peed off with setting up chances for the opposition. I conceed 3 types of goals in the main:

1) Basso goes running out to claim a cross on the edge of the penalty area when it's aimed at the 6 yard box

2) one of my defenders thinks "**** it" and sets up their star striker for a free strike at goal, presumably cos they hate Basso...or me

3) a deep cross to the far post is won by the attacker at the far post and headed into the opposite corner despite the close attentions of ANY of my DCs.

Edit: When you're luck's out.......go half a season without a penalty.....get awarded 2 in one match......miss them both :crying:

:rofl2br:

As it happened, I just won my final 2 matches, and Swansea drew one of theirs. Therefore, I finished 2nd, 1 point behind 'Wall, 1 point ahead of Swansea.

One tip: Get Kenywne Jones in, play the ball direct to him. I had him on loan for 2 months (ish), won most games and he scored + set up plenty.

• Admin

:rofl2br:

As it happened, I just won my final 2 matches, and Swansea drew one of theirs. Therefore, I finished 2nd, 1 point behind 'Wall, 1 point ahead of Swansea.

One tip: Get Kenywne Jones in, play the ball direct to him. I had him on loan for 2 months (ish), won most games and he scored + set up plenty.

I'll try but won't hold my breath.

This season I must have made upwards of 100 loan offers for players. About 3 have been accepted and 2 of those players chose not to come.

I apparently have Liverpool as a parent club, anyway, I have tried to loan all of their reserves and they've rejected each approach :clapping:

Still 10 points clear of third place after yet another "undeserved victory".

On previous incarnations I used to get angry when on the odd occasion I would play a team off the park only for them to win by scoring with each shot they manage to get on target. I appear to be that team and it's not particularly enjoyable from this perspective either watching wave after wave of attacks go against you.

If League One strikers could shoot on target I'd already be relegated!

After 2 poor seasons with city, i applied for the england job in the 2008 summer. I was offered it and now england and city manager. So I'm not that good at city and done averagly, yet england want me, must be doing something right.

I just been sacked by city after just 4 games of the 08/09 season with 3 draws and 1 defeat away at s****horpe, that was the final nail in the coffin for me there, but still got my job as england boss. So down to the job center to look for another league side to manage aswell as england.

I apparently have Liverpool as a parent club, anyway, I have tried to loan all of their reserves and they've rejected each approach :clapping:

I have Liverpool too, and every one I try loaning is accepted, and they will come to me. :dunno: Maybe it's just they know they're coming to a good manager. :whistle:

RE: your earlier post, about not comprehensively beating a team; the only game i've won by a good margin is 5-0 at home to Yeovil.

And cider11, how odd you got appointed for England. :laugh:

They probably want some one quite poor in charge. But to be able to get the job and not done anything on the game and having a reputation of regional, something must be wrong with that unles no one wanted it.

• Admin

I have Liverpool too, and every one I try loaning is accepted, and they will come to me. :dunno: Maybe it's just they know they're coming to a good manager. :whistle:

RE: your earlier post, about not comprehensively beating a team; the only game i've won by a good margin is 5-0 at home to Yeovil.

Funnily enough that seems even more true now.

Kenwynne Jones, loan approved, player had no intention of joining :(

I sort of have Madger's problem, but not only am i shit, i lose aswell. After an opening day victory i went 10 league games without a win, currently 20th after 17 games.

Got Rovers in the first rounds of the league cup and the paint cup, 3-2 and 2-0 wins i think the only reason i'm still in a job.

Slight improvement with a bit of 4-5-1, but we're still crap.

In championship now, 6 games in and I was 2 wins, 3 draws, 1 defeat. But now i'm doing rather poo. Not lost yet at home, somehow, and did beat (premiership) Leeds 4-1 at home in cup + Rovers 3-1 in cup. Since then, i can't win. 0-0 at home. Losses away. It's going to be a long, agonizing season. Can see it ending in relegation. :(

Archived